Game 4 : Leafs @ Panicking Already?

I had flashbacks to Selanne's rookie season.  75...76...77 Selanne's record goes to heaven...  nah, not likely.  But beauty of a game.

That was a heck of a line.  Laine-Scheif-Ehlers.  I liked that Laine kept the shot on the winning goal.  Thought he was going to try and pass it back to Ehlers (I think it was).  Great shot.

Felt bad for Hutch, who got hung out to dry a LOT last night, and then came up big when it counted. Whole team rallied in the 3rd and OT. That breakaway save he made in OT, that turned it around to send Laine the other way...that's humongous. The entire team is poor defensively...and I don't know enough to know why that is...

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jets were actually very good 5 on 5. They definitely won the puck possession battle.  

Pretty tough call on Buff for I guess being 2 big and then the one on Mathias there was interesting to say the least. Leafs scored 2 goals on the PP. Hutch was pretty good tho. Ya he let in 4 but 2 were on a PP and 1 he made the initial save.  

Laine wasn't great for 30 minutes nut was incredible for the other 30 minutes.  

Really like Laine with Ehlers. PoMo should definitely consider that a full time thing.  Connor was pretty good tonight... really strong. Stafford is to slow and can't keep up. Myers had his best game of the year. Jets were good tho.... they deserved to win... they were the better team.  

Agreed.  Especially the part in bold.  Stafford was terrible last night.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Felt bad for Hutch, who got hung out to dry a LOT last night, and then came up big when it counted. Whole team rallied in the 3rd and OT. That breakaway save he made in OT, that turned it around to send Laine the other way...that's humongous. The entire team is poor defensively...and I don't know enough to know why that is...

One might start looking at the D corps. With no Trouba the talent falls off pretty hard and fast after the top 3. 

54 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Agreed.  Especially the part in bold.  Stafford was terrible last night.

Stafford appears to have lost some speed and strength, his shot doesn't even look good.  He has to put the puck in the net to be a useful player and it's not looking good so far.

5 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

That penalty on Matthias when he had a breakway???? Brutal call ... BTW, I think Sean is fitting in very well, a good pick up IMO. :)

I thought that was a valid penalty.  Pretty obvious he grabbed the stick and pulled the Leaf back to get his break away.

35 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Trade Staf and Burmi and call up Dano and Petan.

Laine Scheif Ehler;s

Connor Perreault Wheeler

Tanev Petan Armia

Matthias Lowry Dano

I would call up Copp or De Leo before calling up Petan.

I wouldn't shed a tear for Staf or Burmi. I still think Staf is good enough for the 3rd line until he hits his streak. He's also a good veteran that will help teach the kids the right way to play. But if we could get a decent pick for him now, I might go for it.

This morning, I have the feeling, after watching that comeback last night, that we witnessed something special in that game against the Leafs, and his name is Laine. 

It truly was a team effort comeback, but it was only made possible by that kid (18 1/2) who is the second youngest player to have scored a hat trick (since records were kept) from 87-88. (Jordan Staal) (also against Toronto)

And I absolutely love his new nickname "Hattrick Laine" 

Edited by Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This morning, I have the feeling, after watching that comeback last night, that we witnessed something special in that game against the Leafs, and his name is Laine. 

It truly was a team effort comeback, but it was only made possible by that kid (18 1/2) who is the second youngest player to have scored a hat trick since 87-88. (Jordan Stall) (also against Toronto)

And I absolutely love his new nickname "Hattrick Laine" 

who is this?

Jcon,

I just think we need a type of center that Petan is and not the game that Copp plays and I think De Leo should be called up when the team is playing well which it isn't...Petan is the type of center we need right now if his D game has improved...give him a shot and see where his progression is...you can always send him backdown.

I too would like to see Dano/Petan/Copp up with the big team.  We spent a lot of time last year developing these guys and now they are down with the Moose.  That Petan line last year with Copp and Armia was dangerous and fast, and very creative.  I'd like to see those three reunited.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I would call up Copp or De Leo before calling up Petan.

I wouldn't shed a tear for Staf or Burmi. I still think Staf is good enough for the 3rd line until he hits his streak. He's also a good veteran that will help teach the kids the right way to play. But if we could get a decent pick for him now, I might go for it.

I've had some time to reflect on my earlier thoughts....

I would hang onto Stafford now, unless he was part of a bigger package.

If the Jets are close to a playoff spot come January/February, he's exactly the type of player we would target. So, keep him now, wait and see.