Canadian Politics

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Can you provide the post (s) that @Trackersaid DS said this during the campaign to verify your position that he is spreading disinformation?

No, ask Tracker to provide the proof to show Smith influenced the provincial election as he claimed which he can't do as it never happened. People who live in Alberta know Smith said things before the election as the NDP outted her in different videos as well as an audio tape of her speaking to Pawlowski in January & not May so she didn't try to influence the election.

I'm not denying she never talked about seizing airports & other **** but that happened in 2021 & 22 before she entered the UCP leadership race. Not during the provincial electiom. Yes, she did talk to Pawlowski about trying to get his charges reduced or stayed. That was in January 2023 & not May. I'm not denying she didn't break the law as she did but it wasn't during the election. My point is Smith did nothing to influence the outcome of the election as Tracker has claimed.

Now, I'm getting tired having to defend Smith as I don't like her. 

14 hours ago, JCon said:

That's a lie. PP is a liar. He could stand up in parliament and discuss whatever he wants without fear of prosection. It's protected. 

Parliamentry privilege does not extend to criminal matters of national security as revised in 1965. Parliamentry censure is applicable and enforceable by prosecution. If PP, or any other MP, were to openly discuss classified information in parliament they are NOT exempt from prosecution for doing so. You are calling him a liar and you don't even know what you are talking about. SMH.

10 hours ago, JCon said:

Well, no, it would be incredibly irresponsible to do so. You rely on common sense. 

But, it's equally irresponsible to be a leader of the opposition and be opposed to getting security briefings. 

How can you take a leader seriously if he's more concerned with posturing rather than leading? 

The exact same argument could be made about Trudeau. 

Edited by GCn20

23 hours ago, JCon said:

Entertaining is one word for it. 

The wackos run that party and will continue to ruin that province. 

FTFY

Pretty brutal outcome for Alberta on Monday night. One of the worst parts: https://calgary.citynews.ca/2023/05/29/alberta-ucp-controversial-wins/

Lacombe-Ponoka United Conservative Party (UCP) candidate Jennifer Johnson, who compared trans children to feces, wins her riding.

Johnson won her seat with over 4,000 votes, compared to a little over 1,000 with the NDP, about 70 per cent of the vote as of 11 p.m. Monday.

She also said Alberta has a first-rate education system but is against transgender children as young as 14 getting double mastectomies and chemical castrations to help them transition.

“This is more than a teaspoon of poop in the cookie pouch,” Johnson said.

“It does not matter that we’re in the top three per cent in the world. Who cares if they got an 89 in Chemistry 30? Who cares that they are entering post-secondary if they are chemically castrated?”

UCP leader Danielle Smith was asked at a news conference in Calgary and confirmed her initial comments that Johnson would not sit in caucus, despite also saying she believed in “redemption and second chances.”

“I’ve made it very clear,” said Smith. “I’ve made a decision. She will not be sitting with the UCP caucus.”

“And that is final.”

The UCP in charge of Alberta for another four years...

Yikes Well GIF - Yikes Well Good Luck - Discover & Share GIFs

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

He could discuss info that's been redacted? 

No he cannot, and yes he could be prosecuted for doing so if he were to break the law. JCon is just making stuff up. Parliamentry privilege does NOT protect an MP from these kind of criminal acts. Matters of national security that are classified MAY NOT be discussed openly in parliament, and become a criminal act as enacted in 1965 revisions to Parliamentry Privilege house rules. 

Edited by GCn20

23 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Alberta might end up like many Republican led states down south where doctors are leaving.

A list of Alberta communities losing doctor care

According to the AMA, 400 clinics in Alberta are laying off support staff or considering closing. Here are some of them.

https://albertaworker.ca/news/a-list-of-alberta-communities-losing-doctor-care/

20 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Dippers after losing this election.

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

Oooooo.  Fresh meat!

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, ask Tracker to provide the proof to show Smith influenced the provincial election as he claimed which he can't do as it never happened. People who live in Alberta know Smith said things before the election as the NDP outted her in different videos as well as an audio tape of her speaking to Pawlowski in January & not May so she didn't try to influence the election.

I'm not denying she never talked about seizing airports & other **** but that happened in 2021 & 22 before she entered the UCP leadership race. Not during the provincial electiom. Yes, she did talk to Pawlowski about trying to get his charges reduced or stayed. That was in January 2023 & not May. I'm not denying she didn't break the law as she did but it wasn't during the election. My point is Smith did nothing to influence the outcome of the election as Tracker has claimed.

That's what I thought.

You said your position was he was spreading disinformation but won't/can't back it up with his posts to support that. To you that's up to Tracker.

This is the current environment we live in.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not denying she never talked about seizing airports & other **** but that happened in 2021 & 22 before she entered the UCP leadership race. Not during the provincial election. Yes, she did talk to Pawlowski about trying to get his charges reduced or stayed. That was in January 2023 & not May. I'm not denying she didn't break the law as she did but it wasn't during the election. My point is Smith did nothing to influence the outcome of the election as Tracker has claimed.

You are mistaken in saying that I stated that Smith tried to influence the election- what I said was that she tried to influence the judicial process, and then lied about it. Whether you commit an indictable or summary offence now or six months ago, is irrelevant. She broke the law and no resorting to "it was long ago/my statement was taken out of context/I didn't mean it that way/whataboutism" is going to change that. The right-wing M.O. has often been to throw out some red meat to their followers and then backpedal. Ms. Smith said aloud what  much of her base believes and they both deserve scrutiny. If you believe that Ms. smith and the UCP decided spontaneously to hold an election, you are being naïve. Elections are almost always planned well in advance with announcements and rallies scheduled well in advance. 

Edited by Tracker

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

FTFY

Pretty brutal outcome for Alberta on Monday night. One of the worst parts: https://calgary.citynews.ca/2023/05/29/alberta-ucp-controversial-wins/

The UCP in charge of Alberta for another four years...

Statements like these are about to become a dime a dozen, rural Alberta elected the govt. they wanted, the UCP culled from all Edmonton and a lot of Calgary leaves very few moderate voices available for caucus without much representation from their two urban centers. .Basically the Wildrose Party finally found a way to win an election, without running under their own banner.  A method Harper first employed when he morphed the original Reform regressives into the CPC.

Expect a lot more grievance with Ottawa, ill thought through social policies, and weird ideological experiments in their public school system trying to warp time back to the 1950's. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

the UCP culled from all Edmonton

so the crazy lady says that, in order to make sure Edmontonians voices are heard, she's going to create some special committee made up of the UCP candidates who LOST in Edmonton............................... you honestly can't make this **** up. Refusing to communicate with the actual people ELECTED IN EDMONTON..... instead she'll use the voices of the losers that Edmonton vehemently rejected. Unreal...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

so the crazy lady says that, in order to make sure Edmontonians voices are heard, she's going to create some special committee made up of the UCP candidates who LOST in Edmonton............................... you honestly can't make this **** up. Refusing to communicate with the actual people ELECTED IN EDMONTON..... instead she'll use the voices of the losers that Edmonton vehemently rejected. Unreal...

Govern all Albertans or just those who voted UCP?

This is why we run elections so the people who are elected can represent the voices of their district to the table.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Elections have consequences (for thee, not for me). 

On 2023-05-30 at 3:01 PM, Tracker said:

The Wild Rose and Take Back Alberta people are firmly in control of the party and agenda. As the UPC rules, more and more of the moderates will "quiet quit" and the UPC will devolve even more into GOP-like policies. Smith did everything she could to throw the election- interfering in the judicial process, threatening to have Calgary and Edmonton police seize the airports there, cheered for the Russians and promised to pick fights with the federal government over anything and everything. And she and the UPC still won the election. That is what Albertabama has become.

Dude, usually I enjoy your posts & find them clever & funny but this post is completely insane. And it's all disinformation & lies. Third sentence in, you say Smith did what she could to "throw the election". Then you start spouting lies & total bullshit that she interfered in the judicial process - to throw the election which she didn't. Then you state that during the election she said that she was going to seize the airports. What??? You mean if she lost???? When did she publicly cheer for the Russians during the election?? 

Like I said, she said this stuff before she was even a UPC leadership candidate not as Premier. I admit that. The NDP released videos & audio tapes of the things she said which was fair game as she said them, However, Smith never said these things on the campaign trail. The videos released by the NDP were designed to discredit her & it worked. The NDP did a good job scaring off moderate conservatives. 

Like jeezus, man. Get a grip. What you said are some of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen. I'm no fan of Danielle Smith & I'll criticize just how stupid the comments she said were. However, as an Albertan the things you said really pissed me off. That somehow democtracy doesn't exist here. If you want to go down a rabbit hole with me on this then I'll fight you right to bottom even if it's a thousand feet deep. Smith did nothing to "throw the election". Quit spouting garbage. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27