Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

35 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Probably a combo of an easy early schedule and teams taking them lightly - now they have hot goalies and confidence...

And aren't they basically playing a modern NHL trap?  Teams like that usually don't fall back down to earth

The question is, can they keep up the heavy pressure, modern trap game? It's one of those things that works for a while, then starts to fall apart. But, that usually doesn't happen until the new season.

Hope they can keep it up. Jets-Knights Western Conference Final would be fun.

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

The question is, can they keep up the heavy pressure, modern trap game? It's one of those things that works for a while, then starts to fall apart. But, that usually doesn't happen until the new season.

WestJet better add some extra flights if that happens.

23 hours ago, JCon said:

Isn't the biggest reason a favorable expansion draft process compared to how it was done with previous expansion teams? I remember glossing over that when Las Vegas was about to draft their players but can't remember the particulars and whether they had the advantage not previously enjoyed by other expansion teams.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Isn't the biggest reason a favorable expansion draft process compared to how it was done with previous expansion teams? I remember glossing over that when Las Vegas was about to draft their players but can't remember the particulars and whether they had the advantage not previously enjoyed by other expansion teams.

Much better players available yes. And a system that favoured them because in the cap era, Vegas was willing to take some good players that were high cap hits.  But good for their management.  Getting Fleury was great and then being gifted Subban didnt hurt either.  Its good for the league. 

And if Winnipeg played Vegas in the playoffs, you can bet there will be some Jets fans trying to get a package down for the two (or so) games.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Much better players available yes. And a system that favoured them because in the cap era, Vegas was willing to take some good players that were high cap hits.  But good for their management.  Getting Fleury was great and then being gifted Subban didnt hurt either.  Its good for the league. 

And if Winnipeg played Vegas in the playoffs, you can bet there will be some Jets fans trying to get a package down for the two (or so) games.

The whole series would be a Jets ‘whiteout’

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Oilers wouldnt give up a 2nd. 

ya and I don't know if Hutch is worth us dumping for a 4th.  I like knowing we have an essential NHL ready goalie waiting in the wings if  something bad happened to our netminders. *knocks on wood*

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

ya and I don't know if Hutch is worth us dumping for a 4th.  I like knowing we have an essential NHL ready goalie waiting in the wings if  something bad happened to our netminders. *knocks on wood*

I agree with having him as insurance (depth) is nice. However, that's why I think trading Hutch now may wield a bit more in return from desperate teams than what he really should wield in return, i.e., 3rd 4th rounder. I think his stock will be as high as it will ever be right now so take advantage of it. On the other hand, maybe Chevy already has sent out feelers for Hutch and there has been no takers or anything reasonable offered back. Dunno.