Bombers acquire Mark Parenteau

This off-season, we brought in Dewit - a centre - and now Parenteau...  I'd say Sorenson's days as our C are thankfully numbered.

I don't know why.

It's weird to me how everyone bases their impression of the offensive linemen in this league off reputation alone.

Guys like Tim O'Neill, Jeff Keeping, Chris Van Zeyl, Justin Sorensen and Marc Parenteau have really stepped their game up and developed themselves into very serviceable players despite a lackluster start to their careers. On the flip side, guys like Dmitri Tsoumpas, Andrew Woodruff and Josh Bourke have seen a pretty decent drop off in play yet they're still treated like gold in the eyes of most fans.

I guess we will just agree to disagree about Sorenson - I don't see his 'stepped up' play, I see a guy who is not reading defences and who cheats on running plays...  maybe he is better but better and still slow just translates to slow.  Not sure I see ONeill's major improvement either... he's still a 6th OL...  he's always been 'decent'.

Keeping, VanZeyl and Parenteau all seem to be benefiting from Toronto's system...  then again, they could all just 'appear' better because of Ray, Kackert and Owens...

Either way, I think our OL would improve fairly quickly with an experienced CFL centre - January-Greaves-Parenteau-Pencer-New Import or Swiston would suit me fine.  Next guy I would look at is Greaves to be honest.

DelMonaco loves Sorensen.  That's why I think they might move him out to the right side, either as a guard or tackle, to stabilize things over there.

Just doesn't make sense.  You can't drop a guy in to play centre who hasn't been here all season.  Sorensen was bad enough at tackle and guard that BC cut him when they were literally running out of NI's, Wally commented that he can't move his feet well enough to play in the league.  Parenteau is brutal at snapping the ball, last thing you need a shaky QB worrying about, and it's not just snapping it on the turf or over his head, putting it too low or too high but into his body throws everything off too.  We'd immediately be weaker at two positions. 

Goltz got one of his touchdown's on a bad snap... maybe this is the key!

Anyway, we've already dumped in totally raw Centres - first Kowalczuk and then Sorenson... at least, Parenteau has played Centre before - I don't think its beyond the realm of comprehension.