Everything posted by blueingreenland
-
B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask
Calgary's O line owned the Riders D line...and Calgary's D line owned the Riders Oline. They say the game is won in the trenches.
-
B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask
Calgary is back. Winnipeg better keep winning because if we have to go into Calgary for a Western Final in November, I don't like our chances. We need to finish first!
-
B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask
Yes, sadly. I've said all along that the stamps are STILL the team to beat in the west.
-
B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask
No way am I cheering for the Stamps. No way. Calgary is a FAR greater threat to the Bombers chances of finishing first. Think Dickinson, Hufnagel, and yes, BLM/Arbuckle.
-
B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask
B.C. is playing so bad, they are almost making Toronto look competent...and that is hard to do. This game may end in a 6-6 tie ( we'll give each team a field goal in the 2nd half too).
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
I agree
-
Bombers @ Lewis Ward's 47 yard missed FG Pre-game Thread
Yes, this jives with what I heard out of Regina last year too.
-
QB Accuracy Rankings
If I was the opposition defensive coordinator I would send the house on just about every other play against Nichols.
-
Week 3 Takeaways.
Now there's a name I haven't heard for a long, long time...Harry Knight (Brock's predecessor, wasn't he?)
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
Nichols is a game manager. That's what he is and always will be. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I hate it, but that's the way he is. He has the tools around him this year to win on any given night.
-
GDT: Argos @ 'Riders
A little hard to judge Franklin considering the offensive line ( and team) he's playing with.
-
GDT: Argos @ 'Riders
Agreed, that we need a bigger sample size on Fajardo...but don't rule him out just because he wasn't a starter his first 3 years...for further explanation see Jeremiah Masoli.
-
GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019
And some good blocking, especially early in the play
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
They are phasing that out by the end of 2019... someone should tell Chris so he can cash out😎
-
Esks vs Bombers Depth Charts
I noticed Matthew's is at Slot and Adam's is WR. Wasn't Matthew's lining up at WR during training camp or did I miss something?
-
CFL Week 2 Takeaways
I'd have to agree. Prices on everything seem to be going up and up including cable bills (Bell etc.) which funds the multi- million dollar athletes in the big leagues. That, and the fact that a lot of young people don't watch much live sports anymore.
-
Lions @ Eskimos
Edmonton looked good last night. I (almost) felt bad for Reilly. He could have been seriously hurt. B.C. has to realize there is a player (usually behind or beside the Q.B.) called the running back.
-
Brain Injuries and the future of football
I think football will look dramatically different 50 or a 100 years from now. We will always have violent sports like wrestling and MMA, but these sports can be filled by adults. Football needs a minor league system, and, as stated, parents are less inclined to consent to their children playing the sport. Dr. Daniel Amen, the leading neuro- psychiatrist in the world, whose clinics have done over 130,000 SPECT brain scans (functional brain scans that detect under-active and over-active areas of the brain) strongly recommends parents do not put their children in hockey, football, or soccer.
-
Riders @ RedBlacks
Ottawa got away with 2 offensive pi non calls this game. It may happen all the time and is very difficult to flag, but IMO they got away with 2 tonight that led to TD's. Great game for both QB's though. Very impressive!
-
Riders @ RedBlacks
My bad.
-
Riders @ RedBlacks
And who says the BB organization doesn't find good QB's! lol
-
Riders @ RedBlacks
Davis is finally getting a shot at #1...and making the most of it
-
Riders @ RedBlacks
Anyone surprised the Riders didn't challenge on that Ottawa TD? That was definitely offensive pass interference.
-
Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!
Yeah, I can't see the league not giving Harris a player of the week star.
-
Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!
Yes, but couldn't you say that about any player after any game? Football is played with 24 (or 22 NFL) players on the field who make plays and who make mistakes. I'd argue Nichols had the best game of any QB this week (maybe Harris in conversation too).