RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

I  actually think Chevy has done a good job. It's hard to blame him. I look at that roster on paper and look at our leading scorers and it's scheif ehlers Laine Wheeler.  Our best D are Trouba and Morrissey. Our best Goalie is a rookie. 

Lowry having a good season. Little putting up points. The talent is there... it's just not being used properly.  It's truly at the point where it's pretty obvious that coaching is holding this team back. I'll say this... you give Hitchcock or Julien this roster... they are in the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

With Helle and Hutch?

Fun fact... the Jets don't suck just because of goaltending and anyone who truly believes it's just goaltending... Fool. 

Yup. Even with Helle and Hutch. Why? Cuz those coaches would have our team play to their strengths and not play down to other teams levels. 

Watch us when we get down by a goal or 2... we start to dominate... why not just let them loose all game. We are an offensive minded team with high end talent and skill trying to play a defensive game. Square pegs... round holes 

1 0. 3 1. 7 6. 10 8. All = 2 points 

Do you watch games not involving the Jets? If not... do it once.  Notice the difference in how those teams play to their strengths.  

Sports... man in every sport the team who scores the most... they win. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

I  actually think Chevy has done a good job. It's hard to blame him. I look at that roster on paper and look at our leading scorers and it's scheif ehlers Laine Wheeler.  Our best D are Trouba and Morrissey. Our best Goalie is a rookie. 

Lowry having a good season. Little putting up points. The talent is there... it's just not being used properly.  It's truly at the point where it's pretty obvious that coaching is holding this team back. I'll say this... you give Hitchcock or Julien this roster... they are in the playoffs. 

I would agree...  the talent is there no question about it.  

The draft picks have been great so far and Chevy has dodged some bullets (Andrew Ladd) ....   the execution is just not happening.  

The constant penalties early on in the season,  the non stop line juggling... that's on Maurice.  

Started the year wanted Maurice to be retained.    But watching this team "fighting" for a playoff spot, raises serious doubts.   Not mentally sharp, undicplined, weak on the puck, and looking totally disorganized in all areas of the ice.   To say nothing about our "special" teams.  

Kids like Laine and Ehliers getting tough love, while a number of vets, especially Buff (who should) are not.       

All the talk about how Paul is such a great communicator - it might just apply with the media, only.    Because whatever he is saying to the players, game in and game out - is simply not registering, somehow.    Wounder if some of the veterans have tuned Maurice right out.

The Jets clearly need to shake things up, or turn the dial.   Coaching change, moving some vets, whatever.   The status quo is a total fail, right now.

I'll say this... is Maurice part of the problem?  Yeah. Are guys like wheeler and buff? Probably more than we realize. 

I dunno. I feel Maurice needs to go but at the same time this veteran group minus Ladd led by wheeler and buff already got 1 coach fired. So part of me thinks that maybe instead of firing Maurice that we move on from wheeler and buff if possible. 

Give Scheif the C. Keep little and hive him an A and Trouba the other A. 

I don't know if firing Maurice is the best decision when like I said the veteran alpha males already got 1 coach fired.  

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'll say this... is Maurice part of the problem?  Yeah. Are guys like wheeler and buff? Probably more than we realize. 

I dunno. I feel Maurice needs to go but at the same time this veteran group minus Ladd led by wheeler and buff already got 1 coach fired. So part of me thinks that maybe instead of firing Maurice that we move on from wheeler and buff if possible. 

Give Scheif the C. Keep little and hive him an A and Trouba the other A. 

I don't know if firing Maurice is the best decision when like I said the veteran alpha males already got 1 coach fired.  

Trouba is going to jump ship as soon as he can...  we're delusional to think he has any desire to stay in Winnipeg.

Maurice screwed things up by overplaying Myers and sticking Trouba with Stuart.  

If you believe people apparently a former jet 1.0 player was around the team and players quite a bit In the early years and apparently said that Ladd wheeler and buff were always extremely disrespectful towards Noel. Ladd is gone but wheeler and buff are still here and I think that perhaps they need to go 

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Trouba is going to jump ship as soon as he can...  we're delusional to think he has any desire to stay in Winnipeg.

Maurice screwed things up by overplaying Myers and sticking Trouba with Stuart.  

You think trouba is going to leave because Myers was played too much?  Hopefully it's that silly because that's an easy issue to overcome. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

If you believe people apparently a former jet 1.0 player was around the team and players quite a bit In the early years and apparently said that Ladd wheeler and buff were always extremely disrespectful towards Noel. Ladd is gone but wheeler and buff are still here and I think that perhaps they need to go 

I like them both. But if the Jets decided to finally do the blow up they arguably should have done years ago I wouldn't. E upset. 

I have my doubts that chipman would allow that sort of behaviour though. But it could be why Chevy insisted on a "tough" coach. 

So get rid of Wheeler and Buff. The haul for both would be significant. 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You think trouba is going to leave because Myers was played too much?  Hopefully it's that silly because that's an easy issue to overcome. 

Trouba wants to be a #1 RHD. 

Instead as he was about to make that step, Chevy brought in Myers and Maurice fell in love with him and demoted Trouba.  Frame it however you want, he was our third pairing D with Stuart last season... Buff, Enstrom and Myers got all the critical minutes.

I think the ship has sailed...  he'll get traded or just wait Chevy out until he can hits UFA.

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Trouba wants to be a #1 RHD. 

Instead as he was about to make that step, Chevy brought in Myers and Maurice fell in love with him and demoted Trouba.  Frame it however you want, he was our third pairing D with Stuart last season... Buff, Enstrom and Myers got all the critical minutes.

I think the ship has sailed...  he'll get traded or just wait Chevy out until he can hits UFA.

Well he should be happy cause now he is. 

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm not familiar with the dynamics of a locker room but if Buff and wheeler would somehow instilling laziness and unaccountability, wouldn't the other guys step up?

althoigj lawless said something similar. That Ladd seemed to be able to say what needed to be said to Buff. 

Then we better get in a coach....... who is able to say what is needed to be said to Buff.