Lawless Says Trade Henoc For A QB

Noeller

Starting to wonder about Sask...

Rey Williams is gone for the season, Hurl and Newman injured, two losses in a row... one more and I say Taman gets an itchy trigger finger - he wants a cup this year

Willy and a pick for Muamba and a pick sounds a bit crazy but... wouldn't surprise me either.

Drew Willy has looked good.  I would want more than just him for Muamba though. Not sure what else, but I don't feel Willy is proven yet and so would want to see something or someone else tacked on to the deal.

I was actually thinking something like Muamba and a 5th for Willy and a 3rd...  fantasy football though...

I don't know lawless personally. I assume you don't either. Contrary to what the vocal minority assumes he is very connected. How do you know he didn't source the fact that Henoc doesn't want to be here?

Regardless, it's an article to trigger discussion. And it worked.

Nobody doubts that Muamba is likely going to test free agency on both sides of the border.  Kyle Walters just said it publicly last week.

No one in there right mind would trade for Muamba at this time. His agent is an absolute idiot - he will wait and hit the open market, be it the CFL or chasing the NFL. Why there is a reference to the CBA is a mystery? He will be a FA long before anything is done with the CBA. Historically the season has even started with no new CBA in place. Unless Tillman can trade for Henoc it doesn't seem likely at all.

I had no issue with the article except for the premise of trading Henoc for Bo Levi.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hufnagel isn't trading BLM for anybody.   However, trading Henoc for a better QB prospect isn't a bad idea at all.  It's easier to find a new MLB than it is to find a QB.  Plus it doesn't have to be a NI as it gives the GM (whoever it might be) the entire off season to find another starting NI.   

Henoc might want to move east so he's closer to his family and quite frankly he's probably sick and tired of the circus we call the WBB's.  I personally believe it's less than 50 % probability that he re-signs here.   

So in order to find a QB, I'd pull that trade off in order to improve the QB position which is something this team can't seem to develop from within.    

When was the last time the WBB's developed a starting QB?   Honestly, I can't think of one.  

DO IT!

I had no issue with the article except for the premise of trading Henoc for Bo Levi.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hufnagel isn't trading BLM for anybody.   However, trading Henoc for a better QB prospect isn't a bad idea at all.  It's easier to find a new MLB than it is to find a QB.  Plus it doesn't have to be a NI as it gives the GM (whoever it might be) the entire off season to find another starting NI.   

Henoc might want to move east so he's closer to his family and quite frankly he's probably sick and tired of the circus we call the WBB's.  I personally believe it's less than 50 % probability that he re-signs here.   

So in order to find a QB, I'd pull that trade off in order to improve the QB position which is something this team can't seem to develop from within.    

When was the last time the WBB's developed a starting QB?   Honestly, I can't think of one.  

DO IT!

Dieter Brock.

You could say we developed Glenn and Jones...

Samew thing for McManus and Salisbury but they just didn't stick around...  

BC developed Khari Jones and Glenn was with the Riders for 3 years before he joined the Bombers. I'd like to know, when was the last time the Bombers recruited a QB and developed them in to a starting QB? 

Lawless connected lol.... Do people not forget him being totally ignored by the bombers and him suckling up so badly to noel in order to get some info on the Jets...

Dude is very much out of the loop on things and just recycles rumors and throws crap on the wall hoping it sticks.

You could say we developed Glenn and Jones...

Samew thing for McManus and Salisbury but they just didn't stick around...  

BC developed Khari Jones and Glenn was with the Riders for 3 years before he joined the Bombers. I'd like to know, when was the last time the Bombers recruited a QB and developed them in to a starting QB? 

Dieter Brock.

I don't know lawless personally. I assume you don't either. Contrary to what the vocal minority assumes he is very connected. How do you know he didn't source the fact that Henoc doesn't want to be here?

Regardless, it's an article to trigger discussion. And it worked.

Dude, you just aren't reading people's posts/replies. Nobody is questioning that part of his article -- they're questioning the ridiculousness of thinking anyone in their right mind would trade a QB currently starting for a 1st place team (BLM, Collaros) for an upcoming free agent NI MLB. It's just a crazy, amateurish argument.

You don't need to be "connected" to know that it's a Madden-esque suggestion that is either a) proof he knows nothing about professional football, or B) just wants to get uninformed fans all riled up thinking the Bombers are dumb for not making the trade (because if Lawless wrote about it, then it's obviously a trade that's on the table). This is what people will believe, and he feeds into it, and it's irresponsible journalism.

Oh here we go with the lawless bashing. I guess his article wasn't as good as all of your articles in mainstream media. Oh right. I wish people would get a grip about lawless. Really shows a lot of insecurity and stupidity with all the attacks.

Clearly lawless out forth an argument meant to stir discussion. And I agree. I don't care of Henoc does want to come back if you can get a legit number one QB for him you do it. No one is safe when it comes to getting a QB.

I agree. I think he is wrong about BLM but the theory behind it is sound.If we were going to lose Henoc why not shop him.If I am a team challenging for the cup and end up losing a starting Canuck I would be willing to trade a backup QB especially if there is a risk of losing him.As far as the Lawless hate it is silly.Sure he swings and misses sometimes but He hits more often than not.He can be a bit of a dog with a bone like he was with Mack but was he wrong? He was the 1'st one talking about the disfunction within the Bombers, about walters wanting to draft Edam,about being offered Glenn and I believe the 1'st talking about Rielly.

Lawless was tweeting his thoughts during Saturdays game.

His thought process was, you can get an import MLB for less money and use Henoc's passport and play in trade value to get a legit QB and not have to give Henoc his much due raise.

I get it, but don't necessarily agree. 

Henoc is in his 3rd year in the league and still hasn't hit his ceiling. 

Oh here we go with the lawless bashing. I guess his article wasn't as good as all of your articles in mainstream media. Oh right. I wish people would get a grip about lawless. Really shows a lot of insecurity and stupidity with all the attacks.

Clearly lawless out forth an argument meant to stir discussion. And I agree. I don't care of Henoc does want to come back if you can get a legit number one QB for him you do it. No one is safe when it comes to getting a QB.

You have developed into one hell of a troll... first you purport yourself as the lone remaining Buck Pierce supporter, and now as a Lawless supporter. 

Secondly, do you really think ANY CFL team is willing to trade a legit #1 QB at this point in the year?  With Ricky Ray, Travis Lulay, Anthony Calvillo, and Drew Tate all suffering injuries already this year; and all of those teams likely to make playoffs?  I don't even think the Stamps would consider dealing Tate with BLM and Glenn healthy.  They have a team with GC potential... you don't squander talent at the most important position on the football field when you're chasing a championship, even if you have 3 starter calibre QB's and can acquire a young, all-star NI MLB.

what if you change the premise a bit...

pretend that it is now December and Muamba hasn't re-signed. the Expansion draft is done and one of Willy/Collaros/Tate is a(or is soon to be a) Redblack.

do you then trade the rights to Muamba for the rights to a QB?

I don't think the premise of trading Muamba is the one that's being criticized here, it's the idea that a pending FA who was a pain in the ass to get signed to an entry level deal with an agent that lots of GMs won't give the time of day to who has already said he'll be a pain in the ass to sign this time has the kind of value that he could bring in a qb that is actually going to make a difference. 

pretend that it is now December and Muamba hasn't re-signed. the Expansion draft is done and one of Willy/Collaros/Tate is a(or is soon to be a) Redblack.

I don't think the premise of trading Muamba is the one that's being criticized here, it's the idea that a pending FA who was a pain in the ass to get signed to an entry level deal with an agent that lots of GMs won't give the time of day to who has already said he'll be a pain in the ass to sign this time has the kind of value that he could bring in a qb that is actually going to make a difference. 

It's that plus he wasn't even motivated enough to research enough to find out that one of the guys he mentioned us trading for is ALSO a pending free agent (Collaros) that makes me hate this article.

It's that plus he wasn't even motivated enough to research enough to find out that one of the guys he mentioned us trading for is ALSO a pending free agent (Collaros) that makes me hate this article.

And that the optimistic projection is that Ray is out until the middle of October.  Collaros could be starting playoff games, but I guess that doesn't matter if you have a shot at a very good Canadian linebacker.

I agree. I think he is wrong about BLM but the theory behind it is sound.If we were going to lose Henoc why not shop him.If I am a team challenging for the cup and end up losing a starting Canuck I would be willing to trade a backup QB especially if there is a risk of losing him.As far as the Lawless hate it is silly.Sure he swings and misses sometimes but He hits more often than not.He can be a bit of a dog with a bone like he was with Mack but was he wrong? He was the 1'st one talking about the disfunction within the Bombers, about walters wanting to draft Edam,about being offered Glenn and I believe the 1'st talking about Rielly.

Walters wanted Edem...?  I missed that article.

Normally I will defend the media or Lawless but this article was weird. 

BLM is not available.  They aren't going to protect Tate, and certainly not KG.   

Collaros is needed in Toronto right now.  If we are going to bring him in it's going to be like the Reily deal. 

I like Drew Willy but he's pretty unproven. 

Also, I don't want to bring our QB of the future into this mess.  I would rather wait for the off-season.  Bring a guy in now and by season's end everybody will be calling for his head.  I would rather give a guy a fresh start next season. 

Finally, I think the possible new GM and certain new HC should be able to pick their own guy.