2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

On 2017-06-23 at 9:33 PM, Atomic said:

Ya he was 16-17.  Are you serious right now?  Ehlers struggled against men when he was 16 too.  Think man.

good call.. a boy amongst men and he struggled? Noooo waaay!

lol

On 2017-06-24 at 0:48 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

I'd prefer anyone on the left side other than Enstrom.  And I don't need to "validate" this to you or anyone.  If you can't see what a massive liability Enstrom is out there then that's on you.

I dont see it either man.  Enstrom's a pretty solid defender. you sure you're not just hung up on the small size thing?  He plays sound defensively, has an offensive spark and is usually disruptive with his stick in passing lanes..

:blink:

6 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I dont see it either man.  Enstrom's a pretty solid defender. you sure you're not just hung up on the small size thing?  He plays sound defensively, has an offensive spark and is usually disruptive with his stick in passing lanes..

Maybe if his contract was not 5m/y people might like him more.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Either Connor or Perreault is 2nd line left winger unless im leaving someone out?

I think we're looking at a lineup something like this right now (shuffle up the lines as you please, that's not the point):

Ehlers - Scheif - Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Laine
Matthias - Lowry - Armia
Tanev - Copp - Dano

So I don't really agree with the premise of the article.  That is a full lineup but there are absolutely some spots that could be won with a strong performance from guys like Connor, Roslovic, and Lemieux.

Pet peeve of mine is when people insist a guy like Connor is top-six or bust.  There is no reason why he can't come in and play on the third line.  It is probably good for him to do so.

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Be shocked if Tanev made the team. He's got the grit though.

Exactly.  Maybe Copp slides over to the wing and Roslovic is the 4th line centre for awhile.  Or Connor plays 3rd line wing and Matthias goes down to the 4th.  There are opportunities for the young guys but the team is maturing and the kids are going to have to earn spots.  We're finished with the days where we go to camp with a rookie pencilled in somewhere.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think we're looking at a lineup something like this right now (shuffle up the lines as you please, that's not the point):

Ehlers - Scheif - Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Laine
Matthias - Lowry - Armia
Tanev - Copp - Dano

So I don't really agree with the premise of the article.  That is a full lineup but there are absolutely some spots that could be won with a strong performance from guys like Connor, Roslovic, and Lemieux.

Pet peeve of mine is when people insist a guy like Connor is top-six or bust.  There is no reason why he can't come in and play on the third line.  It is probably good for him to do so.

I don't disagree with this.

Are you calling the 3rd line the "checking" line here? If so, I agree. I could even see Perreault out there on the 3rd,  with Connor taking his spot on the 2nd line.

I believe the trio of Connor, Roslovic and Lemieux will all start with the Moose. There will be injuries that will give them opportunities during the season to play for the Jets. Maybe they take someone's spot, permanently.

25 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Sorry, just can't agree with this statement.  But whatever, we're stuck with him now.  One more year of screaming at the TV...sigh...

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't disagree with this.

Are you calling the 3rd line the "checking" line here? If so, I agree. I could even see Perreault out there on the 3rd,  with Connor taking his spot on the 2nd line.

I believe the trio of Connor, Roslovic and Lemieux will all start with the Moose. There will be injuries that will give them opportunities during the season to play for the Jets. Maybe they take someone's spot, permanently.

Sure, they might even try Perreault at centre again.  They tried to do that at the beginning of last season but Connor didn't work out and they needed him in the top six.

Checking line... I don't know, is that the third line, or the fourth?  The good teams have scoring depth all through their top 9.  For me, the ideal situation has some scoring punch on the third line with some checking ability... guys like Lowry and Armia.

26 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Liking or disliking a player is one thing.  irrational hate is something else.  Certainly KBF does not have to rationalie his opinion.  But there is a difference between opinion and fact.  It can opinion that Toby isnt as good as he used to be.  But its fact that he's not nearly as bad as some people say, just ask Jets management and coaches.  And opposing coaches. 

Toby is a good D man.  Who is aging.  And declining.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Checking line... I don't know, is that the third line, or the fourth?  The good teams have scoring depth all through their top 9.  For me, the ideal situation has some scoring punch on the third line with some checking ability... guys like Lowry and Armia.

I was thinking more match-up wise, rather than suggesting how much they actually play.

Perreault is always an option at centre but only during as a result of an injury. He's just never established himself as a consistent centre with the Jets. Whether that's on MoPo or not, I'm not sure.

Wouldnt be surprised 

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler 

Perreault Little Laine 

Connor Lowry Armia 

Lemieux Copp Matthias 

Lots can happen tho. Roslovic could be ready and Connor Roslovic Armia is possible... Bumping Lowry down.. Copp Lowry Matthias. 

Pretty obvious after Connors comments on Jets TV that him and roslovic "will play together for many years". 

Its all about if Roslovic is ready... If he is.. Lowry becomes our 4th line checking center. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Wouldnt be surprised 

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler 

Perreault Little Laine 

Connor Lowry Armia 

Lemieux Copp Matthias 

Lots can happen tho. Roslovic could be ready and Connor Roslovic Armia is possible... Bumping Lowry down.. Copp Lowry Matthias. 

Pretty obvious after Connors comments on Jets TV that him and roslovic "will play together for many years". 

Its all about if Roslovic is ready... If he is.. Lowry becomes our 4th line checking center. 

I like that line up.  I hope Lowry can be the big bodied sort-of scoring centre they want him to be.  Copp might be better.

Just read this and found it hilarious:

It's been reported that the Jets have reached out or shown interest in Kulikov from the Sabres. This seems to be the Stu.0 (Stu point O) move as the two players are so similar. The upside is Kulikov may be better at suppressing shots in his end and not at both ends like Stu.