Lawless Says Trade Henoc For A QB

Noeller

It was a deliberately inflammatory piece, but Lawless wrote that the WBB are going to lose Henoc to FA anyhow, so they should trade him now for a proven QB. 

The entire article was a piece of ****, and deliberately trying to rile people up, but it's a conversation piece anyhow...

Thoughts?

Thoughts:

-- nobody's trading BLM but if Calgary was dumb enough to swap BLM for Henoc, I'd do that.

-- Collaros is a FA ... why would we trade Henoc just because he's a pending FA only to acquire another one

-- who said we're losing Henoc? The entire reason he's going to market is because of the new CBA and Walters already said they'll match any offer

Typical Lawless crap.

Lawless also changed the title of his piece once he sobered up this morning...  Ham-fisted was pretty good I thought though.

And, yes, trading Henoc is a ridiculous idea.  Maybe trade neg rights for a good pick in January if its truly apparent that he won't come back... but come on.  His writing deserves to be on a bomber forum not in the freep... ha!

We continue to run our experienced QB's out of town leaving us in a lurch before a replacement is ready. History just repeating itself.

As for Henoc, he's not as valuable as some may think, unless you have a capable NI backup, which most teams do not. There isn't a single player on this Bomber team that you could flip straight up for a backup QB let alone a starter, yes it's that bad.

We continue to run our experienced QB's out of town leaving us in a lurch before a replacement is ready. History just repeating itself.

As for Henoc, he's not as valuable as some may think, unless you have a capable NI backup, which most teams do not. There isn't a single player on this Bomber team that you could flip straight up for a backup QB let alone a starter, yes it's that bad.

If you're referring to Buck, I hope you realize he would have been hospitalized about halfway through the first quarter of that last game... his reads are no quicker than Goltz's.

Henoc definitely has value - Linebacker is increasingly an NI position...  I would think almost every team in the league would have interest - not for a starting QB straight up but possibly a backup...  then again, Calgary and Sask aren't trading any QBs right now, Toronto can't and no one else really has anyone that jumps out

T.O. is probably the best market for Henoc if they want to make a grey cup run... but they're not giving up Collaros and not messing with their OL... 

If you're referring to Buck, I hope you realize he would have been hospitalized about halfway through the first quarter of that last game... his reads are no quicker than Goltz's.

Henoc definitely has value - Linebacker is increasingly an NI position...  I would think almost every team in the league would have interest - not for a starting QB straight up but possibly a backup...  then again, Calgary and Sask aren't trading any QBs right now, Toronto can't and no one else really has anyone that jumps out

T.O. is probably the best market for Henoc if they want to make a grey cup run... but they're not giving up Collaros and not messing with their OL... 

I'm talking about any experience at the QB position before you move on.

Most teams do not need to start a NI at linebacker and despite what you think the trend is, most will not if they have the option.

The best the Bombers could hope for is a third stringer QB that nobody has heard of yet, Khari Jones type.

I'm talking about any experience at the QB position before you move on.

Most teams do not need to start a NI at linebacker and despite what you think the trend is, most will not if they have the option.

The best the Bombers could hope for is a third stringer QB that nobody has heard of yet, Khari Jones type.

Muamba is an upgrade over Pottinger/Yurichuk in T.O., would add solid depth in Montreal and be heir apparent to Emry, 

Riders just lost Williams and Henoc is better than McCollough...  Sherritt is in pretty rough shape in Edmonton

There's a market

Just brutal analysis.  For someone so "connected," he writes like a guy who's been stuck behind a screen playing Madden where you just hit "sign" and the guy is on your roster.  Our city should trade for some sports columnists who aren't ham-fisted.

In the CFL, and most pro leagues, if you are offering, you are unlikely to get value.  Mitchell and Collaros could very well be starting for their teams into the playoffs, and they are both on 1st place teams.  If you think a team is going to trade a QB that is winning games for them for a linebacker at this point of the season, you're crazy.  There isn't going to be any significant trade market until after the Grey Cup.

There's only a market kels if you have no other choice and every team has the choice. You are only looking at this from the side of his value to the Bombers.

Maybe.  I would say you are under-valuing Muamba's worth to the rest of the league though.  He is a very good player with the chance to develop into an all-star.

There's only a market kels if you have no other choice and every team has the choice. You are only looking at this from the side of his value to the Bombers.

Maybe.  I would say you are under-valuing Muamba's worth to the rest of the league though.  He is a very good player with the chance to develop into an all-star.

A playoff team won't trade a player off their 42 at this point of the season, let alone their current starting QB.  If Muamba hits the market he'll have offers from 9 teams, but that doesn't really equate to trade value in Week 13.  At best we'd get a draft pick.  Look at the guys we just acquired...Parenteau, not playing, Foster, not playing.

Oh here we go with the lawless bashing. I guess his article wasn't as good as all of your articles in mainstream media. Oh right. I wish people would get a grip about lawless. Really shows a lot of insecurity and stupidity with all the attacks.

Clearly lawless out forth an argument meant to stir discussion. And I agree. I don't care of Henoc does want to come back if you can get a legit number one QB for him you do it. No one is safe when it comes to getting a QB.

Oh here we go with the lawless bashing. I guess his article wasn't as good as all of your articles in mainstream media. Oh right. I wish people would get a grip about lawless. Really shows a lot of insecurity and stupidity with all the attacks.

Clearly lawless out forth an argument meant to stir discussion. And I agree. I don't care of Henoc does want to come back if you can get a legit number one QB for him you do it. No one is safe when it comes to getting a QB.

Well...when you write a column that is akin to writing "Byfuglien doesn't want to be a Jet, Trade him for Crosby or Giroux," how much respect do you deserve.

Starting to wonder about Sask...

Rey Williams is gone for the season, Hurl and Newman injured, two losses in a row... one more and I say Taman gets an itchy trigger finger - he wants a cup this year

Willy and a pick for Muamba and a pick sounds a bit crazy but... wouldn't surprise me either.

Can you change your name to the contrary poster?

Starting to wonder about Sask...

Rey Williams is gone for the season, Hurl and Newman injured, two losses in a row... one more and I say Taman gets an itchy trigger finger - he wants a cup this year

Willy and a pick for Muamba and a pick sounds a bit crazy but... wouldn't surprise me either.

Drew Willy has looked good.  I would want more than just him for Muamba though. Not sure what else, but I don't feel Willy is proven yet and so would want to see something or someone else tacked on to the deal.

How do you know Henoc doesn't want to explore options of playing else ware? Even if he likes Winnipeg once you get to free agency anything can happen. Lawless is correct in his assertion that if trading Henoc gets us a legit QB than we should do it.

So basically, if Lawless wrote an article where the premise was "If Toronto would trade Ricky Ray for Pierre Luc Labbe, Winnipeg should do it" then you'd think it's a good article too?

He's right. If we could trade Muamba for a proven QB then we should. But we can't. That's the point. He put no thought into the article at all.