BC - TO / MONTREAL @ EDMONTON

Mr Dee

 2014-2016 - zero home wins: There is likely no more unusual CFL matchup over the last three years than the Argos and Lions. NO home team has won a game in this head-to-head series across 2014 to 2016 and all three series have been split in this way over the last three years.

The Argonauts dressed 22 players last week who were playing their first game for Double Blue - exactly half of the game roster. Of those, 10 were making their overall CFL debut.

The Lions made just one sack in Week #1 along with only two QB Pressures. Their opponent pressured Jonathon Jennings consistently recording a CFL-best 5 Sacks and 9 QB Pressures - a total of 14 against BC QBs.

The Argos led the CFL in Week #1 holding the opposition to league-wide lows in yards gained (221), points (15), offensive points (9), first downs (12), yards rushing (16) and 2nd down conversions (24%).

Lirim Hajrullahu: Led all CFL scorers last week with 18 points and attempted a career-high 8 field goal attempts. He did miss three however on the way to 5 FGs made, one short of his career of 6 set vs BC on Jul 7/16.

CFL.ca

Passing by range week 1

The most effective range was throwing downfield beyond 15 yards with a 114.2 mark on 23% of the total number of throws. The completions rate dropped to just 41.7% when throwing downfield 15+ yards but ... the payoff was enormous with 6 TDs and a pass efficiency rating of 114.2.

Performer of the Week: Ricky Ray

Ray's 12 attempts with the receiver deeper than 15 yards downfield gained 27.3 yards per attempt on 75% accuracy; that compares to 28-of-53 by all other CFL QBs last week in that range, with just a 53% completion rate and 12.6 yards per attempt.

Interceptions: There were only three INTs in Week #1 for a % rate of less than 1% (0.96). That compares to the interception rate of 2.3% last year - by far the lowest in CFL history.

First 3 games of 2017 - 4 point spread: The first three games of the season were decided (or not) by margins of 1, 0 and 3 points. That was the lowest cumulative margin in the first three games of any CFL season in our history.

Edited by Mr Dee

need to do a two for one deal on tickets in TO.

(the world class city. :rolleyes:)

get some freaking butts in the stands somehow or other. get some local bands... pregame, half time, and...whatever else.

looks like an arena football league crowd. except the fans appear to have teeth.

anyone else having beans for dinner? with or without wine?

Q. which player would you rather see on bombers, coombs, or Demski?

they might want to try a running play now and again.

complete lack of surprise here, every play is a pass.

Edited by Mark F

R. Ray whipping J. Jennings 61.1% to 60%

BC rushing 7 times Toronto 4 

BC 232 Tor. 142 total offence

3 BC penalties to 4 TO.

3 BC sacks 4 for Toronto.

Where are all the big plays? Too much pressure on the QBs? 

Even  if Ricky Ray & Co. are not burning the house down, under Trestman's helmsmanship they look so much better than last year. And they are beating the vaunted Lions at the moment. Quite a turnaround. Are you listening, Mr. Jones?

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

Even  if Ricky Ray & Co. are not burning the house down, under Trestman's helmsmanship they look so much better than last year. And they are beating the vaunted Lions at the moment. Quite a turnaround. Are you listening, Mr. Jones?

Actually down 10-6 and looking like they might struggle to put together a half dozen first downs in the rest of this game.

One thing that really bothers me watching these games is how many "big" penalties there are, as in how many are affecting major plays. Touchdowns are scored and now they don't even really register for me as a yay/nay until I've confirmed there isn't going to be a really late flag or some ridiculous PI 40 yards away on the other side of the field.

Didn't read any of the comments yet because I need to post something that really grinds my gears.

TSN didn't show ONE Montreal offensive highlight. Not one play. I understand there wasn't much but they still had 19 points.

****** pissed me off. I duno why

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Didn't read any of the comments yet because I need to post something that really grinds my gears.

TSN didn't show ONE Montreal offensive highlight. Not one play. I understand there wasn't much but they still had 19 points.

****** pissed me off. I duno why

seems like they were doing that to the bombers during preseason,  we didn't get to watch the games,  but when they show highlights it was like 99% all plays by the other team(s). That pissed me off at the time as well.

Anyone see the attendance for Toronto tonight?

reading up it looks like it was quite bad... again. Man I don't know if there's much you can do to get butts in the seats. It's a culture problem and that takes years to fix and still sometimes doesn't work.

doesnt look good for the team or the league... bmo was supposed to change this