Canadian Politics

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Please do me a favor and look up the definition of alt right and tell me what policies he has announced he would pursue that would make him classified as one.

Alt-right is a white nationalist movement.

Here is PP with the white nationalist terrorists in Ottawa. 

Poilievre-truck-1067x800-1200x899.jpeg

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Oh no...she's a Trump supporter....burn the witch. You guys are comical.

The Alt-right. 

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No it most certainly is not no matter how much you jump up and down and say it is. That's just you carrying in US style politics of painting the other party as extreme into this debate. It is absolute nonsense to suggest that the entire CPC party is alt-right. Laughable really....but you keep doing you on this. I don't disagree that Pierre is further to the right than the other candidates, but to suggest he is alt-right is the same as those who call Trudeau a communist. It is a gross exaggeration.

"Justinflation"

That is the definition of a dog whistle meant to do nothing more than rile up his misinformed and scared supporters, and is just as bad as damaging as Trudeau a communist. He proudly supported the Covidiot Clown Convoy, he's made ignorant remarks regarding the public health restrictions and mandates, and he consistently makes nonsensical statements about the liberals trying to destroy the Canada. Hyperbole, dog whistles, and falsehoods are all part of the alt-right playbook. Poilievre engages in those tactics daily - and he seems to enjoy doing so (probably because it feeds his narcissism).

So, no. It is not a gross exaggeration to suggest he's alt-right.

Imagine defending a Canadian politician who supports another country's political party by buying crappy merch. That's what's comical.

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Alt-right is a white nationalist movement.

Here is PP with the white nationalist terrorists in Ottawa. 

Poilievre-truck-1067x800-1200x899.jpeg

The Alt-right. 

Meeting with a trucker is alt right behavior? Who knew? You guys are reaching like a drowning child. This might be the most stupid leap of logic I have ever seen. You are seriously suggesting that every trucker in Ottawa was an alt-right white supremacist terrorist. Honestly...holy **** that's scary.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

"Justinflation"

That is the definition of a dog whistle meant to do nothing more than rile up his misinformed and scared supporters, and is just as bad as damaging as Trudeau a communist. He proudly supported the Covidiot Clown Convoy, he's made ignorant remarks regarding the public health restrictions and mandates, and he consistently makes nonsensical statements about the liberals trying to destroy the Canada. Hyperbole, dog whistles, and falsehoods are all part of the alt-right playbook. Poilievre engages in those tactics daily - and he seems to enjoy doing so (probably because it feeds his narcissism).

So, no. It is not a gross exaggeration to suggest he's alt-right.

I agree that Pollievre engages in dog whistle politics. Dog whistle politics is not exclusive to the alt right, nor is it an indicator of being one. Most people would suggest that the Democrats in the US engaged in them for the entirety of Trump's term.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

In this situation? Everyone. 

That's is crazy.  I don't defend the truckers way of protesting. It was wrong and misguided, but to call them white supremacist terrorists is batshit nuts.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

I agree that Pollievre engages in dog whistle politics. Dog whistle politics is not exclusive to the alt right, nor is it an indicator of being one. Most people would suggest that the Democrats in the US engaged in them for the entirety of Trump's term.

"bUt ThE dEmOcRatS"

Solid whataboutism that has literally nothing to do with Canada.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

In this situation? Everyone capable of objective reasoning and critical thinking. 

FTFY

43 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

That's is crazy.  I don't defend the truckers way of protesting. It was wrong and misguided, but to call them white supremacist terrorists is batshit nuts.

If it walks like a duck....

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Liberals need to get over the idea that Trudeau bashing doesn't work. The Cons have been in a state of disarray, rife with internal struggle, and rudderless leadership for the past 3-4 years at least....and yet they sit ahead in the popular vote in 2 elections and are pretty much in a tie right now with no leader with no clear direction of policy to speak of all on the strength of Trudeau bashing. A Trudeau led Liberal party gets worse for them, not better.  The Trudeau bashing will not stop, nor should it, it's working. What they need to do is build some policy around that. I honestly believe Trudeau is a big liability to his party right now. He is an albatross they need to shake off sooner rather than later or it will eventually cost them.

If it worked they wouldn't have failed to form government 3 times in a row playing that card.

They need to come up with policy that appeals to people not bash Trudeau. Only thing Trudeau bashing accomplishes is riling up western supporters who have a long standing hatred of the name. 

If Trudeau bashing was going to work in would have worked already because the guy is a dope. The cons have failed to show Canadians why they would be better. So to the conservatives.... be better. Pierre pollierve screaming about dog whistles isn't going to do what he hopes it will. We have a great example of how bad that kind of "leadership" is in Alberta right now and I believe the rest of Canada is smart enough to see it even if albertans by and large aren't.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If it worked they wouldn't have failed to form government 3 times in a row playing that card.

They need to come up with policy that appeals to people not bash Trudeau. Only thing Trudeau bashing accomplishes is riling up western supporters who have a long standing hatred of the name. 

If Trudeau bashing was going to work in would have worked already because the guy is a dope. The cons have failed to show Canadians why they would be better. So to the conservatives.... be better. Pierre pollierve screaming about dog whistles isn't going to do what he hopes it will. We have a great example of how bad that kind of "leadership" is in Alberta right now and I believe the rest of Canada is smart enough to see it even if albertans by and large aren't.

Honestly, they've reduced their political reasoning down to two words, "**** Trudeau", which is at least one more word than the brainless idiots who shout "Freedom!".

Edited by Fatty Liver

37 minutes ago, JCon said:

Gee, I wonder why the CPCs don't want their own MPs commentating on this? Hmmmm...

They've also apparently disqualified two candidates for running for leadership, potentially for their views on abortion. Me thinks they might not want to split the batsh*t crazy vote that Pierre Populist is aiming for.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The Liberals could score some BIG political points right now by introducing a motion in parliament confirming women's right to choose. That would force the troglodytes opposite to support the motion, vote against it or suddenly come down ill and miss the vote.

They could do something useful and fund abortion clinics that some provinces refuse to. 

PEI does not fund. 

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

They could do something useful and fund abortion clinics that some provinces refuse to. 

PEI does not fund. 

The tricky thing is that healthcare (including abortion services) is provincial area of responsibility, so the Feds must tread carefully.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Tax these mfers.

The same thing with oil & gas. Record high prices, but O&G companies are raking in record profits and are expecting this to continue for years. Fortunately Kenney and Co. have some sympathy for them by getting rid of taxes. Feds also chipping in taxpayer money to fund O&G companies in these 'hard times'

Average consumers feel inflation, yet are being blamed for wanting their wages to keep up with costs & profits.

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

The same thing with oil & gas. Record high prices, but O&G companies are raking in record profits and are expecting this to continue for years. Fortunately Kenney and Co. have some sympathy for them by getting rid of taxes. Feds also chipping in taxpayer money to fund O&G companies in these 'hard times'

Average consumers feel inflation, yet are being blamed for wanting their wages to keep up with costs & profits.

It troubles me that politicians are so scared of these companies that they'll depress salaries in order to cozy up to them.

Aggressively tax high earners. Aggressively tax corporate bonuses. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservatives-accuse-pm-trudeau-of-uttering-expletive-in-heated-house-exchange-1.5888853

Conservative members of Parliament are accusing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of cursing during a heated exchange in the House of Commons on Wednesday.

The party says Trudeau uttered a “six-letter F-word” while in debate with national defence critic Kerry-Lynne Findlay about a military aircraft flying over Ottawa during the Freedom Convoy.

“Now we have learned that Canada’s special forces were operating surveillance aircraft – I’m sure they were just in training – over Ottawa during the February truckers protest … how can the prime minister justify using military assets to surveil Canadians?” Findlay asked.

In response, the prime minister said, “What the member opposite just engaged in is dangerously close to misinformation, disinformation and designed to gin up fears and conspiracy theories around what happened a number of months ago.”

At that moment you cannot see or hear what the prime minster said on the House of Commons video feed after answering the question, but later Conservative MP John Barlow stood up on a point of order asking the prime minister to apologize for the language he used.

The House Deputy Speaker Chris D’Entremont said he didn’t hear what the prime minister said. Conservative MP John Brassard asked the D’Entremont to consult debate transcripts and follow the appropriate measures, claiming Trudeau “dropped an F-bomb.”

There are rules prohibiting members of Parliament from using un-parliamentary language. After a review, should the speaker find the “utterances of a particular member offensive or disorderly,” that member will be requested to rise and withdraw the word or phrase.

Asked about the incident by reporters after question period, Trudeau made reference to a phrase used by his father who famously mouthed a four-letter expletive, but did not elaborate further on what he may or may not have said.

“What is the nature of your thoughts, gentlemen, when you move your lips in a particular way,” the prime minister said, which was reminiscent of Pierre Elliot Trudeau’s comment, “What is the nature of your thoughts, gentlemen, when you say ‘fuddle duddle’ or something like that.”

On the issue of a military plane flying over Ottawa during the convoy protests, the Canadian Armed Forces told CTV News in a statement it was part of a training exercise that was planned prior to, and was unrelated to, the events on the ground.

“Cancelling such training would have been costly and would have had a negative impact on maintaining required certifications and qualifications, and thus on Canadian Armed Forces operational readiness,” a statement reads.

“We can also confirm that this training had nothing to do with the surveillance or the monitoring of activities.”

This is comical. What pitiful pearl clutching by the CPC, especially after members proudly supported the Covidiot Clown Convoy with their F*ck Trudeau flags. Lousy hypocrites.