RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

If they keep Maurice, he needs to clear out his assistants.

I don't understand this...his assistants are under Maurice's direction...really what difference would it make...never heard of a great HC who was saddled with assistants that affected his coaching ability.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

The Jets are a playoff team as soon as Maurice plays his fourth line and 3rd D pairing for more than 7 minutes a game...

With Dano and Copp back, talent is there to roll four lines - moreso if Connor and Roslo make the move next year

Enstrom and Myers are a pretty impressive 3rd pairing - but no way Maurice ever goes for that.  He'll demote Trouba first.

On paper, yes.  But again, the team is too often unprepared, lacks effort and cant handle adversity during a game.  That's on coaching.  So all the talent in the world wont be enough if the coaching sucks.  Pens were flat awful most of last season until the fired their coach and then won the cup.  Coaching should enhance the talent that is here, not try to force talent to enhance the coaching.

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

I don't understand this...his assistants are under Maurice's direction...really what difference would it make...never heard of a great HC who was saddled with assistants that affected his coaching ability.

Its already been documented how many goalie coaches Montreal went through when Price was developing.  They made changes looking for the best coach for Price.

The team D has sucked since Day One so either Maurice is as bad as Noel was or the one constant, Huddy, maintains a lot of control over the D.  Time for him to go.

Just now, bb1 said:

I want blood!

But, seriously, something needs to change. The players are not responding to the coaches now. If they keep PoMo, what makes us think they'll start listening? This group cannot effect change, so I would like to see a new group.

The Jets defensive structure (lack of) and players like Buff and Engstrom were raked over the coals on Trade Centre ... good! PM has to take a big part of the blame just like he took the credit 2 seasons ago. Not sure why it's so bad but one of the commentators called the Jets the 2nd worst defensive team in the league and I agree.

4 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

The Jets defensive structure (lack of) and players like Buff and Engstrom were raked over the coals on Trade Centre ... good! PM has to take a big part of the blame just like he took the credit 2 seasons ago. Not sure why it's so bad but one of the commentators called the Jets the 2nd worst defensive team in the league and I agree.

First, why are you Rick-rolling us?

Second, I agree. They look so disorganized.

And, they play Buff too much. Why is it so hard to cut his minutes? I know it means sending the 5/6 pairing but they are not worse once Buff gets above 24 minutes.

Just now, JCon said:

And, they play Buff too much. Why is it so hard to cut his minutes? I know it means sending the 5/6 pairing but they are not worse once Buff gets above 24 minutes.

Maurice hates Postma.  The end.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Now that Trouba/Morrissey is the defacto top pairing, there is no excuse for it.  Sure, Myers is out.  But Jets are done.  So Buff should be cut right back to 20 minutes MAX per game.  See what happens.  If 5/6 are so bad, they cant play normal minutes for that position, then Chevy should be fired for utter failure.  Could have Stone for nothing.

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

What? Wait a minute ... hang on I'll fix that ...

Not sure why it's so bad but one of the commentators called the Jets the 2nd worst defensive team in the league and I agree.

It's amazing that a team playing in the NHL could be so disorganized in their defensive structure. I'm not completely sure who is the mastermind behind their system, but it is an utter failure. Scramble defence is not a defence. 

Now, in the Jet's defence, well actually, there is no defence of the Jets defence, so....big changes have to be made, or it will be more of the same.

And this team has too many good pieces to stay the course.

Chevy says he traded Stafford so that Maurice has a roster spot to develop a young talent during the rest of their run to the playoffs...

Tim Campbell saying that Maurice should totally be signed to an extension because 'it would send the wrong message to the young guys saying that the system they're playing right now is the wrong one'...

giphy.gif

If Maurice is back.. that's fine. I just hope he brings in new assistants. It's interesting cuz the kids ( Laine ehlers Scheif Lowry Trouba Morrissey ) have all probably exceeded expectations.  Guys like buff Toby Perreault Stafford... I think they are below expectations so it does make you wonder if you move on from some of the remaining vets... perhaps the Jets are actually better. 

Will be an interesting summer 

Edited by Goalie

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If Maurice is back.. that's fine. I just hope he brings in new assistants. It's interesting cuz the kids ( Laine ehlers Scheif Lowry Trouba Morrissey ) have all probably exceeded expectations.  Guys like buff Toby Perreault Stafford... I think they are below expectations so it does make you wonder if you move on from some of the remaining vets... perhaps the Jets are actually better. 

Will be an interesting summer 

Chevy also credited coaching with how well the rookies - specifically Ehlers and Morrissey - are developing

Then he stole my line and compared Hellebuyck to Carey Price.

No assistants are being fired...  he blamed most of the problems on Myers being injured.

Edited by Floyd

Yes just saw on Twitter our goals against per game has gone up since the start of the year.... from less than 3 per game to well over 3.....yea that's cause Myers has been out the whole year??? well sign him to an extension Chevy .....PM has done wonders the last 2 years......the Jets fans can wait a couple more years to get to the playoffs no problem...??

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well I never want to buy a lottery ticket and not win the jackpot. 

I hear what you're saying but where I pulled that quote was when PM was giving a bit of a dig to Mike Babcock on how they approach younger players and what the expectations are of them. So to go back to your analogy, I'm not going to buy those lottery tickets just yet because I don't believe at all I have a chance of winning.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

They will be 2 points behind LA after LA loses to Vancouver tonight. Like it or not they have a very real chance at making the playoffs. They are getting hot at the right time while other teams are starting to lose more 

Well they have to go 13-4. So is that a real chance? Yes. Is it a reasonable chance? No. 

We do this. We want the coach fired and half the team traded and then they play a couple of solid games and we're all believers again. Jets have never ever shown that our faith is deserved. Until they do, don't bet on them bucking the odds. They won't make the playoffs. 

They will play well. And we will forget the rest of the season. And Maurice gets an extension. And we can't wait for next season to begin so we can have our hearts broken again.