Argos @ Als

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Pretty small body of work to say he's as good as Reilly. I suggest we come back in 3 years & discuss. 

Well think about this, he's been making throws tonight even with Argos bearing down on him from that leakseive OL he has.  Not an easy task if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Beautiful throw there evading pressure and throwing Lewis open.

I mean there ya go.  If the rest of his guys would learn to catch like that he'd have way more than 16 points on the board.

I'm standing by my point that he has just as much of Reilly's capabilities.

He looks very good, no doubt. Amazing what a change of QB can do. Especially a young, strong one that can use his legs to score and evade pursuit with a strong arm to throw his receivers open. Wish we had one like that. 😉

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

He looks very good, no doubt. Amazing what a change of QB can do. Especially a young, strong one that can use his legs to score and evade pursuit with a strong arm to throw his receivers open. Wish we had one like that. 😉

I'll tell you one thing, Brandon Bridge and Jonathon Jennings had better pray he stays in MTL because if he doesn't, he'll end up on one of those two teams and one of those 2 guys will not see the field again.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hamilton might be in the mix now with Williams out with a suspected ruptured Achilles.  Don't know if they are but I wouldn't be surprised.  Losing Willimas is huge. 

You heard them say that on TSN last night. 

Or it was an interview with jones after the game..right ?..... I seen it in the tweet thing here this afternoon

Edited by NorthernSkunk

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Yeah I was about to cut Sherman a new one for playing not to lose and not allowing Pipkin to throw in the end zone.  I didn't really like the screen call either but had Muamba not been there it probably would have worked.

Insane to throw a pass behind the line of scrimmage when you're already in field goal range to tie.  Insane.

4 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Both QBs had about the same amount of passing yards, though I'm more impressed with Pipkin doing it with a whole team full of Stankfords.

Cunningham was good late. Some clutch grabs.

I didn't like the push-off call on Green followed by what could easily have been a PI call against Montreal. Toronto bench was livid. Montreal with lots of help to win this game.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Both teams played well. So, what do you do if you're Johnny Manziel & James Franklin? No way those 2 see the field unless there are injuries to Pipkin & Thompson. 

No way u can take Tony Pips out but Montreal will. Manziel will start when hes healthy. They gave up way 2 much to get him

18 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Interesting on both final drives we see how little faith each coach has in their QB.

Can't believe the screen call by Trestman.  Lost the Argos the game.

Very Lapo-ish.

25 minutes ago, J5V said:

Cunningham was good late. Some clutch grabs.

I didn't like the push-off call on Green followed by what could easily have been a PI call against Montreal. Toronto bench was livid. Montreal with lots of help to win this game.

Well, Jackson wasn't and it was cuz of him that Toronto had a shot at winning this.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's Kavis Reed's problem & not Sherman. I think Reed will be fired after the season is over.

Well, Sherman should still be gone too cuz he got lucky his silly play not to lose red zone trip didn't end up costing him the game.  Plus some of his poorly designed plays handcuff Pipkin 

But definitely if the Als get fixed it's going to start by getting a new GM.

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, Sherman should still be gone too cuz he got lucky his silly play not to lose red zone trip didn't end up costing him the game.  Plus some of his poorly designed plays handcuff Pipkin 

But definitely if the Als get fixed it's going to start by getting a new GM.

The Kavis Reed era will take years to fix just like the Joe Mack era here.

1) Two very good performances by rookie QBs. They made plays and kept each team close and in the game. They kept it exciting. Too bad one of them had to lose.

2) That late call for a screen pass? Yech. They really only needed to use Wilder in a run and even if he only gets his rushing average for the night 3.2 yards, they would have attempted the FG about 9 yards closer. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Kavis Reed era will take years to fix just like the Joe Mack era here.

Well, yeah likely but if the Als are smart they'll realize they got a QB they can build around if they're willing to invest in him.  I mean, why would you not?

I guarantee you Pipkin's body of work will not go unnoticed and if the Als don't retain him, he'll get snatched up instantly by BC or SSK and someone will lose their starting QB job there to him.

I'd say even though there may be a few years needed to restock the OL and WRs in MTL, the coaching job might get attractive if you know you get to work with Pipkin, if Reed is gone, and if Andrew Wettenhall stops being an a**hole and gets some sense in his small brain.