US Politics

Rich

A man with integrity...

(CNN) - A Trump appointee tasked with advising the administration on federal civil servants' pay has resigned over his objections to a new executive order that appears to provide the President more leeway in the hiring and firing of federal employees deemed disloyal.

On its surface, the President's Executive Order purports to serve a legitimate and laudable purpose ... that is, to hold career Federal employees 'more accountable' for their performance," Sanders wrote. "However, it is clear that its stated purpose notwithstanding, the Executive Order is nothing more than a smokescreen for what is clearly an attempt to require the political loyalty of those who advise the President, or failing that, to enable their removal with little if any due process." 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/27/politics/trump-administration-executive-order-federal-salary-council/index.html

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, @JCon had suggested:

Which is a really solid idea and would mitigate a lot issues.

I also like Buttegieg's idea of GOP pick 5, Dems pick 5 and then those 10 justices appoint another 5 with unanimous consent.- for a total of 15 SCOTUS Justices. 

I hate that idea.  All you will get it gridlock in choosing judges. There will also be so many side deals and corruption. It would just bring even more politics into the court. No wonder Buttegieg likes it. 

City leaders to Trump: Pay your bills, help us fight the coronavirus: 
Fourteen city governments say the president's campaign now owes them a collective $1.82 million. The campaign says it's not responsible.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/city-leaders-trump-pay-your-bills-help-us-fight-coronavirus-n1184646

Much more detailed reporting on these next two by Washington Post, and NYT.....if you can access them

$3 for a Glass of Water? Trump Reportedly Charged US Government Millions to His Businesses
https://www.mediaite.com/print/3-for-a-glass-of-water-trump-reportedly-charged-us-government-millions-to-his-businesses/

Trump defends business practices after report he failed to pay millions in debt
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/523099-trump-defends-business-practices-after-report-he-failed-to-pay

Scorecard to date:

Ripped off contractors in NYC
Ripped off Trump University students
Ripped off sick kids (Trump Foundation)
Didn't pay enough taxes
Doesn't pay debts
Doesn't pay Campaign bills
Rips off American taxpayers as President (much, much more to come out on that topic)

But to be fair.....he did pay his taxes on those secret Chinese bank accounts.

"I'm not going to quibble over semantics."

Q: Hospitals in Wisconsin are near capacity. Does that give Pence any pause in heading there today for a big rally?

GIDLEY: "No, it doesn't. The VP has the best doctors in the world around him ... the American people have the right under the 1st amendment to peaceably assemble"

Edited by Mr Dee

*Paywall

NEW: @realDonaldTrump's tax records show that big banks and hedge funds gave him hundreds of millions of dollars of financial breaks.

Trump managed to avoid paying taxes on almost all of it.

Latest in @nytimes tax series. by me, @russbuettner, etc.

if you can't trust Hogan Gidley, we're all in trouble!

I think Hogan's parents chose between Hogan, Crenshaw, palmer and Trevino.

I think they should have gone with Crenshaw.

How do folks,  Crenshaw Gidley's the name. bullshitting is the game.

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I dont understand how this is huge news- its not like trump is famous for his empathy and concern for the safety and wellbeing of his supporters.

Trump supporter: "I came for the Covid, but stayed for the hypothermia." 

Edit: Damn it, I keep hitting quote when I try to edit things... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

This is the beginning of the scorched-earth policy that the GOP and Trump are instituting to punish America for voting them out and it is only going to get worse from here on. They will scramble to enrich themselves and try to shield themselves from criminal charges.  It will escalate after the election and then the violence and threats will reach heights not seen in America since their last civil war. Canada will probably have to restrict Americans from flooding over the border even further.

Conservative Twitter losing it’s mind this morning over Tucker Carlson’s interview with Tony Bobulinski, a “business associate” of Hunter Biden, who has “shocking proof” of Joe’s side business deals with China. Two main talking points are

(a) how this will blow the lid off the Biden campaign and lead to criminal prosecution against the Biden crime family (the projection of the President’s supporters is really quite something), which so far has led to.............um, nothing of the sort

(b) how scandalous it is that NO OTHER mainstream media is even picking up the story, and it is not trending on Twitter proving the massive bias and cover-up to protect Joe. 

Now I don’t know all of the facts, and can’t say for sure if the whole laptop from hell etc. is phony or not. The optics of it look very suspect as a legit story given the source of the information. But what I really have to laugh at now is how Trump is whining on Twitter that no one believes this story and refuses to cover it. Trump has lied so often in the past 4 years and about such dumb stuff and easily disprovable claims at times (biggest inauguration, I never said I don’t take responsibility) that he has become the boy who cries wolf. Even If the Biden story is 100% real, there is smug satisfaction that Trump’s own serial lying behaviour has sabotaged any possibility that he will be believed now. You screwed yourself there, stable genius. And the whole “boy who cries wolf” parable was one I learned in Grade One. You are what, 74 years old?