Day Before Game Thread with Depth Chart

Noeller

42 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No Bond but at least both Nevis and Poop are in the game!

About what i had hoped for. Short of a miracle come back to health by bond, or darvin adams. Foketi in place of neuf and both jfg/coates starting wouldnt have been bad. But G isnt too bad to try and cover up 1 guy on the line. The moes DL is healthy, but at what % will they play? 1 week off is tough, these guys missed a TON of football this year.

3  keys to victory for me

1 Great tackling. Often when we give up big, back breaking plays we had a chance to make the tackle and missed. When we tackle well, our D plays well. Some big plays happen, great athletes and players will do that. But if we can wrap em up, gang tackle and not settle for arm tackles and sell out for hits itll be a good day for bomber fans.

2  limit 2 and outs. We need to pound the rock an establish physicality in the game. Let the banged up OL go out and mash. Take pressure off a less then 100% nichols. Put the rusty edm D on their heels. 

3 Play 4 quarters on O, teams, and D. Weve seen too often where the D doesnt find its groove till half way through the first or later. If they start fired up and keep the pedal to the floor we will be in great shape. 

I think this D is ready. I think they will play as well as last week. I suspect that they feel they are better than their record, better than all the critics say, and are going to prove the critics wrong.

Our D line, right now, is better than their O line. Must contain their Q.B.  

Edited by Mark F
added a few words of clarification.

16 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I think this D is ready. I think they will play as well as last week. I suspect that they feel they are better than their record, better than all the critics say, and are going to prove the critics wrong.

Our D line, right now, is better than their O line. Must contain crush their Q.B.  

With the Bombers' vulnerability to runs up the middle, I would usually be worried, but the Eskimo O-line is average on a good day,  and their run game is very suspect. With Hurl in the middle, that means the 5-10 yard passes over the middle are probable  targets. Loffler will have to cheat up and that could  the home run passes down the middle will be open. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Esks OL looks like crap... but their D looks fkn scary 

battle of the overthinkers... lapo v benevides 

26 man games missed this year on that DL. Chick willis and hunt combine for 12 sacks.  and 15 up the middle.  We have a combined 15 off the edge, not including westerman (7).  Our edge rushers are deeper, younger and better imo.  We combine for 10 sacks up the middle. No doubt the moes have the sack advantage, but at the same time no DT in the league has more pressures then poop.  No doubt in my mind the 2 best Dls in the league going at it. To a close 3rd.  Over all, Id take our D too.  randle, heath, loffler, JSK we dont play a flattering system but the talent is strong. 

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Any chance that Lankford still sits? No backup import DB?

I suspect they'll dress Lankford just in case Flanders goes down and they might insert him for certain plays.  Fogg is going to have a busy day chasing Zylstra, no way he is adding kick off returns to his burden as the chart indicates.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel excited that Lankford is in the lineup. What is going on with me?

I'm not sure if Lankford dresses... the DIs will be Medlock, Wild, Flanders  (if he's healthy) then the 4th will be either Knox or Lankford... the fact that Fogg is listed as the KR and PR leads me to believe no Lankford....

I would rather see Knox sit and have an additional weapon available for offense and teams... Briggs and Miles bring just as much as Knox on D... but we all know O'Shea loves linebackers!

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I suspect they'll dress Lankford just in case Flanders goes down and they might insert him for certain plays.  Fogg is going to have a busy day chasing Zylstra, no way he is adding kick off returns to his burden as the chart indicates.

BIG height difference there. Fogg is going have to play exceptionally well.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Thats a good bet. We like to gamble with depth at WR/db./rb, 

If fogg is chasing zylstra its gonna be a bad day. Our defense is all about giving up the under, and being in position to come up and play on the ball/tackle. If fogg sags on him he has all the quicks in the world to eliminate that height advantage and snag the ball away. And the hands too. Hes a guy with all the talent, he just needs to figure out how to put it together. Teams and wrs have adjusted  to him and he has to figure it out. If he does he will have a long successful career.