In Case You're Interested????

Mr Dee

20 hours ago, blitzmore said:

Well Tracker...then you can always go cheer for some other team...we would hate for you to be sad.

How sad would you be if Nichol's had had his knee blown out in a game he didn't need to be playing in?

Edited by J5V
minor correction

On 11/7/2016 at 4:12 PM, J5V said:

How sad would you be if Nichol's had had his knee blown out in a game he didn't need to be playing in?

how sad would you be if Nichols blew out his knee in a meaningful game?... it's a blow to the team no matter when it happens... and in football, that can be at any time...

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Except he did need to be playing in that game. 

Or what? Had we lost with Glenn we would have crossed over to the East. I think we still would have won with Glenn but moving over to the ESF doesn't sound like too much of a penalty.

Edited by tracker

42 minutes ago, tracker said:

Or what? Had we lost with Glenn we would have crossed over to the East. I think we still would have won with Glenn but moving over to the ESF doesn't sound like too much of a penalty.

When Nichols was taking those shots to his knees/shins we already had the game well in hand and Ottawa was playing their scrubs. I maintain that at that point in the game, a smart coach would have sat Nichols, played Glenn, and all would have been well. Had Ottawa pulled off some kind of improbable comeback that we couldn't respond to then so what? As you say we go East. But the dumbest thing to do was to leave our #1 QB in there to get injured which he very nearly did. We've seen 3 years of this stubborn lunacy from O'Shea and it's already cost us a franchise QB. Now we see that Nichols could have needlessly come up lame from one of those late hits and been unable to go on Sunday. Luckily the shot to Nichols knee was a few millimeters away from ending his season.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

People forget too easily that glenn tore the same ottawa defense that gave us FITS with bench warmers to the sum of 25/30 382 5 tds 0 picks. While nichols put up 3 tds and 4 picks in 2 games against them. With a horrible OL and limited offensive weapons. Nichols threw 5 tds, (6 picks) in his last 4 games. 

Nichols needed to start, to shake off the first ott game. To get sharp and get the offensive in sync. But he should have been pulled around half time. 

16 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The next game is the biggest of Nichols career.  If he bombs out he's going to have to deal with an off-season of doubt and some stiff competition at next year's TC.  If he plays well and wins, he's going to occupy a page in O'Shea's good book for life and it'll be many years before we see his replacement emerge.

In that circumstance, assuming we bring him back is hardly a given.

15 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

In that circumstance, assuming we bring him back is hardly a given.

Oh I believe they'll do everything in their power to bring Nichols back, as they should.  Until another outplays him, he's number one and that may not happen until he goes down with injury sometime in the future.

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The next game is the biggest of Nichols career.  If he bombs out he's going to have to deal with an off-season of doubt and some stiff competition at next year's TC.  If he plays well and wins, he's going to occupy a page in O'Shea's good book for life and it'll be many years before we see his replacement emerge.

Historically, the Bombers have not been good at bringing in stiff competition at the QB position- we've been fortunate have even one good QB in camp.

15 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Oh I believe they'll do everything in their power to bring Nichols back, as they should.  Until another outplays him, he's number one and that may not happen until he goes down with injury sometime in the future.

I dont think they will throw elite money at him, and shouldnt. But I do think they will give him legit starting QB money for say 2 years even if we lose and hes brutal. Hes allready a MOS guy. It doesnt take clutch big game performances for that. Atleast for guys who play D/sts.

4 hours ago, tracker said:

Historically, the Bombers have not been good at bringing in stiff competition at the QB position- we've been fortunate have even one good QB in camp.

They have tried but yeah. nichols/willy and glenn/khari is all I can think of. And both times it was pre determined going into the pre season who the starter was. 

19 hours ago, tracker said:

Optics starting Glenn against Ott last week would not have been good on a few fronts.  

One front being our goal was to win a home playoff game (read revenue) not to make the East crossover. I do however agree Glenn needed more rep time in that game then he had. 

I'm not sure in which universe the Riders would have been assumed to beat the Lions, so if  that was the probable (even guaranteed) scenario, we weren't going to have a home playoff anyways, so where is the logic in risking the only quarterback we have had in a gazillion years who was good enough to get us into the playoffs? Realistically, the only thing at stake was playing BC or Hamilton.

3 hours ago, tracker said:

I'm not sure in which universe the Riders would have been assumed to beat the Lions, so if  that was the probable (even guaranteed) scenario, we weren't going to have a home playoff anyways, so where is the logic in risking the only quarterback we have had in a gazillion years who was good enough to get us into the playoffs? Realistically, the only thing at stake was playing BC or Hamilton.

Because it's pro ball and you play to win.  Otherwise there will be all sorts of people whining about how they mailed it in and how much the team sucks.  Not that we're likely to have any of that sort of stuff happening here...

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Because it's pro ball and you play to win.  Otherwise there will be all sorts of people whining about how they mailed it in and how much the team sucks.  Not that we're likely to have any of that sort of stuff happening here...

"Mailed it in?" Are you referring to the last home game against Ottawa?

"Mailed it in?" Are you referring to the last home game against Ottawa?

No, not at all.  For me, there is a huge difference between "mailing it in" and "crapping the bed".  Our last home game was the latter. They simply played poorly.  It happens.  I'm not a huge fan of Mike O'Shea, but I'm very confident that no team under him will ever "mail it in".  It's just not in his DNA.

Bob Irving was saying on the post game that a home playoff is worth at least half a million dollars to the hosting club. They had to try for it as unlikely as it was at that point.  That said, Glen could have won that game as easily as Nichols and gotten potentially valuable game reps with this team. Any way it's over and the only thing that matters is Sunday.

11 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

No, not at all.  For me, there is a huge difference between "mailing it in" and "crapping the bed".  Our last home game was the latter. They simply played poorly.  It happens.  I'm not a huge fan of Mike O'Shea, but I'm very confident that no team under him will ever "mail it in".  It's just not in his DNA.

I beg to differ. Not so much this year apart from the said game, but in the two previous years, there were many games in which the Bombers were showing by their body language that they did not expect to win and played like it. It may not have been O'Shea's fault- often the team just didn't have the horses, but the end result was the same- slowly onto the field and a step behind the other teams.

I beg to differ. Not so much this year apart from the said game, but in the two previous years, there were many games in which the Bombers were showing by their body language that they did not expect to win and played like it. It may not have been O'Shea's fault- often the team just didn't have the horses, but the end result was the same- slowly onto the field and a step behind the other teams.

It seems to me that you're trying to dredge up history that is not really relevant, nor all that accurate in my opinion, so I guess we will disagree and move on.