Walters' Priorities

BigBlue

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, wbbfan said:

we will never know how he'd have faired behind the good OL with bond hardrick and no neufeld. In skill set he could make all the passed nichols could, and also hit deep balls. But he may have been too mentally and physically damaged at that point to know. We were a deep ball holding up and the wr having to wait from winning against bc.

Even harris couldnt run behind that junk line. Sub 3 yards per carry. If we had this line all of last year I think we would have made the play offs last year. 

I never want to find out. Drew Willy is gone & (hopefully) never coming back.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I never want to find out. Drew Willy is gone & (hopefully) never coming back.

id be surprised if hes ever a starter again. hes soo broken and damaged and now in TO has the knock of being a guy that cost the first over all pick and heath. If he isnt fire in TC hes probably not long for the league any more. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Have you been good? Maybe the jolly fat man will put a contract extension under the tree for us Bomber fans. Wait... Is Wade Miller jolly?

only after a bombers win, or a record sales day for booster juice / pinnacle etc 

On 12/6/2016 at 9:39 PM, wbbfan said:

we will never know how he'd have faired behind the good OL with bond hardrick and no neufeld. In skill set he could make all the passed nichols could, and also hit deep balls. But he may have been too mentally and physically damaged at that point to know. We were a deep ball holding up and the wr having to wait from winning against bc.

Even harris couldnt run behind that junk line. Sub 3 yards per carry. If we had this line all of last year I think we would have made the play offs last year. 

Wow. Still with this canard hey? Willy wont even be in the league in 2018. MAYBE he will be a backup next year. Give it up. He's done, you were wrong about him. 

On 12/11/2016 at 3:14 PM, White Out said:

Wow. Still with this canard hey? Willy wont even be in the league in 2018. MAYBE he will be a backup next year. Give it up. He's done, you were wrong about him. 

I wonder if it's now appropriate to ask how Jason Boltus would have done behind that line? Maybe we threw away a superstar & didn't know it. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder if it's now appropriate to ask how Jason Boltus would have done behind that line? Maybe we threw away a superstar & didn't know it. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You forgot to use the sarcasm font there.

My guess is that we need to use the full court press in signing Nichols ... if the best deal possible doesn't get him signed shortly, then we will know what to do... we will know which other QBs to go after and with how much .... I am happy enough with Nichols-Glenn .... when we let Brian Bennett get away I realized we are in short term thinking mode (no incubating  a Reilly, Jennings or Levi-Mitchell type) ... we will always have average QBs if we have to acquire our starter from another club UNLESS we are prepared to make a Matt Dunigan splurge again and that hasn't happened in two decades .... it would not surprise me to see Bennett the Roughies' ordained starter before the season is over ... I fear our QB plan has a major fault

18 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Walter's better get his QB under contract before Montreal opens their wallets and signs him when he is a FA.

hey if Montreal wants to be an idiot and overpay for him, go for it. I trust Walters will get him at the price he wants, or he'll have a back up plan (Durant or something...) but I really do believe that Nichols will end up in Wpg. He's not the guy Montreal or Toronto wants...

Glenn wasn't the guy Ottawa wanted either but until they had Burris signed they realized they better have someone else will n place. This franchise is living proof you live and die based on your QB and your QB depth. Like him or not if Nicholis goes the next guy you might be chasing is Glenn. The haters will be all over that one.

34 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Glenn wasn't the guy Ottawa wanted either but until they had Burris signed they realized they better have someone else will n place. This franchise is living proof you live and die based on your QB and your QB depth. Like him or not if Nicholis goes the next guy you might be chasing is Glenn. The haters will be all over that one.

The next guy would be durant almost certainly. Then perhaps Hank (shudder) maybe even ray. No matter what happens with nichols I dont think we will go into camp with glenn as the projected no1. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

hey if Montreal wants to be an idiot and overpay for him, go for it. I trust Walters will get him at the price he wants, or he'll have a back up plan (Durant or something...) but I really do believe that Nichols will end up in Wpg. He's not the guy Montreal or Toronto wants...

Certainly not the guy MTL wants IMOP. Could be the guy TO would want. But they allready have a huge mess to deal with nichols isnt the guy for that situation. Ottawa or hamilton on the other hand with young guys who have shown flashes but have health knocks could be a good sleeper fit. Established teams with a strong support. A possession systems guy like him could be very desirable. 

I feel like for once there are more quality starting QBs on the free agent market then teams for them to start. We have a beastly OL, a ton of talent at WR and a massive D that carried much of the season. We made the play offs in the hard division etc etc. If im any of the starter quality QBs, this is the team i want to play for. The amount of money it would take to over come the difference between us, To/mtl and even ott/ham is massive. 

4 hours ago, BigBlue said:

My guess is that we need to use the full court press in signing Nichols ... if the best deal possible doesn't get him signed shortly, then we will know what to do... we will know which other QBs to go after and with how much .... I am happy enough with Nichols-Glenn .... when we let Brian Bennett get away I realized we are in short term thinking mode (no incubating  a Reilly, Jennings or Levi-Mitchell type) ... we will always have average QBs if we have to acquire our starter from another club UNLESS we are prepared to make a Matt Dunigan splurge again and that hasn't happened in two decades .... it would not surprise me to see Bennett the Roughies' ordained starter before the season is over ... I fear our QB plan has a major fault

I really dont think so. More starting qbs then starting spots available. With a nichols -glenn esq combo not having a stud prospect isnt as big an issue. You can keep looking and get one that falls out with the nfl etc. Skill set wise id take MBT over bennett or davis any day. Davis and MBT are not young. And all three have a strong lack of experience. Limited college reps and even less pro. But guys like jennings, reilly and BLM didnt come up as incomplete passers. They had the ability to hit passes to any part of the field. Im all for getting a young guy like that to groom. But going "full court press" and over paying nichols only limits our ability to pay a higher end prospect qb to come in and sit on the bench. We dont have a reason or need to over nichols and I really dont think we, or any one else will. Some thing in the 300k range base with incentives. If he were to produce at an elite level next year i don think any one would have a problem if the incentives bumped him up to elite level pay. 

Montreal gave up a 1st for Adams. Nichols ain't starting there. Toronto gave up a 1st for Willy plus They have Ray still. Nope.  

Sask? Jones sent him packing once and doubt will pay him 450 K or close. .

Nichols had a good year but he's not even close to being in that elite level. So shouldn't be paid like he is. 

20 hours ago, BigBlue said:

So to clarify... you think the Bomber strategy for QBs is to ignore trying to develop one and just hope we can acquire one via trade or FA.... yeah, I'm sure that kind of strategy gets you a front office job in the CFL...

8 hours ago, bearpants said:

So to clarify... you think the Bomber strategy for QBs is to ignore trying to develop one and just hope we can acquire one via trade or FA.... yeah, I'm sure that kind of strategy gets you a front office job in the CFL...

I am hoping its not true but I don't have evidence contrawise ... else we would not have let a developing prospect like Bennett go ... either that or our QB recruiting skills has been/still is a massive failure to date

12 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I am hoping its not true but I don't have evidence contrawise ... else we would not have let a developing prospect like Bennett go ... either that or our QB recruiting skills has been/still is a massive failure to date

releasing Bennet tells me that management thinks he is not worth spending resources on... not that they are completely giving up on developing a QB... 

9 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Not sure how you develop a QB when they. Don't actually get an opportunity to play. Willy had to dig himself a 10 foot deep grave before the other guy got a chance and he actually had CFL experience.

Your ignorance is showing. QBs gain a ton by running scout team in practice and getting mental reps from the bench during games. Too often in our recent history, we've had to throw a potentially great QB (See: Elliott, Joey) to the wolves far too soon. It's really nice that we've been able to properly season a guy like we did this year...

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Your ignorance is showing. QBs gain a ton by running scout team in practice and getting mental reps from the bench during games. Too often in our recent history, we've had to throw a potentially great QB (See: Elliott, Joey) to the wolves far too soon. It's really nice that we've been able to properly season a guy like we did this year...

I agree 100%, but this will trigger someone, guaranteed.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:16 PM, Goalie said:

Montreal gave up a 1st for Adams. Nichols ain't starting there. Toronto gave up a 1st for Willy plus They have Ray still. Nope.  

Sask? Jones sent him packing once and doubt will pay him 450 K or close. .

Nichols had a good year but he's not even close to being in that elite level. So shouldn't be paid like he is. 

Remember that Kavis Reed and Matt Nichols spent three years together in Edmonton (Though Nichols was injured for most of it).

He may be a fan.

Edited by Jesse

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

The amount you can learn when you arent playing game speed, and arent being blitzed is highly over rated. Top qb picks in the nfl used to automatically sit for 1 year for bench learning. But that is more and more out the window. And even that, you didnt often see guys sit for more then 1 year and you see it less now.