Week Of @ BC Game

Noeller

18 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The obvious choice to come out for Gurley isn't McDuffie or Flanders. It's Julian Posey.

It would leave us in a bit of a trouble spot if a DB got hurt tho. 

I'd maybe think an extra import LB comes off or McDuffie if he isn't good to go. 

Huge game tho. Bombers win and they go to 10 and 6 and have the season series vs BC. BC would move to 9 6. 

Edmonton loses let's say. Bombers would just need to basically win 1 of their remaining games vs Ottawa to pretty much get a home playoff game unless bc wins out in which case if the bombers win both vs Ottawa they still get a home playoff game 

Edited by Goalie

I'm just wondering what happened to our defense; and ST's.  At the beginning of the season I thought our defense was so good that no one could pass on us.  We had interceptions, knock downs, the likes it seemed like our defense was amazing and our offense was causing us to lose games.  Now our offense is putting up points; they are at least average.  But our defense seems to be below average. 

Why haven't we been able to make the same kind of adjustments as the offenses have.  It would be nice to see the team beat BC; but I didn't even think we would win one game let alone two.  It'll be exciting if we can win both!

Smith is redundant to me with Dressler and Denmark.  McDuffie and Gurley bring something unique, McDuffie is key on kickoffs too.  It's a tough call to sit a guy who makes good money, but our optimal roster right now would probably see Smith being the odd man out.  I just don't really see the need for him or how much of a role he can play.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

11 minutes ago, Tehedra said:

I'm just wondering what happened to our defense; and ST's.  At the beginning of the season I thought our defense was so good that no one could pass on us.  We had interceptions, knock downs, the likes it seemed like our defense was amazing and our offense was causing us to lose games.  Now our offense is putting up points; they are at least average.  But our defense seems to be below average. 

Why haven't we been able to make the same kind of adjustments as the offenses have.  It would be nice to see the team beat BC; but I didn't even think we would win one game let alone two.  It'll be exciting if we can win both!

We have played 15 games this year and so far our D has allowed 300+ yards of passing in 13 of those games.  Everyone, including Kilgore and Massoli, has passed all day on our D.  3 of those 13 games have had qbs throw for over 400 yards.  Our d is giving up an average of 343 passing yards a game.  Richie Hall is running a bend but don't break D which can be frustrating to watch.  Saying that, we are in playoffs and destroying every other team in the take away department.

34 minutes ago, Tehedra said:

I got bored and compared our offensive passing numbers to what other teams do to us.  So far our qbs have thrown for over 300 yards 5 times(compared to 13 times against our D)and we are 1-4 in those games.  And out of 15 games, our qbs have thrown for more yards than the other qb once and we lost that game.

58 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Smith is redundant to me with Dressler and Denmark.  McDuffie and Gurley bring something unique, McDuffie is key on kickoffs too.  It's a tough call to sit a guy who makes good money, but our optimal roster right now would probably see Smith being the odd man out.  I just don't really see the need for him or how much of a role he can play.

Good to see McDuffie getting some love now.  But if he isn't 100 percent then maybe it's him who sits.  Hard decision to make.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Last week the Bombers started 8 Nationals. I think Gurley starts over Feoli-Gudino and Warden comes off.

When Flanders goes in, one of Denmark/Smith/Gurley comes out and either Harris stays on or Feoli-Gudino goes in.

Warden doesn't need to come off... unless he will be replaced by another national.