Game 4 : Leafs @ Panicking Already?

29 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Stafford is super easy to move at the TD...  UFA so you don't have to protect him with maybe $1.5 mill cap hit?  Chevy will get something for him.  Prob 2nd rounder.

$1.5 mill average. At that time of year, teams only have a fraction of the cap left.

Point is, you're going to have a difficult time including him in any Trouba without taking some salary dollar back, like an experienced LHD like I mentioned earlier.

27 minutes ago, JCon said:

$1.5 mill average. At that time of year, teams only have a fraction of the cap left.

Point is, you're going to have a difficult time including him in any Trouba without taking some salary dollar back, like an experienced LHD like I mentioned earlier.

The cap is the same - its for the whole season...  plus there's always injuries.

I could see a team like Pittsburgh trading for Staff for another run - anyway, we'll see.

18 minutes ago, Floyd said:

The cap is the same - its for the whole season...  plus there's always injuries.

I could see a team like Pittsburgh trading for Staff for another run - anyway, we'll see.

I doubt that Pittsburgh will have the room given that they're at the cap right now. It would mean finding $1.5M in savings. That won't be easy unless a significant contract goes down injured for some time or if the Jets are willing to take on cap in return.  

If they could trade Fleury for a low paid goaltender that they could expose in the expansion draft. Unless they have one in the system, already?