2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

The blogger Tessier reports these as rumours/speculation making the rounds.  Weird:

The other rumour that was bantered around on social media was the Jets being interested in Vanek and Hanzal. Like many scenarios at this time of year this one seems a bit goofy to say the least. Vanek is coming off a 6.5 million deal and 48 points at age 33, is he willing to sign in Winnipeg at a huge payout and to play 3rd line minutes with hopes of more? Would he be used at 2nd line RW and moving Ehlers back to LW and dropping Perreault?

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lame article.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Maybe if his contract was not 5m/y people might like him more.

Maybe... He's a small defender and lacks a physical presence, so some choose to focus on that and criticize him solely on that basis. However, the analytics show Enstrom is pretty solid defensively and an asset to the team's blue line, particularly because of his LH shot. His absence when he's been injured has shown to only hinder the team.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Yep not criticizing the post, sorry if it sounded that way.

It didn't come across that way at all. Condon re-signing with the Senators was a given.

Edited by blue_gold_84

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Him and Buff might be a good pairing tho. Its interesting. Morrissey Alzner Enstrom aint too shabby. 

Oh I hear ya, heck I'm still of the belief anything is better than what we currently have on D after the top 5. 

Alzner's a vet who's played on a winner, a ton of playoff games. <<< is missing big time from our current roster.  He last missed a regular season game in 2009/10!  He's due for a raise I'm sure, but given he was only making $2.8 - I can't see him fetching that much.  $3.5M get it done? Maybe $4M?

It's the term that would scare me. He'll be 29 by the time the season starts, so any deal he signs is mostly buying him in his 30's. 

39 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Not to call you out or anything but haven't you been extremely critical of Alzner on here for the better part of the last 6 months?

For sure. But... He is the biggest name LHD on the market. Do i hope they sign him? Probably not. Would i be upset if they did? No. Do i think we will? No.. Someone will overpay. Montréal most likely. 

Hes an upgrade on chiarot. So is Kulikov tho. Not sure who id rather have. Have to admit that id like to see him signed only because.. There goes the idea of ppl not wanting to come here. 

Gotta keep in mind they had discussions with Parise and Suter years back also. 

I guess he'd be ok at under 5 million per. 4.5 4.75? Do it. Over 5. Back away. 

Our LHD depth isnt exactly stellar either. Niku might be the guy with the most potential on the left side now.. At least signed to the Pros currently. 

Edited by Goalie