RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I just honestly don't see us making the playoffs and haven't for some time. I don't see us making up the points we need to when we are on pace for around 77 points. I said before and still believe we will start playing better around the middle of this month but too little too late.

I think it would be best to look at some more younger players.

Take a look at Roslo for 4 or 5 games before the end of the year. Call Comrie up (could do that right now AND keep Hutch up with Burmi gone) to see what he can do in the bigs....give him 3 starts in 10 games behind Helle. Let him ride the planes and get big money for 2 or 3 weeks.

Take a look at Lemieux, Connor, De Leo. Bring Tanev back up.

5261210-140326200452-network---howard-be

I don't like that sometimes you can't hear the questions properly but ...

Maurice talking about getting the lineup back healthy and not moving the lines around much.

How Trouba's exceptional play has shown he deserves PP time and he was outstanding against the Panthers. (he has 9 points in the last 10 games).

Mentions Buff asked to play with Morrissey early on in TC and how he has a good eye and isn't like most vets and likes the young talent.

Then he goes on to lie about Chiarot and Postma having a pretty good first half...

https://www.nhl.com/jets/video/pregame--paul-maurice/t-277437442/c-48131003

Trouba has really been coming on and if he isn't our 1RHD, he will be soon. If Chevy trades him, there had better be one hell of a lot coming back. I wouldn't trade him even up for Landeskog if the trade were offered.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

I don't like that sometimes you can't hear the questions properly but ...

Maurice talking about getting the lineup back healthy and not moving the lines around much.

How Trouba's exceptional play has shown he deserves PP time and he was outstanding against the Panthers. (he has 9 points in the last 10 games).

Mentions Buff asked to play with Morrissey early on in TC and how he has a good eye and isn't like most vets and likes the young talent.

Then he goes on to lie about Chiarot and Postma having a pretty good first half...

https://www.nhl.com/jets/video/pregame--paul-maurice/t-277437442/c-48131003

Trouba has really been coming on and if he isn't our 1RHD, he will be soon. If Chevy trades him, there had better be one hell of a lot coming back. I wouldn't trade him even up for Landeskog if the trade were offered.

Look at that, we actually agree.

Now is Trouba good enough to make Chiarot look better... and reunite Myers/Enstrom as third pairing

inside joke...

Trouba is good enough to make Chiarot look better....but still not near good enough....he looked good when Buff was playing like a Norris candidate but he is worthless and useless...he isn't an NHL caliber D man and our D depth is probably Chevy's biggest failure as of now....I honestly think he goes after a D man via trade or free agency. Look who we have in the system....NOBODY is close to making the step up to the big team.

Some people have said Lemieux is doing well but i got a buddy that has Moose season tickets and he doesn't agree. He isn't getting top line minutes, I know that. I think he is playing with Olsen and someone else I can't remember.

Edited by Ducky

14 minutes ago, Ducky said:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/01/08/goaltending-part-of-young-jets-growing-pains-cheveldayoff

An interesting interview with Cheveldayoff....those of you that think Maurice is getting fired this season...not gonna happen...

Well to be fair, Im not sure Chevy ever said Noel's head was on the chopping block before he fired him.  But Maurice has one year left, if Im not mistaken so they will have to make a decision.  I expect an extension but will it be a 3-4 year extension or a 1-2 year extension?

If you actually read the entire article and not just take little snippets, you would get the impression that not all is well in Jets land.. I find it more interesting that Chevy says he's happy with the coaching staff top to bottom but then specifically mentions the AHL coaches instead.. I don't see much praise for Maurice in that article, i see, a guy who won't throw Maurice and his staff under the bus, I don't see praise tho and i certainly don't think Maurice getting an extension is guaranteed at all, If i had to put it in to percentage terms, i still feel 60 40 that they are leaning towards getting rid of maurice and the coaching staff (most of it), There are just to many little shots taken at Maurice in that article, some are subtle, some aren't... Chevy referencing the fact that Maurice himself said you are what your record is and not really throwing out any excuses like schedule, injuries,etc... I dunno, seems to me that Maurice might be gone in the off season. I just don't get the sense at all that Chevy is exactly happy with Maurice and the Jets coaching staff. 

If you expect Chevy to come out and throw Maurice under the bus, yeah, that's not gonna happen but in the sports world, most the time, when little interviews like this come out, it's a precursor to the next move, which would be firing Maurice. I'd almost call it the kiss of death, but i really don't see Chevy praising Maurice at all in this article. 

Edited by Goalie

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If you actually read the entire article and not just take little snippets, you would get the impression that not all is well in Jets land.. I find it more interesting that Chevy says he's happy with the coaching staff top to bottom but then specifically mentions the AHL coaches instead.. I don't see much praise for Maurice in that article, i see, a guy who won't throw Maurice and his staff under the bus, I don't see praise tho and i certainly don't think Maurice getting an extension is guaranteed at all, If i had to put it in to percentage terms, i still feel 60 40 that they are leaning towards getting rid of maurice and the coaching staff (most of it), There are just to many little shots taken at Maurice in that article, some are subtle, some aren't... Chevy referencing the fact that Maurice himself said you are what your record is and not really throwing out any excuses like schedule, injuries,etc... I dunno, seems to me that Maurice might be gone in the off season. I just don't get the sense at all that Chevy is exactly happy with Maurice and the Jets coaching staff. 

If you expect Chevy to come out and throw Maurice under the bus, yeah, that's not gonna happen but in the sports world, most the time, when little interviews like this come out, it's a precursor to the next move, which would be firing Maurice. I'd almost call it the kiss of death, but i really don't see Chevy praising Maurice at all in this article. 

Not trying to argue here at all but regarding the bolded parts. Did they cut that part out of the article because I have just read it twice again and cannot find what you are referencing? Not kidding...read it a third time now???

“I like our coaching staff top to bottom,” said Cheveldayoff. “Again, the results, those are the things everyone gets measured on. From a coaching staff, I'm happy they're a part of our group here. When (Maurice) came in, we talked about this and about all of the steps that were going to have to happen. We talked about (how) there were maybe going to be some tough decisions to make to maybe go young at some key positions, where a lot of coaches in this league would fight you in those situations and with some of those decisions and say they want the veteran guy, the 500-game guy because there is that confidence level in the body of work.

“What we're trying to do is that we're trying to win the ultimate prize, the Stanley Cup. We've talked about the methodology that we were going to try (to use) to get to it. That involves taking some steps that are very difficult and you have to have faith in those steps are going to continue to build upon. Paul and I have a good relationship and good conversations in that regard.”

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

So, did you pull those out of ur azz too? Where are you reading this?

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

Take for what it's worth and I don't know how well he is connected in the NHL but Arash Madani just reported that Chevy would be getting an extension very soon. 

Did he mention Maurice cuz I think Chevy was obviously going to be here a long time