Bombers acquire Mark Parenteau

This should get Pencer onto the 42 man roster too.

I'd bet our OL will now be

January--Greaves--Sorenson--Parenteau--Swiston

Pencer

Assuming this is true, do you then keep Cauchy at safety, or throw an import there since you now have the flexibility to do so?

If we can get an import playing safety without negatively affecting the O-line, that's a no-brainer IMO. Safety is currently a weak spot.

I'm not sure our O-line improves, but it may not be any worse.

My take:

Schematically we don't take advantage of Woodson's skills and, as a runner, have no use for him on our roster.  The way we are currently built doesn't lend itself well to having Canadian running backs buried on the depth chart.  We pick up a 3rd round pick and an non-import offensive lineman that's an instant upgrade over what we have at RG right now.  Parenteau isn't going to dominate anyone but it's a solid enough move and we're getting value in the form of immediately useable parts and bump up the draft board this year.

This should get Pencer onto the 42 man roster too.

I'd bet our OL will now be

January--Greaves--Sorenson--Parenteau--Swiston

Pencer

Assuming this is true, do you then keep Cauchy at safety, or throw an import there since you now have the flexibility to do so?

Tempting...tempting.

I like that Parenteau has won a Grey Cup.  About time we started acquiring guys who have been on a winning team and can bring that experience to the locker room, of actually winning.  How many other GC winners do we have currently on the roster?  With Buck gone I can't think of too many, other than Foster, the guy we got in exchange for him, and DeAngelis (I think he won in 2008?).

I like that Parenteau has won a Grey Cup.  About time we started acquiring guys who have been on a winning team and can bring that experience to the locker room, of actually winning.  How many other GC winners do we have currently on the roster?  With Buck gone I can't think of too many, other than Foster, the guy we got in exchange for him, and DeAngelis (I think he won in 2008?).

Cauchy...

The best case scenario is Parenteau comes in here & starts. The worst case scenario is he is a depth player on the OL & probably better than most guys there now. Getting something for Woodson is a good move as he wasn't playing here anyway.

Yeah I liked Volny more than Woodson, just because of Volny's good game last year against Montreal, and because Woodson seemed to get hurt more than he played.  Anyway, I have a feeling that Mr. Walters has another surprise for us yet in the making.  Any other O-Linemen out there (NI) sitting on 9 game injured lists but not injured?  Scott Mitchell in Edmonton?

Cauchy...

Right!

Is there the potential now to start three Canadian receivers or is that asking too much.  And if you can add a non-import starter on the O line and at receive, what does that do for us?

So who do you sit then?  Denmark?  Edwards?  Sims-Walker?  Aaron Kelly?  I vote none of the above. Instead lets start an import at Safety.

Is there the potential now to start three Canadian receivers or is that asking too much.  And if you can add a non-import starter on the O line and at receive, what does that do for us?

So who do you sit then?  Denmark?  Edwards?  Sims-Walker?  Aaron Kelly?  I vote none of the above. Instead lets start an import at Safety.

Keep in mind the club will also have a decision to make when Chris Matthews is healthy again.

Parenteau is a plug.  If he's still on our roster next season, that would be a concern.

Woodson is kind of in that not good enough to be a running back at this level and not good enough to play receiver area.  He's done well on special teams, but Volny is a pretty good player, a guy who can carry the ball and block, and we have enough receivers.  Flipping Woodson and a 5th for a 3rd would have been a fine trade, getting Parenteau to finish the season is a bonus.