2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Sounds like Methot to Dallas. Good add for a team that cant keep the puck out of their net. 

For a 2nd in 2020 and a goalie just drafted. 

GMGM getting no value for these guys. Why take him if thats all you could get 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

For a 2nd in 2020 and a goalie just drafted. 

GMGM getting no value for these guys. Why take him if thats all you could get 

Not that bad really.  Their cupboard is bare for goalies and if they are building for the future they can't do it just with 2017-18 picks.  They are going to spend the next 5 years loading up with top prospects.  It's a long term view but they weren't going to win the Cup in year one so why not get future value for these guys.

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Not that bad really.  Their cupboard is bare for goalies and if they are building for the future they can't do it just with 2017-18 picks.  They are going to spend the next 5 years loading up with top prospects.  It's a long term view but they weren't going to win the Cup in year one so why not get future value for these guys.

They picked 2 goalies in the draft and passed on ferguson twice. Its odd. I get why they are doing this... They are gonna tank and suck... I would also. 

I guess teams know he has to move a couple of D and are pretty much low balling. 

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Saw something that said Ottawa tried desperately to trade to get him back but they'd have to pay way more than Dallas.  If so, why didnt Vegas take what Ottawa was offering if it was more. 

Not sure.  Doesn't really make sense so I'd have doubts about the veracity of that claim.

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jets send out qualifying offers to Helle Tanev Copp and Lipon 

Kosmachuk Howden and Olsen do not get one and become UFA. 

Nail Yakupov didnt get a QO from the Blues meaning hes UFA also (no interest in him at all) 

Nail Yakupov - next KHL All-Star.  Probably join Burmi on the Allau Akbars.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

It’s believed at least two Canadian teams — Ottawa and Winnipeg — are looking at Dmitry Kulikov as a left-handed option. He played for Guy Boucher in junior, and there’s no way last year is a true indication of his play.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-trade-value-first-round-pick/sn-amp/

On one hand, I agree that he probably looked worse last year than he actually is.  On the other hand, he has been on a downward trend since his first few years in the league and at 26 years old I think we know what he has to offer.

He's not particularly physical and offensively he is limited.  A 20-point guy.  I guess it would depend on the price.

I don't believe he is a top-four defenceman on the Jets or any successful team.  Therefore the absolute max I would pay is $2.5M (he made 4.5 last year :wacko: ).  In which case we end up with Morrissey-Enstrom-Kulikov-Chiarot on the left side and we would have to buy out Stuart or something.

I suspect the Jets see Morrissey and Toby as their top 2 LHD.  And they've got Chiarot there.  I dont have an issue with Kulikov as I dont know much about him.  But as a veteran who has played well in the past serving the role of bottom pairing and someone to potentially count on when/if injuries arise it might be ok for the right price.

I'd rather have a bigger deal in that role.  But I dont think the Jets will over-pay for it.  I think they like their D Corp when its healthy.

On the flip side Chevy flat out said he had deals he was working on that didnt happen due to "contractual" things on the other end, likely meaning NTC/NMC.  So you gotta do what you gotta do.

Which is why I think they will do everything possible to get Trouba under contract for at least 6 years, if not 8.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Morrissey Enstrom Kulikov would be a nice group. 

Kulikov is better than Chiarot. 

Totally agree but is that the question?  For me, if Kulikov is going to be our #3 LHD it has to be the right price.  If he's coming in here for anything more than 2.5M that's a pretty spicy deal for a 3rd pairing guy.

And what's to become of Mark Stuart?  Gotta do something about that albatross.

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Totally agree but is that the question?  For me, if Kulikov is going to be our #3 LHD it has to be the right price.  If he's coming in here for anything more than 2.5M that's a pretty spicy deal for a 3rd pairing guy.

And what's to become of Mark Stuart?  Gotta do something about that albatross.

Moose bound. 

The problem still remains - if you sign Kulikov - that Enstrom and Buff have zero chemistry... never have.

Kulikov and Buff would be a scary pairing - for both teams...  they'll score but we'll have 3-4 breakaways against each game