US Politics

Rich

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ignorance and small mindedness. The hallmarks of trump supporters. 

Terrified of the world moving forward.

When progressives have to face up to the absurdities of their own newly discovered  cherished beliefs "critical thinking" , "logic" and "science" goes out the window and it's reduced to point and splutter personal attacks.

Pointing  out inconsistencies and absurdiities in ideologies is fair game. Just don't try and sell people that "progressives" have cornered the market on logic and morality....when it fails so clearly on many facets like so many other ideologies. 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ignorance and small mindedness. The hallmarks of trump supporters. 

Terrified of the world moving forward.

When progressives have to face up to the absurdities of their own newly discovered  cherished beliefs "critical thinking" , "logic" and "science" goes out the window and it's reduced to point and splutter personal attacks.

Pointing  out inconsistencies and absurdiities in ideologies is fair game. Just don't try and sell people that "progressives" have cornered the market on logic and morality....when it fails so clearly on many facets like so many other ideologies. 

9 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Why does the bits someone has between their legs and their choice of gender identity matter one iota to you? 

That's the only ideology here. Their life their choices who the **** cares?

It's not that progressives have cornered the market on logic, it's that regressives have completely rejected it.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why does the bits someone has between their legs and their choice of gender identity matter one iota to you? 

It's not that progressives have cornered the market on logic, it's that regressives have completely rejected it.

When society is constantly re engineered to accommodate the latest identity politics fad, no matter how potentially damaging or ill conceived it ceases to be a personal , private opinion since as members of a society we all have a stake in what happens next.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People fear what they don't understand, which is why idiots cling onto this stuff. Then, they lash out in anger. It's why the alt-right is so violent and hateful (to the point of torturing and murdering people). 

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

When society is constantly re engineered to accommodate the latest identity politics fad, no matter how potentially damaging or ill conceived it ceases to be a personal , private opinion since as members of a society we all have a stake in what happens next.

Sure, except the latest identify politics fad.....is Trump and his MAGA BS, fuelled by Alt Right fear and hate mongering....

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Sure, except the latest identify politics fad.....is Trump and his MAGA BS, fuelled by Alt Right fear and hate mongering....

Difference being he can be voted out . Profound society changes are just thrust upon society and  called "progress" no matter what the outcome.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

People fighting for gender and racial equality is a fad now...? Cool. Feel free to go play in traffic.

Race and gender do not exist.  They are patriarchal constructs to maintain power something...something..

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone on here buys that crap. 

You are cherrypicking the absolute extreme and holding that standard to all progressives...  

He's seemingly trolling and exposing some very...ahem, unflattering personal opinions that most places wouldn't tolerate.   

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone on here buys that crap. 

You are cherrypicking the absolute extreme and holding that standard to all progressives...  

Every critic of open borders immigration must be a racist. Critics of Drag Time Story Hour must hate homosexuals.

So, instead of a discussion about Warren, this thread gets derailed yet again. Bleh.

I'm curious where her supporters will go. Some are closer to Sanders in terms of belief's, but I'd think there is a strong urge to just get Biden and be done, as that seems inevitable. Course the same could have been said years ago with Clinton, and we see how that worked out.

1 minute ago, tacklewasher said:

So, instead of a discussion about Warren, this thread gets derailed yet again. Bleh.

I'm curious where her supporters will go. Some are closer to Sanders in terms of belief's, but I'd think there is a strong urge to just get Biden and be done, as that seems inevitable. Course the same could have been said years ago with Clinton, and we see how that worked out.

Yeah I saw a lot of chatter that if she didnt endorse, her peeps would more likely go to Biden.  But it sounds like a lot of backroom talks happening.  I saw someone mention that she would have played a key role in a Hilary admin as sort of an influencer and would get that with Biden too.

1 minute ago, tacklewasher said:

Like Thanos, I think Biden is inevitable. He's such a poor pick for a crumbling country but he can beat Trump. People are tired of drama and non-radicalized Republicans can vote for him. Mediocrity rises to the top but it's better than the alternative. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah I saw a lot of chatter that if she didnt endorse, her peeps would more likely go to Biden.  But it sounds like a lot of backroom talks happening.  I saw someone mention that she would have played a key role in a Hilary admin as sort of an influencer and would get that with Biden too.

I could see her in a top cabinet position. I hope Bernie can get behind Biden and get over the scorched earth that happened last time. 

Just now, JCon said:

Like Thanos, I think Biden is inevitable. He's such a poor pick for a crumbling country but he can beat Trump. People are tired of drama and non-radicalized Republicans can vote for him. Mediocrity rises to the top but it's better than the alternative. 

I really believe it could be for the best.  Like a calming, familiar, presence to repair the country after Trump (not to mention a lot of investigations are going to be conducted into his admin)...I see Biden as a one term pres obviously.  He ushers in a more progressive era.  Slow and steady.   A slow turn to the left rather than an immediate sharp jerk to the left.  With Sanders & Warren, there are very strong progressive influences.  Plus several younger "rock star" type Democrats.  Its the way their going.  But the moderates are important too.

Just now, JCon said:

I could see her in a top cabinet position. I hope Bernie can get behind Biden and get over the scorched earth that happened last time. 

If its Biden, we'll learn quickly what kind of person Bernie is.  Anything but a full throated endorsement and support would make true everything people say about him.  Im optimistic.  

6 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

She has a choice. Support the guy who she said a woman can't be president ( Sanders). Support the business as usual career swamper who doesn't beleive in anything (Biden). What a choice.