Game 4 : Leafs @ Panicking Already?

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Leaning on my heart, not my head, I still believe the Jets make the playoffs this year. No way we lose faith after three games.

Once the Trouba situation gets resolved, the Jets take off.

Either Troubla comes back or he sits my thinking.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Just now, Floyd said:

Offer sheet Lindholm already.  Buff needs a D partner that can cover his ass.

He's ripe for an offer sheet but Jets wont do that.  The ducks have no means to match so Im surprised he hasnt been offer sheeted yet.  Unless he doesnt want one and is willing to sit at home for free while the Ducks work out their cap....pretty nice guy if thats the case.

Goaltending across the league after 3 games is questionable.... the average save percentage after 3 games is 899 and probably went down more after a few 7 spots went up. 

Helle and Hutch are fine. Jets just need to get their PP going and they will win more than they lose.  It's to early to be panicking 

I'm not sure our C depth is as bad as it looks right now.  I'm not a Burmi fan.  I think he is taking a spot from someone who could do a little better.  I'm talking about my man Chase De Leo.  Or possibly even Quinton Howden, who I'm not sure got a fair shake in training camp and has shown he can compete in the NHL.

Or COULD we do better with one of the kid lines from late last season?  De Leo - Copp - Armia?  Here are the line rushes this morning as reported by Free Press Jeff Hamilton:

1. Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
  2. Ehlers - Perreault - Stafford
  3. Connor - Burmi - Armia
  4. Matthias - Lowry - Tanev

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

we need a good playmaking defensively sound center like Little or RNH or Staal or someone like that.

Well yeah but we're talking about depth here... Nobody has a high end second line centre toiling away on the third line.  Well maybe some of the top teams might but I don't think they're eager to let them leave.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm not sure our C depth is as bad as it looks right now.  I'm not a Burmi fan.  I think he is taking a spot from someone who could do a little better.  I'm talking about my man Chase De Leo.  Or possibly even Quinton Howden, who I'm not sure got a fair shake in training camp and has shown he can compete in the NHL.

Or COULD we do better with one of the kid lines from late last season?  De Leo - Copp - Armia?  Here are the line rushes this morning as reported by Free Press Jeff Hamilton:

1. Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
  2. Ehlers - Perreault - Stafford
  3. Connor - Burmi - Armia
  4. Matthias - Lowry - Tanev

IMHO, I'd like to see Tanev getting third line minutes.