3 stars plus HH montreal miracle

wbbfan

1.  Nichols  - took some thumps, missed some passes, got some boos.....kept on trucking, engineered epic comeback.
2.  Harris - not big numbers, but the poster boy for intensity and sheer effort, on this team
3.  Jeffcoat - pick,  2 sacks, and consistent edge pressure, all night.  Keeper.

HM:

Westerman - looks like he is starting to heat up.....
Jake Thomas - he comes in, and just keeps making the plays - good pressure tonight.
Langford - filled in admirably for Dressler, showing good hands and big catches
Medlock - 2 for 4 is a disaster by his standards.....but the short kick and better punting
T.J. Thorpe - some obvious physical talents....that are starting to translate, on the field

I cannot dispute anybody's choice mentioned in this thread, that's for sure, but I'll give it to the D for a specific series that definitely aided in the win.

And that was when the Alouettes, in a great football play, moved the ball on that catch and fumble, where they moved the ball all the way to the 1 yard line. But the Bombers held fast on 2 enormous stops, and forced the Alouettes to kick a FG. 4 points saved right there, where it would have been easy enough to let them score a TD.

NO QUIT!

this whole "icing the kicker" thing is a level of insanity that's high even for this board. Someone came on the OB post-game show talking about that, and I thought they were drunk. Irving had no clue what they were even talking about. Completely ridiculous to even THINK that.....

Just now, Booch said:

Pro kickers don't get iced...if they are gamer's and good and their craft they could care less...thats a myth

When a pro kicker (maybe the non gamer) has been struggling prior to that specific kick or or maybe has been struggling the past few games, I like call of a timeout. Gives the opposing players time to get into his head. Whatever little advantage you can get, I'll take. 

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this whole "icing the kicker" thing is a level of insanity that's high even for this board. Someone came on the OB post-game show talking about that, and I thought they were drunk. Irving had no clue what they were even talking about. Completely ridiculous to even THINK that.....

I turned CJOB off right after that. I miss when they use to do upwards of an hour and a half of post game interviews. Now it's three super quick interviews, and taking calls from our largely idiot fan base.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I turned CJOB off right after that. I miss when they use to do upwards of an hour and a half of post game interviews. Now it's three super quick interviews, and taking calls from our largely idiot fan base.

Yep...1290itis.

Best thing Mike Kelly ever did was stop taking phone calls and let Bob Irving screen the questions.  Show was actually listenable.

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think Bob was confused because he didn't see (or remember) Medlock kicking the ball a millisecond after the challenge flag was thrown out, he only talked about the kick after the challenge failed. 

The 1st kick did go through but I don't think for a second Medlock was "iced".  It's not like it's the only kick he's missed lately so I just chalk it up to s**t happens and he'll bounce back.

Just now, bigg jay said:

I think Bob was confused because he didn't see (or remember) Medlock kicking the ball a millisecond after the challenge flag was thrown out, he only talked about the kick after the challenge failed. 

The 1st kick did go through but I don't think for a second Medlock was "iced".  It's not like it's the only kick he's missed lately so I just chalk it up to s**t happens and he'll bounce back.

I never saw Medlock kick the ball there...didn't realize he'd even lined up...

Yep, it was a pretty late flag & Medlock was pretty well into his routine already.  I think someone eventually clued Bob in about it because when another caller brought it up later, Bob called it a practice shot and said it had nothing to do with icing him.

not sure if anyone caught the little old lady who phoned....was maybe the 3rd or 4th caller.........oiiiiii veyyyyyyyyy...........I sometimes host a type of call in show on my station, and she could be any one of my listeners on any given day. It was PAINFUL for me to listen to Irving deal with her, and he was FAR more patient and polite than I could ever be....

13 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

HH to the idiot that pulled the fire alarm at IGF post-game, made for the funniest post-game interview with Matt Nichols ever.

thats what it was! lol.  couldn't figure it out.  me and my buddies were like "well, thats bloody annoying, is he in a car with the door open or something.."\

1st JJ.  best game so far of his short career in the CFL, only going to get better.

2nd, Harris.  was not going to be denied and ran as hard as he always does.  great game receiving as well

3rd, Nichols. for shaking off the bad and making amends in the last 4 minutes

HM: Medlock, same reason and hitting that ridiculously perfect onside kick and Thomas who has evolved again to a very VERY good rotational lineman or possibly a starter if his motor can keep it up for so many plays..

6 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

2nd all of the above. 

Edited by wbbfan