Als v Argos

Mark F

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Wow - Bowman is just garbage...  that guy should have signed half his pay cheques over to Reilly

Pipkin has a nice arm - I wouldn't give up on him at all...

Except Reed gave up the farm to acquire him. So then, why take him out? Let the guy play & improve. Manziel is their future not Pipkin. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I am not watching,  why was Manziel pulled?

No obvious reason. Manziel and his LT Washington were fighting on the sidelines before the half but were all smiles and laughs minutes later. They were up by 19 points at half time, just the HC giving some reps to a recently extended backup in a nothing game I'd guess.

Manziel looks good, so does Pipkin, so they have good quarterbacking, stanback looks good, receivers are not very good, do not know about their O line, but the radio guys said they have two young Canadians that they think are good. One of tackles is a former all star I think.

Defence, no idea.  don't know really even the names of more than a couple of their players.

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Manziel looks good, so does Pipkin, so they have good quarterbacking, stanback looks good, receivers are not very good, do not know about their O line, but the radio guys said they have two young Canadians that they think are good. One of tackles is a former all star I think.

Defence, no idea.  don't know really even the names of more than a couple of their players.

Their Canadian content is weak - they have been starting 5 nationals on their OL - some of whom should not be starting.  When you look at the talented young Canadians on teams like Winnipeg or Calgary - that's a very poor sign. 

Some of their key players on D can't have much more than one season left in the tank. 

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Two words: Ricky Ray

That and - the Stamps had no business losing the GC to them last year.  

It wasn't even Ricky Ray...  Stamps arrogance handed that game to the Argos...

Popp and Trestman really should be fired - that team is already home for the holidays...

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Can someone explain to me how the Argos became so bad so fast? 

I know they won the Cup last year (in a lucky way you could argue), but the Argos were not a good team last year.

They got hot (in a poor eastern Division) near the end of the season. You could tell Ray was getting old and worn out, but they let him come back. 

39 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Reports are Trestman wants out as he isn't happy with the team & how it fell off a cliff this season in the standings. Don't know about Popp but I also read that Popp has been feuding with MLSE who are the owners of the team. That can't be good for his future employment opportunities with them. 

MLSE didn't limit their spending...  Popp signed some big names this off-season - they were all just used up vets though...