Bombers acquire Mark Parenteau

This is a good move. Woodson wasn't doing much and I assume anything he was doing can be done by Foster now, we get a better pick than we give and an olineman who at worst is a good depth guy just because of the multiple positions he can play. What's not to like?

Parenteau is too old and his veteran experience is meaningless - Joe Mack.

This is a good move. Woodson wasn't doing much and I assume anything he was doing can be done by Foster now, we get a better pick than we give and an olineman who at worst is a good depth guy just because of the multiple positions he can play. What's not to like?

Parenteau is too old and his veteran experience is meaningless - Joe Mack.

LOL!!! ;) Wait, why  am I laughing???? Oh crap.... :(

Parenteau is a plug.  If he's still on our roster next season, that would be a concern.

Not sure if that would be a concern for me as long as we are addressing the need by way of the draft, free agency or what have you.  Rome wasn't built in a day, our o-line won't be revamped in an off-season.  

Look at it this way.  If Parenteau is still on our roster (top 6) next season, that basically means none of our OL prospects panned out.

Parenteau is a plug.  If he's still on our roster next season, that would be a concern.

Not sure if that would be a concern for me as long as we are addressing the need by way of the draft, free agency or what have you.  Rome wasn't built in a day, our o-line won't be revamped in an off-season.  

Look at it this way.  If Parenteau is still on our roster (top 6) next season, that basically means none of our OL prospects panned out.

Why couldn't Greaves, Swiston, & Pencer all be on the roster at the same time as Parenteau?

This must be that new math that my nephew was talking about that they are teaching in school, because I don't get it.

Why couldn't Greaves, Swiston, & Pencer all be on the roster at the same time as Parenteau?

We need a starting guard, a RT, and an upgrade at C (likely difficult with Ottawa).  Parenteau is a very shaky centre in terms of snapping, Swiston and Pencer should fill the starting RT or G position and 6th OL depending on how we deploy our ratio.  That leaves a possible starting guard spot that we'll have to address through trade or free agency if we go with 4 NI's.  My assumption is that we'll go with 3 NI's and 2 IMPs with the talent spreading out 9 ways.  If Parenteau is starting for us in 2014, we're in trouble, he's a below average player, although many of those will exist on rosters next season with Ottawa coming in, I believe the addition of Parenteau was made to finish this season not for next season.

Is this the trade Burke alluded to last week?

Seems to be more wheeling and dealing in the last three weeks than I remember in a long time.

I can't think of any trades Mack ever did mid season....

I might have the blinders on here, but I seriously can't remember ANY trade that Mack did....

Jyles to Toronto, trading picks to move up in the draft 2 years ago, there were some others that I can't quite recall right now. Trades aren't commonplace in the CFL though so not sure that means a hell of a lot. 

Is there the potential now to start three Canadian receivers or is that asking too much.  And if you can add a non-import starter on the O line and at receive, what does that do for us?

So who do you sit then?  Denmark?  Edwards?  Sims-Walker?  Aaron Kelly?  I vote none of the above. Instead lets start an import at Safety.

Denmark had a good game, but I would still sit him or Sims-Walker to play Etienne, Kohlert and Watson together.

woodson never really got into a groove here... every offense we ran didnt seem to suit his skill set. trading him and landing any oliner PLUS moving up in the draft is pretty impressive in my books.. parenteau is solid.. not all world but flexible enough to play all interior spots and be a starter..

cant see how anyone finds fault in this... especially those who believe our oline is so pathetic as is..

I might have the blinders on here, but I seriously can't remember ANY trade that Mack did....

Jyles to Toronto, trading picks to move up in the draft 2 years ago, there were some others that I can't quite recall right now. Trades aren't commonplace in the CFL though so not sure that means a hell of a lot. 

IIRC he traded picks in every draft to get more picks, didn't he? There was also the trade with Edmonton where we got two late round draft picks for Taylor Inglis (one of the picks turned out to be Carl Volny). There was the Odell Willis trade with Saskatchewan.

Also, Burke said that Woodson is a free agent and he told him that they would be pursuing him again.

Couldn't believe he said that on the radio, and right after he said he doesn't want to get fined for talking about refs.  Heard of tampering?

Yes, that crossed my mind. I have to believe this was somewhere in their talks, either when they were trying to get him to re-sign or at a point at the actual trade but just before the confirmation/finalization. At this point it's only tempering.

Phew, i knew we were in the clear.