Calgary at BC - Preseason

Mr Dee

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Eye in the sky appears to be working the way it should be, overturning calls on the go.

You know, I wouldn’t mind them playing that song “Eye in the Sky” by the Alan Parsons Project, to let us know the review is on..🏈😉

Edited by Mr Dee

Alright tuning in to the BC Lions radio... they mentioned something I thought was interesting, that BC allegedly plans on only dressing 2 QBs (Reilly + backup). Thoughts on this? Is this a normal occurrence, or no? I know I've never heard of it, obviously they're all-in on Reilly, but it isn't that unheard of to have 2 QB injuries in the same game.

Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Alright tuning in to the BC Lions radio... they mentioned something I thought was interesting, that BC allegedly plans on only dressing 2 QBs (Reilly + backup). Thoughts on this? Is this a normal occurrence, or no? I know I've never heard of it, obviously they're all-in on Reilly, but it isn't that unheard of to have 2 QB injuries in the same game.

Thoughts?

Crazytown. Mostly because they don't plan to start much of an oline. Feels like a Wally move. 

6 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Thoughts?

I believe some NFL teams have done this in recent seasons, the Pats come to mind but can't confirm or verify with evidence just off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Can’t have two QBs on the field at one time.

This piqued my curiosity - couldn't they just list the backup at a different position, then have him on the field... for example list him as a RB, then just have him take direct snaps, similar to just calling a trick play (for example a fake punt)

I assume there's a rule that you have to have 1 QB or something on offense,

13 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

This piqued my curiosity - couldn't they just list the backup at a different position, then have him on the field... for example list him as a RB, then just have him take direct snaps, similar to just calling a trick play (for example a fake punt)

I assume there's a rule that you have to have 1 QB or something on offense,

QB’s are a separate roster designation.  If you list a QB as a RB that just means you have to bench you’re other RB, you don’t gain a roster spot.