CFL to make announcement in Winnipeg

Goalie

Yeah, I would think this is CFL week.  I actually was out that way and managed to take some in earlier this year and it was a great experience that the CFL can really grow.  Family orientated and very interactive.  This will be the 2 bread and butter markets (Winnipeg and Saskatchewan) of the CFL so far.  I think that once this is branded and successful for a few years that it becomes a massive tool for places like Toronto.  

3 minutes ago, HarryCarayGary said:

Yeah, I would think this is CFL week.  I actually was out that way and managed to take some in earlier this year and it was a great experience that the CFL can really grow.  Family orientated and very interactive.  This will be the 2 bread and butter markets (Winnipeg and Saskatchewan) of the CFL so far.  I think that once this is branded and successful for a few years that it becomes a massive tool for places like Toronto.  

It would be nice if something like this could make Toronto care.  Too many massive tools there for that to happen any time soon.

11 minutes ago, mbrg said:

It would be nice if something like this could make Toronto care.  Too many massive tools there for that to happen any time soon.

I think right now it would be largely shrugged off, but in time I don't think it would be.  The thing is that this doesn't have to be some massive draw, and it is likely better when it is not in all honesty.  Getting into some of the combines and such is pretty limited seating, which is smart as it does not take much to hit capacity then, and also creates a pretty big demand.  The fact that it is, as of now, all free is huge.  Build this up for a few years in the strong markets, and then start cycling strong market/weaker market.  If you are getting the 600-1200 people at this event it is a win, and no market should have an issue doing that in time.

8 hours ago, MC said:

I would think the logical first stops in the East would be Ottawa and Hamilton, where the CFL matters.

I'd debate whether people care about the CFL in Hamilton. Especially with the mess the team is in this year. I remember 30 years of 14-16,000 size crowds before THF was built. Even with good teams. 

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes you stole my line.  Lots of massive tools in TO.

Are you saying I shouldn't have too much trouble getting tickets to the game on week 18? Kewl! Any other Bomber fans going to that game in Toronto?