Canadian Politics

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

prices of all Alberta-based resources went into the tank since the election results came in... saw a tweet this morning. So much for "the UCP is good for business!" 

again, really wish the tweet would embed, but here's the image with the tweet: 

I blame it on the four years of Alberta NDP rule and also blame the four years of NDP rule for all the other bad things that have happened in this province historically over time, that are presently happening now and the bad that will happen in the future. 

27 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I blame it on the four years of Alberta NDP rule and also blame the four years of NDP rule for all the other bad things that have happened in this province historically over time, that are presently happening now and the bad that will happen in the future. 

it's the Notley-Singh-Trudeau Alliance that is responsible for everything bad in the world today... I hear that regularly in rural AB.  I know someone whose boss (owner of the company) threatened pay cuts for everyone if the NDP won, because his corporate tax rate would go up and he was going to hand it down to the employees, so they'd "better not vote for them"..... I'm ******* SICKENED about it today. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's the Notley-Singh-Trudeau Alliance that is responsible for everything bad in the world today... I hear that regularly in rural AB.  I know someone whose boss (owner of the company) threatened pay cuts for everyone if the NDP won, because his corporate tax rate would go up and he was going to hand it down to the employees, so they'd "better not vote for them"..... I'm ******* SICKENED about it today. 

Notley should have made a much greater effort to snuff out any sort of implication she was in league with Trudeau. Needed to come right out and declare war on him like the UCP did and she probably wins this election going away. People hate Trudeau in Alberta more than they like Notley.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

When businesses fail in Alberta its the fault of Trudeau and Singh (or just simply NDP/Liberal), the four year provincial NDP reign and all the Albertans who voted for these anti business parties.

When businesses succeed in Alberta its because of their own doing, the merits of a capitalism model and conservative governments at the provincial and federal levels.

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You hate rural Alberta so much but yet you stay. No one is forcing you to stay in Alberta. There are no chains tying you down. No one is asking you to stay, either. With your experience you could find another broadcasting job in another province very easily. Rural Alberta & the people who ,listen to you on FM radio have been very good to you over the years yet you say that they make you sick as they voted UCP?

Did you go on radio today complaining about how you're sickened with the election result & all the alt right nutjobs & racists who live in Olds & the area around it??  You're a hypocrite. I guess making money usurps personal principles & ethics, huh?  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The only hope for the left in Alberta is if you get another Wild Rose kind of party that splinters the right. Alberta leans heavily to the right, and that isn't changing anytime soon. When even a wingnut like Smith can win a majority there isn't much hope for those that are centre-right/left.

Oh no alberta isn't as far right as all that. Take away the labels and they choose centrist policies all the time. Problem is you got 50 years of brand loyalty saying vote for the party with conservative in their name,  times were good then! 

What we saw this election was more and more moderates rejecting them.  Not quite enough yet but the ucp keep pushing their republican culture war, enrich the rich agenda and they will collapse. There is already trouble brewing internally which was in full view when kenney tried to play moderate. See what Smith does. She goes full right win the few progressives left will push back, she moderates things TBA will try and oust her.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh no alberta isn't as far right as all that. Take away the labels and they choose centrist policies all the time. Problem is you got 50 years of brand loyalty saying vote for the party with conservative in their name,  times were good then! 

What we saw this election was more and more moderates rejecting them.  Not quite enough yet but the ucp keep pushing their republican culture war, enrich the rich agenda and they will collapse. There is already trouble brewing internally which was in full view when kenney tried to play moderate. See what Smith does. She goes full right win the few progressives left will push back, she moderates things TBA will try and oust her.

She won't be the leader of the UCP next election. AB Conservatives eat their leaders. Meanwhile Notley, loser of two straight provincial elections will stay on as NDP leader. Like....

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471osyk1k5fn1hevuxvc

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Wild Rose and Take Back Alberta people are firmly in control of the party and agenda. As the UPC rules, more and more of the moderates will "quiet quit" and the UPC will devolve even more into GOP-like policies. Smith did everything she could to throw the election- interfering in the judicial process, threatening to have Calgary and Edmonton police seize the airports there, cheered for the Russians and promised to pick fights with the federal government over anything and everything. And she and the UPC still won the election. That is what Albertabama has become.

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The Wild Rose and Take Back Alberta people are firmly in control of the party and agenda. As the UPC rules, more and more of the moderates will "quiet quit" and the UPC will devolve even more into GOP-like policies. Smith did everything she could to throw the election- interfering in the judicial process, threatening to have Calgary and Edmonton police seize the airports there, cheered for the Russians and promised to pick fights with the federal government over anything and everything. And she and the UPC still won the election. That is what Albertabama has become.

Smith didn't speak to Pawlowski in May. She spoke to him in January. She never threatened to seize the airports during the election. Yeah, she said something like that on some insignificant alt right podcast less than two years ago. So there goes your theory of her throwing the election. Smith is a stupid dumbass who says stupid things. The dumbest politiician in Canada but a monkey could win here as a Conservative. It's just the way it is.

Notley lost because of her past economic policies when she was Premier, the threat of a 38% business tax hike if she won last night, the feeling she can't be trusted (as when she brought in a provincial carbon tax without saying anything in the 2015 provincial election) & she is perceived as someone who won't stand up to Trudeau who is by far the most hated politician in Alberta. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

43 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Smith didn't speak to Pawlowski in May. She spoke to him in January. She never threatened to seize the airports during the election. Yeah, she said something like that on some insignificant alt right podcast less than two years ago. So there goes your theory of her throwing the election. Smith is a stupid dumbass who says stupid things. The dumbest politiician in Canada but a monkey could win here as a Conservative. It's just the way it is.

Notley lost because of her past economic policies when she was Premier, the threat of a 38% business tax hike if she won last night, the feeling she can't be trusted (as when she brought in a provincial carbon tax without saying anything in the 2015 provincial election) & she is perceived as someone who won't stand up to Trudeau who is by far the most hated politician in Alberta. 

Not being accountable for the things you say if enough time passes is an interesting deflection of responsibility. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No if I were to offer criticism of the ndp campaign I would say they put too much faith in leader vs. Leader. Problem of course is like you say, conservatives eat their leaders and enough people didn't care about Smith, still conservatives, vote blue team even if they don't like Smith. 

Party will split inhave no doubts. Saw a post breaking down how the ndp could have won. Flip 6 more seats so taking the closest 6 ridings they lost and getting half the vote difference more to win those seats.... 1300 and change people. That was the margin of error here. Ucp keep ucping and they won't be able to hide from their crappy management anymore and it's no stretch to see those margins change.

PP's argument for not getting security clearance so he can get fully briefed on all the facts behind foreign interference is he won't be able to share what he learns with Canadians.

Could he not still get briefed and from what he learns be even more laser focused on what needs to be shared with Canadians balanced with the importance of confidentiality and security issues for this Country? Like use his Brains and other Big Brains around him.

It's not just some big free for all in terms of access to information nor is it everything needs to be clamped down and nothing at all shared.

Both JT and PP need to work together on this and do their damn jobs to serve all Canadians no matter the political flag one fly's under.

FFS 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

PP's argument for not getting security clearance so he can get fully briefed on all the facts behind foreign interference is he won't be able to share what he learns with Canadians.

Could he not still get briefed and from what he learns be even more laser focused on what needs to be shared with Canadians balanced with the importance of confidentiality and security issues for this Country? Like use his Brains and other Big Brains around him.

It's not just some big free for all in terms of access to information nor is it everything needs to be clamped down and nothing at all shared.

Both JT and PP need to work together on this and do their damn jobs to serve all Canadians no matter the political flag one fly's under.

FFS 

That's a lie. PP is a liar. He could stand up in parliament and discuss whatever he wants without fear of prosection. It's protected. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

That's a lie. PP is a liar. He could stand up in parliament and discuss whatever he wants without fear of prosecution. It's protected. 

But then he could no longer pose as a victim and that attitude resonates so well with his intended base.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Not being accountable for the things you say if enough time passes is an interesting deflection of responsibility. 

It was brought up & she apologized. Smith never denied she said it. It was a low moment in the election for the UCP. I don't like Smith one bit. As I said she's so dumb she couldn't spell cat if you spotted her the c & the t.  We only had an "either, or" choice with 2 viable political parties & not 3 like you guys will have . 

My riding  had 3 choices on paper. The NDP, UCP & Alberta Solidarity Party that was founded by that prick Pastor Artur Pawlowski. One of the most detestable human beings you have ever seen. Not much of a choice. It wasn't Smith who lost the election but Notley. As I said, Smith never threatened to close airports or spoke to Arthur Pawlowski during the election. So who is spreading disinformation here claiming Smith tried to unfairly influence the election when she didn't? You. 

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It was brought up & she apologized. Smith never denied she said it. It was a low moment in the election for the UCP. I don't like Smith one bit. As I said she's so dumb she couldn't spell cat if you spotted her the c & the t.  We only had an "either, or" choice with 2 viable political parties & not 3 like you guys will have . 

My riding  had 3 choices on paper. The NDP, UCP & Alberta Solidarity Party that was founded by that prick Pastor Artur Pawlowski. One of the most detestable human beings you have ever seen. Not much of a choice. It wasn't Smith who lost the election but Notley. As I said, Smith never threatened to close airports or spoke to Arthur Pawlowski during the election. So who is spreading disinformation here claiming Smith tried to unfairly influence the election when she didn't? You. 

Your position is still that it didn't happen during the lection, so ll her gaffes are irrelevant. She did what she did about trying to influence the judicial process, she said that she said about privatizing hospitals, seizing airports and supporting Russian aggression. She may be stupid but she said what she knew would resonate with her troglodytes.

43 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Your position is still that it didn't happen during the lection, so ll her gaffes are irrelevant. She did what she did about trying to influence the judicial process, she said that she said about privatizing hospitals, seizing airports and supporting Russian aggression. She may be stupid but she said what she knew would resonate with her troglodytes.

My position is that you said she did these things during the election & she didn't so you're spreading disinformation. You know that wasn't true yet you said it anyway. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No if I were to offer criticism of the ndp campaign I would say they put too much faith in leader vs. Leader. Problem of course is like you say, conservatives eat their leaders and enough people didn't care about Smith, still conservatives, vote blue team even if they don't like Smith. 

Party will split inhave no doubts. Saw a post breaking down how the ndp could have won. Flip 6 more seats so taking the closest 6 ridings they lost and getting half the vote difference more to win those seats.... 1300 and change people. That was the margin of error here. Ucp keep ucping and they won't be able to hide from their crappy management anymore and it's no stretch to see those margins change.

You aren't wrong.

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When people tell you who they are, believe them. Just because she somehow managed to keep her big yap shut during the election doesn't mean she's changed, only that there are enough ******* willing to believe it.

Imagine my third of 3 choices being the Alberta Solidarity Party founded by Artur Pawlowski. Talk about puking in my mouth. 

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My position is that you said she did these things during the election & she didn't so you're spreading disinformation. You know that wasn't true yet you said it anyway. 

Can you provide the post (s) that @Trackersaid DS said this during the campaign to verify your position that he is spreading disinformation?

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

But then he could no longer pose as a victim and that attitude resonates so well with his intended base.

Well, no, it would be incredibly irresponsible to do so. You rely on common sense. 

But, it's equally irresponsible to be a leader of the opposition and be opposed to getting security briefings. 

How can you take a leader seriously if he's more concerned with posturing rather than leading?