Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

On 12/16/2017 at 3:24 PM, Goalie said:

And also the arena is in Selkirk. 

Its not but its not downtown... Its 20 25 minute drive to no mans land... I insulted Selkirk cuz its actually a nice lil town... Kanata where the Sens play has NOTHING. Its an awful location and their arena is 2 big. Make it 16 to 17000 and its full every night. 

The distance isn't that bad ,  it's a 15 minute drive from downtown (I know because I did the drive a few times)  ,   it's the lack of anyone being a dedicated fan.   Everybody is a Leafs fan on the Ottawa side and a Habs fan on the Gatineau side.    

On 17/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, Brandon said:

The distance isn't that bad ,  it's a 15 minute drive from downtown (I know because I did the drive a few times)  ,   it's the lack of anyone being a dedicated fan.   Everybody is a Leafs fan on the Ottawa side and a Habs fan on the Gatineau side.    

In reality its 3 bus rides for most people. It is that bad. 

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎17 at 11:51 PM, Brandon said:

The Senators still average over 16,400 per game, so that's a ridiculous comment. 93% capacity at Scotiabank Centre this season, which is basically the same percentage the Canucks are managing. Both cities clearly have dedicated NHL fans, though.

To celebrate NHL100, Sportsnet takes a closer at the Hurricanes and their influence on the league's history: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/four-times-hurricanes-got-way-nhl-history

Enjoy!

10 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Senators still average over 16,400 per game, so that's a ridiculous comment. 93% capacity at Scotiabank Centre this season, which is basically the same percentage the Canucks are managing. Both cities clearly have dedicated NHL fans, though.

To celebrate NHL100, Sportsnet takes a closer at the Hurricanes and their influence on the league's history: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/four-times-hurricanes-got-way-nhl-history

Enjoy!

Think portage and main to that inn in headingley. Roughly 30 km. Its a ways to go... Especially on weekdays.