US Politics

Rich

This is what terrifies trump.  He’s a racist president running against someone who, for whatever reason, can excite the black vote.   And those republican voters sickened by trump can see a way towards voting for Biden.  It really should be a land slide for Biden 

Even if he has some gaffes or forgets something or baubles a line, it’s not like he’s running against a great orator like clinton   It’s trump, who has basic issues with the English language  

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Do you have any data to back that up, because I'm not convinced it's true.  Being a white man is an automatic +10 in America (and many parts of Canada).

The Democrats absolutely need the black and suburban white women votes and Biden (for whatever reason) brings those.

He's far from my first choice, but I'm pulling for him if he's the nominee.

Good point- I am just going by my circle of friends and family, there is no actual data to back up my previous statement. Plus- I am a little pissed that the establishment circle their wagons. 

So, yeah- I will retract my comment about Biden being less popular than HRC.

49 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good point- I am just going by my circle of friends and family, there is no actual data to back up my previous statement. Plus- I am a little pissed that the establishment circle their wagons. 

So, yeah- I will retract my comment about Biden being less popular than HRC.

I'm pissed at the establishment too, but I'm terrified about what 4 more years of Trump can do to the world (not just the U.S.).  What Sanders and Warren are proposing aren't actually radical, but real change takes time.  The reality is there are a lot of people in swing states who hate Trump the person who will still vote for him cuz "soshulizm".  Ten years ago, a Democrat could not call himself a "liberal" and single-payer healthcare was a pipedream. Look how far we've come.   

The democratic primary process isn't really that different than trying to figure out how to best use your non-Conservative vote in Canada.  That's why we get Trudeaus and Chretiens instead of Laytons and Mays.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This is what terrifies trump.  He’s a racist president running against someone who, for whatever reason, can excite the black vote.   And those republican voters sickened by trump can see a way towards voting for Biden.  It really should be a land slide for Biden 

Even if he has some gaffes or forgets something or baubles a line, it’s not like he’s running against a great orator like clinton   It’s trump, who has basic issues with the English language  

Majority of American blacks vote Democrat. Stop the presses.

The Biden people must read my posts.
Listening to Joe this morning.....all kinds of talk about "decency, honour, character, diversity. equality, teamwork"    You know, the stuff that Trump lacks.

Yup, "above the fray".   Or if you prefer,....Make America Nice Again.  

Edited by do or die

1 minute ago, do or die said:

The Biden people must read my posts.
Listening to Joe this morning.....all kinds of about "decency, honour, character, diversity. teamwork"    You know, the stuff that Trump lacks.

Yup, "above the fray".   Or if you prefer,....Make America Nice Again.  

Those wonderful qualities he has were certainly on display his entire political life and most recently in business dealings in the Ukraine. Scrutiny will only intensify.

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

Those wonderful qualities he has were certainly on display his entire political life and most recently in business dealings in the Ukraine. Scrutiny will only intensify.

I was not assigning qualities to Biden.  It was simply referring to what he had to do (as politician) to have some electoral success.   Too bad you were too busy with the drive-by, there.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Went over your head didnt it?    Dont blame you for being testy about that given your support of a guy with...ahem, questionable beliefs.

Free market capitilism, economic nationalism, enforcing immigration law,  yeah, Trump is an absolute maniac.God save us all.

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

I was not assigning qualities to Biden.  It was simply referring to what he had to do (as politician) to have some electoral success.   Too bad you were too busy with the drive-by, there.

Not a drive by at all. If you think Biden can win on a personal virtue contest vs Trump,it's not so clear cut. Scrutiny of Biden will be ramped up far beyond what's going on now.

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Free market capitilism, economic nationalism, enforcing immigration law,  yeah, Trump is an absolute maniac.God save us all.

Racist, serial sexual abuser, rapist, misogynist, moron, criminal.  Which qualities do you like the most? 

Just now, Zontar said:

Not a drive by at all. If you think Biden can win on a personal virtue contest vs Trump,it's not so clear cut. Scrutiny of Biden will be ramped up far beyond what's going on now.

And no, I don't believe that it is simply a person virtue contest vs Trump.  Because, pretty well anyone would beat him in those qualities. 
I simply laid out what Biden has to do tacitly.  It is also only one half of the equation .  Needs the VP slot to actually provide some zip and the attributes I detailed in an earlier post.

Simply read the thing, and you won't have to bother interpreting what I supposedly am thinking.

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

And no, I don't believe that it is simply a person virtue contest vs Trump.  Because, pretty well anyone would beat him in those qualities. 
I simply laid out what Biden has to do tacitly.  It is also only one half of the equation .  Needs the VP slot to actually provide some zip and the attributes I detailed in an earlier post.

Simply read the thing, and you won't have to bother interpreting what I supposedly am thinking.

Then if it isn't "vote for me, I'm not like Trump" then what else is there for Biden to campaign on ?

Identity politics, job killing climate stuff,  big government goodies that raise taxes won't solve the divide and win him  an election.

16 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Then if it isn't "vote for me, I'm not like Trump" then what else is there for Biden to campaign on ?

Identity politics, job killing climate stuff,  big government goodies that raise taxes won't solve the divide and win him  an election.

Well, people voted for Trump and his one-liners

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

How are his tariffs and trade wars free market capitalism exactly? That's government interference in free markets... economic nationalism and free market capitalism are incompatible in the current world. 

As far as enforcing immigration law.... there are plenty of examples of them overstepping their bounds on that one. You can enforce the law without separating families and jailing children. But hey, they're brown people amirite?