RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Call me crazy but I think Chevy gives him more than 5 or 6 games with a healthy roster before firing him mid-season.

4-3 in the last 7 games...step back from the ledge.

He and Chevy agreed to dump Pav to Moose so I cant see Chevy saying, "Yeah, I know we agreed to run the season with the young g's but it's not working out and you gotta pay the price."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter-Tessier/Jets-Fans-Guide-to-2017/161/81771

What we do know, and I’m not the originator in this observation by any means, is that the Jets are a low event team. That’s a consensus observation and backed by data. At even strength, or 5 vs 5, the Jets hold their own for the most part. Their number one goalie has a save percentage in the higher third of league goalies, the Jets keep the puck well enough and they prevent shots and scoring chances against to a decent and manageable rate.

Where it, the other aspects of the game, falls apart is offence and special teams.

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

By issues you mean PK, penalties and goaltending?

Those 3 all go together like a horse and carriage. Penalties lead to the PK which leads to goals against.  Hey.  You posted something about the Jets giving up X amount of goals.... I have an idea for you.... find out how many of those goals were a result of penalties leading to the PK 

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Hey, I have an idea, look up our goalies sv percentages.

Helle

1st year - 28GP, .918, 2.34, 2SO

2nd year - 28GP, .909, 2.71, 2SO

Price

1st year - 41 GP, .920, 2.56, 3SO

2nd year - 52 GP, .905, 2.83, 1SO

But yeah, let's give up on Helle, he'll never amount to anything. 

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Who said let's give up on Helle?

Oh no he said something bad about our goalie!!!!!!! wah wah wah wah make him stopppppppppp

I'm sorry Ducky, you have some very valid points.  Some great insight.  Good job, friend!!

meltdown-ski-child-win.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

At least some other posters know what they are talking about and even when I disagree with them, I might see where they are coming from but you haven't got a clue...really.

You mean like when I said Petan should be in the NHL, Stuart was washed up and that Stafford had lost a step... ?

No, when I said Stanley was drafted because Myers' career is finished.

No, when Comrie would have to be protected if he played with the Jets this year.

No, when I said Armia has about 14 games to play before he has to be protected.

give it up already...

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

too bad the whole game isn't played 5 on 5

It would be if the Jets didn't take penalties.  Are you serious tho. If you don't think our penalties lack of discipline and crap pk Is a major reason for our struggles you are out to lunch. We have the 2nd 3rd or worst pk in the league and take tons of penalties.  It's tge biggest issue with this team and has been since Maurice was named coach 

Edited by Goalie

Is goaltending our single biggest reason we are not doing too well? No.

Is it one of the reasons? Yes.

I mean really, nobody can criticize someone for a bad game or games?

Admit it, our goaltending isn't where it needs to be.

Neither is the PK or the overall team D. Neither is our play in the NZ.

By the way, I looked it up and said we had a 50/50 chance of making it to the playoffs just before the season started so I guess i ahd a bit more hope than I remembered.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

It would be if the Jets didn't take penalties.  Are you serious tho. If you don't think our penalties lack of discipline and crap pk Is a major reason for our struggles you are out to lunch 

Everyone takes penalties. We take too much and can't kill them. Coaching? yup.

Definitely is a problem and I haven't ever said it wasn't.

I just honestly don't see us making the playoffs and haven't for some time. I don't see us making up the points we need to when we are on pace for around 77 points. I said before and still believe we will start playing better around the middle of this month but too little too late.

I think it would be best to look at some more younger players.

Take a look at Roslo for 4 or 5 games before the end of the year. Call Comrie up (could do that right now AND keep Hutch up with Burmi gone) to see what he can do in the bigs....give him 3 starts in 10 games behind Helle. Let him ride the planes and get big money for 2 or 3 weeks.

Take a look at Lemieux, Connor, De Leo. Bring Tanev back up.