RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

48 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Is there a part of the team that is not a problem? 

Are we not leading the league in players with 40+ points?

Remember when we thought it was crazy EDM traded an offensive forward for a defensive dman?

I'd consider trading Buff before I'd trade a forward. But only if trouba signs long term. 

The idea of mix of young and veterans sounds great but it's not working. So really there is no reason to pay Wheeler, Buff and Toby. Trade then for youth. 

Myers can be the old man on D. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They got 1 coach fired for not trying. I doubt 2 will be. 

Not so sure about that, youth or not you gotta think Chevy and the Management is pretty disappointed with the effort in many games this season and that's not all on the young guns it's on vets and that reflects on coaching. Personally I'd be alright with firing PM and replacing him with Claude Julien (oh no another Claude ;) ) at any point now. Not sure CJ would be willing to come (possibly being wooed by Las Vegas) but firing Noel and replacing him with PM sparked these guys quite a bit back in 2014 so what is there to lose? Maurice seems to be the Pavelec of Head Coaches IMO. He always seemed to have a job but his percentages are not so great ...

Edited by IC Khari

1 minute ago, IC Khari said:

Not so sure about that, youth or not you gotta think Chevy and the Management is pretty disappointed with the effort in many games this season and that's not all on the young guns it's on vets and that reflects on coaching. Personally I'd be alright with firing PM and replacing him with Claude Julien (oh no another Claude ;) ) at any point now. Not sure CJ would be willing to come but firing Noel and replacing him with PM sparked these guys quite a bit back in 2014 so what is there to lose? Maurice seems to be the Pavelec of Head Coaches IMO. He always seemed to have a job but his percentages are not so great ...

Probably not going to fire Maurice until season's end... just in case there is a spark...

tumblr_n1nsfgQyJ41s0mbfho1_400.gif

10 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I just don't know how they can sell an extension for PM now. They would need to do something in the off-season to justify that this isn't PM's fault...who would take Buff at 7.5 a season?

The young guys have done well so I think if you move a vet or 2 you can justify an extension by saying the truth that the kids are alright 

Wheeler is a good dude, he's the guy who set Kane straight the first time.

Its definitely the coaching. We have the talent to win way more games. We are under achieving big time and the guys are not responding at all to the coach.

Get a winner like Julien or Hitchcock and we definitely are above 500 and playing way more full games.

We have the talent.

This off season sign a goalie, pay Julien 4 million per year and win. 

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

I just don't know how they can sell an extension for PM now. They would need to do something in the off-season to justify that this isn't PM's fault...who would take Buff at 7.5 a season?

If they end the season as bad as they are now and give Maurice an extension....I don't know. There could finally be a fan revolt. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If they end the season as bad as they are now and give Maurice an extension....I don't know. There could finally be a fan revolt. 

Knowing our luck they go on a 7 game winning streak (when it's already to late) and it gives them a justification for the extension. 

I'm ok with them bringing Maurice back *if* they at least make an attempt to get one of the better coaches in the off season and if those guys turn us down.   

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That's amazing...  the vets getting a free pass and the constant changing of the lines that are working...  very interesting!

“Mo Must Go” chants were heard towards the end of a brutal 2-1 loss to the Jets on Friday. :)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

“Mo Must Go” chants were heard towards the end of a brutal 2-1 loss to the Jets on Friday. :)

Barring a ten game winning streak (which shouldnt matter but would), I dont see how the Jets can extent Maurice.  They *might* keep him and see if he can come out of the gates next season firing if they really believe that strongly in him. But the risk there is, if he fails, you are firing him mid-season.

The right call is to fire him, probably asap so the search can begin immediately.  You have a young team...bring in a whole new set of coaches.

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

I tweeted this out and its going all over the place now!  Youll be hearing a lot more Mo Must Go chants.  Dont see how the Jets can keep him. 

How can they make excuses when that article shows us the exact same result with the same coach.  Im sure Maurice is very smart.  And he's a bonafide NHL coach so he isnt "bad", but his tendencies result in what we're seeing.  Liking Winnipeg isnt reason enough to keep him.

Interesting that 1290 Is talking about Maurice and how he's lost the room... cjob also talking about the same. 

The TNSE overlords must be sending out the message that perhaps Maurice is indeed on the hot seat.  1290 wouldn't talk about it without it being ok with TN. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Interesting that 1290 Is talking about Maurice and how he's lost the room... cjob also talking about the same. 

The TNSE overlords must be sending out the message that perhaps Maurice is indeed on the hot seat.  1290 wouldn't talk about it without it being ok with TN. 

Really??  I only caught brief snip of 1290 this morning, didnt hear any jets talk.  That would be a change in the narrative.  Will be interesting to see what Lawless says.  He saw the article you posted...

On the big show they were definitely talking about Maurice and him losing the room.  How these last few games have reminded them of the effort we saw prior to Noel being fired.

You can say we lost 3 2 to Chicago. But 5 2 it was but easily could have been a blowout without the empty net goals. Tampa? 3 1 but again easily could have been 8 9 1 also.

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

On the big show they were definitely talking about Maurice and him losing the room.  How these last few games have reminded them of the effort we saw prior to Noel being fired.

You can say we lost 3 2 to Chicago. But 5 2 it was but easily could have been a blowout without the empty net goals. Tampa? 3 1 but again easily could have been 8 9 1 also.

I think the team is sick if losing.  And we can talk personal accountability but you cant fire the players.  So lost the room?  Yeah I guess so.  Maybe not as simple as a dislike for Maurice but probably a realization among the players that its another wasted season and when will it change?  Maurice cant make them F'N cry anymore? 

He's dead man walking.  Its abundantly clear.  What is Chevy going to do, give him a three year extension and a year from now they are really facked?  If Chevy gives him an extension, then Chevy is tieing his own can to Maurice's.  I cant imagine Chipman lets him.

By all accounts, Chipman is furious with what is happening.  This is a guy who was ready to strangle someone because fans wanted to wear a helmet to the games as a joke.  And he's moved media away from him because he cant *not* react negatively to whats happening.  Something is going to give.

Jets likely get a good pick again.  Chevy cleans house of all coaching staff, hires a reputable HC who hires his own assistants and we start fresh.  And I'd honestly go full youth movement.  Why pay Buff $7+million when he will be gone by the time the Jets compete?

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think the team is sick if losing.  And we can talk personal accountability but you cant fire the players.  So lost the room?  Yeah I guess so.  Maybe not as simple as a dislike for Maurice but probably a realization among the players that its another wasted season and when will it change?  Maurice cant make them F'N cry anymore? 

He's dead man walking.  Its abundantly clear.  What is Chevy going to do, give him a three year extension and a year from now they are really facked?  If Chevy gives him an extension, then Chevy is tieing his own can to Maurice's.  I cant imagine Chipman lets him.

By all accounts, Chipman is furious with what is happening.  This is a guy who was ready to strangle someone because fans wanted to wear a helmet to the games as a joke.  And he's moved media away from him because he cant *not* react negatively to whats happening.  Something is going to give.

Jets likely get a good pick again.  Chevy cleans house of all coaching staff, hires a reputable HC who hires his own assistants and we start fresh.  And I'd honestly go full youth movement.  Why pay Buff $7+million when he will be gone by the time the Jets compete?

He has a nmc but besides that... our entire d zone play is awful. It's not just buff