Andrew Harris

wbbfan

Big question mark for our team this week. Im sure he will want to go and soldier it out. He kept trying to run last week while still being pretty banged up. Personally if he isnt 100% id like to see him sit this week and be 100% for the stretch run if possible. 

If he doesnt go, who should? Flanders means we have to shift the ratio. I certainly dont think we have NI wrs to step in for the imps we have. Hurl is hurt too. Db is too stacked imop to run a NI starter.(beyond loffler) I certainly wouldnt want to see us mess with the OL. Corney imop could start, but then we wouldnt have the NI depth to rotate or god forbid some one gets hurt on the edge. Maybe waggoner could step in? 

Other wise Maybe DI flanders and run our pair of NI rbs. Lochard certainly didnt look out of place. Id really like to see normand get some touches too. I think he could be a surprising tool on offense out side of blocking. And he could replace the blocking we get from harris. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Big question mark for our team this week. Im sure he will want to go and soldier it out. He kept trying to run last week while still being pretty banged up. Personally if he isnt 100% id like to see him sit this week and be 100% for the stretch run if possible. 

If he doesnt go, who should? Flanders means we have to shift the ratio. I certainly dont think we have NI wrs to step in for the imps we have. Hurl is hurt too. Db is too stacked imop to run a NI starter.(beyond loffler) I certainly wouldnt want to see us mess with the OL. Corney imop could start, but then we wouldnt have the NI depth to rotate or god forbid some one gets hurt on the edge. Maybe waggoner could step in? 

Other wise Maybe DI flanders and run our pair of NI rbs. Lochard certainly didnt look out of place. Id really like to see normand get some touches too. I think he could be a surprising tool on offense out side of blocking. And he could replace the blocking we get from harris. 

I'd like to see your last option, resting Harris shouldn't be a concern.  Plus it gives Flanders some game time and rewards JFG for his great game last week.  Denmark and JFG can rotate and Flanders and Lochard can rotate to even out the ratio.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'd like to see your last option, resting Harris shouldn't be a concern.  Plus it gives Flanders some game time and rewards JFG for his great game last week.  Denmark and JFG can rotate and Flanders and Lochard can rotate to even out the ratio.

That would be pretty good. burnette starting also frees up the DI slot. 

On 9/14/2016 at 4:57 PM, wbbfan said:

Are you suggesting that Waggoner could be our backup DE?  Am I missing something here or does the guy have any kind of track record at that position?  At least JFG and Richards are natural-born receivers.

I think our best option, if Harris can't go, is Flanders + JFG.

Edited by johnzo

Just now, johnzo said:

Are you suggesting that Waggoner could be our backup DE?  Am I missing something here or does the guy have any kind of track record at that position?  At least JFG and Richards are natural-born receivers.

I think our best option, if Harris can't go, is Flanders + JFG + Richards. Don't know which import receiver you bench to get Richards on the roster, though.

No in for wild. 

Don't forget he was also a game day decision for game one.  I'd rather keep running him if he looks like he can play... obviously if he is too injured, fine, but if he can play then he should.  No need to play it safe right now.

If Harris is down, I'd like to see us split snaps between Flanders and Lochard.  That way we can get a look at both of them and also rotate Denmark/JFG in and out of the lineup. 

Addison Richards is certainly getting eased in.....might be time for him to step forward. I didn't mind Lochard. Not interested in messing with the defence. And I agree, Harris gets the week off. He could barely jog during the game, we need him when the weather gets cold. I think we risk a much longer injury by playing Harris this week. Wild has a shoulder issue, he's likely out as well.

6 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Addison Richards is certainly getting eased in.....might be time for him to step forward. I didn't mind Lochard. Not interested in messing with the defence. And I agree, Harris gets the week off. He could barely jog during the game, we need him when the weather gets cold. I think we risk a much longer injury by playing Harris this week. Wild has a shoulder issue, he's likely out as well.

... eased in so that he leaves next year to the Riders in FA having not played for us.

Harris is an impossible guy to replace. So much of the offense revolves around him.

However i'm hoping our play calling is more aggressive against the Argonauts. Typically you use the run to open up the passing game, but i'm hoping we can use the pass to open up the run game and who ever is playing running back. Throw the ball down the field more so that those linebackers are backing off from the line. 

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Harris is an impossible guy to replace. So much of the offense revolves around him.

However i'm hoping our play calling is more aggressive against the Argonauts. Typically you use the run to open up the passing game, but i'm hoping we can use the pass to open up the run game and who ever is playing running back. Throw the ball down the field more so that those linebackers are backing off from the line. 

He is as hard to replace as any one on our team. Every one is replaceable though, because one day no matter what you get replaced. 

Yeah thats along the lines of what id do too. draws, and the run could take TO by surprise. I think between the 3 backs we can fill all the holes fairly well. Just not with one guy like we do with harris. 

I wouldnt have minded seeing JFG carry the ball. Hes a hard nosed kinda guy getting him the ball easier might improve his performance a whole bunch. 

We will/would probably do a lot more of the smith package, with wr runs. I imagine with mcduffie though. wr motion power toss, etc. That stuff could be help full to keep defenders honest we we do run too. if we have mcduffie in motion and have a 2nd fake hand off or run the end around To wouldnt be able to crash down as hard. I dont expect lochard, or flanders to be able to run through tackles in the backfield nearly as well as harris. Our OL will certainly have to step up and wrs too if harris is out. 

58 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He is as hard to replace as any one on our team. Every one is replaceable though, because one day no matter what you get replaced. 

Yeah thats along the lines of what id do too. draws, and the run could take TO by surprise. I think between the 3 backs we can fill all the holes fairly well. Just not with one guy like we do with harris. 

I wouldnt have minded seeing JFG carry the ball. Hes a hard nosed kinda guy getting him the ball easier might improve his performance a whole bunch. 

We will/would probably do a lot more of the smith package, with wr runs. I imagine with mcduffie though. wr motion power toss, etc. That stuff could be help full to keep defenders honest we we do run too. if we have mcduffie in motion and have a 2nd fake hand off or run the end around To wouldnt be able to crash down as hard. I dont expect lochard, or flanders to be able to run through tackles in the backfield nearly as well as harris. Our OL will certainly have to step up and wrs too if harris is out. 

only think I could invision when you said that was

Travis Coates: No, Mama!

Katie Coates: There's no hope for him now, Travis. He's suffering. You know we've got to do it.

Travis Coates: Yes, Mama. But he was my dog. I'll do it.

Image result for old yeller pics

The three options should be running a rotation on defence, rotating on offence, or returning to 3 starters on the Oline.

The last option is the one I like the least - a big part of our success is how clean we've kept Nichols.  Don't mess with it.

We have a lot more NI talent on the defensive side of the ball than the offensive side.  Rotate a bunch of players in there.  To me it's that simple, you go where the most talent is.

44 minutes ago, mbrg said:

The three options should be running a rotation on defence, rotating on offence, or returning to 3 starters on the Oline.

The last option is the one I like the least - a big part of our success is how clean we've kept Nichols.  Don't mess with it.

We have a lot more NI talent on the defensive side of the ball than the offensive side.  Rotate a bunch of players in there.  To me it's that simple, you go where the most talent is.

I don't see it... who do you rotate in on defence?  To me, Lochard/JFG is by far the most feasible option.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

I disagree.  They are already starting 3 on D and rotating a bunch of guys in.  I think that's pretty much the max you want there.  If you go to more and you lose a guy or two during the game it becomes total mayhem.  Rotating Flanders/JFG with Lochard/Denmark or McDuffie makes the most sense and is the least impactful on the entire roster IMO.