Receivers

Going into this season I personally questioned whether the receivers Bombers have are good enough to stretch a defense when the game is on the line.

The performance last night of both Adams and Dressler has changed my mind on that. I'm starting to think it's the system they are running that is responsible for the lack of big plays consistently. When they fall behind and Lapo opened it up the receiving Corp did what it waz supposed to do.

I find it frustrating that they do not play wide open like that all the time. Particularly when they are playing a defense that shows no signs of being able to stop the big plays.

Would really like to see  them play wide open throttle all game against Calgary...

3 hours ago, TheSource said:

Going into this season I personally questioned whether the receivers Bombers have are good enough to stretch a defense when the game is on the line.

The performance last night of both Adams and Dressler has changed my mind on that. I'm starting to think it's the system they are running that is responsible for the lack of big plays consistently. When they fall behind and Lapo opened it up the receiving Corp did what it waz supposed to do.

I find it frustrating that they do not play wide open like that all the time. Particularly when they are playing a defense that shows no signs of being able to stop the big plays.

Would really like to see  them play wide open throttle all game against Calgary...

Denmark is still a darn good  wr as well. His catch was pretty tough as well. Jfg bobbled one in blanket tight coverage but aside from that our wrs hands were really good, and they made a bunch of plays when given the chance. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

It was game 1. They needed time to shake off some rust.. Nichols included... Once they did... They scored points on 6 straight possessions. They will be fine. 

the return to lull after that is a concern though as well. Late game heroics is usually the strength of our offense. We had a bunch of chances with field position to seal the game and failed to do so. But it is the first game, and coming off a buy. We likely are not as good as the 6 straight scores, nor as bad as the i dont even want to know how many 2 and outs last night. Consistent offensive out put that grinds yardage and top would be nice. But if we score 3 or more tds a game that makes up for a lot. 

When we're 2nd and long, if we do go 2 and out, I'd prefer to see us not convert on a play that would have been a first down, instead of punting on 3rd and medium after a 4 yard pass. I wish someone kept a stat on completed 2nd down passes that don't result in 1st down. I suspect we lead the league.