Everything posted by bearpants
-
New DB arriving?
It makes me feel old that the father of a current Bomber was still playing football in 2000...
-
New DB arriving?
I always found it curious that Roc was said to be filling in nicely at SAM during the pre-season when Leggett was out... yet he was never given that same opportunity in the regular season....
-
Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
I, too, am intrigued by this... someone spouts off a random accusation as fact with absolutely nothing to support it... Curious to see where this goes... or did the troll catch his bait?
-
What to do about the D?
you are correct about this... however, read the post by @Booch on page 4 of this thread and he explains how it might work...
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
-
Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
I would be embarrassed if my kid played on a football team that pulled a move like this...
- Smoke 'n' Mirrors
-
Derel Walker
Walker has re-signed with the Esks
-
Unbiased Commentary
To all the people who say 5 wins in a row are lucky... but 1 loss is clearly the true indicator of the team.... I've always wondered if the Bomber lost 5 in a row... then won one game in convincing fashion... would they believe the win is the true team??
-
Geoff Gray Cut By Pack
There was a lot of talk about Gray at the draft regarding his post-football future and what he really wants to do with his life... he wants to finish his engineering degree at U of M (eventually)... which means if he's a roster player in the NFL he'll put those plans on hold... but if he's just floating around on PRs he'd be more likely to come play for the Bombers and work on his engineering degree simultaneously... I also happen to know someone who taught Mr Gray in high school who said he is a big family guy and would like to be here, where all his family is... all that being said, it's not like I actually know the guy and all this could be incorrect speculation... I've just been lead to believe being a PR player in the NFL is not exactly high on his list of career goals...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Ekakitie is probably dressed too but I'm not sure if really getting any playing time...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Didn't Lokombo play WIL with BC?
-
Welcoming Other Fans
You know, the disappointing part about this sequence of events is it looked to heavily favour the Bomber... almost a sack, then a massive hit and subsequent defensive TD... but in reality it helped the Riders... no sack as he was not touched down, ruling was incomplete pass, rendering the hit and TD meaningless and Odell took 15 yards for the horse-collar on Durant...
-
Injury Report
This is something people forget... the Packers are notorious for investing time and money in priority UDFA'a... which Gray was... him not being game ready in his first TC is basically expected...
-
Lock of the Week 11
Now that I'm good... I'll actually have something to cheer for in the Ham/Tor game... no Green TD! (same thing applies to sunday afternoon)
-
Rodblacks @ Als
Whether they admit it or not... Montreal is in a rebuild.... but trading away Vernon Adams seems like the dumbest thing they could do... who are they developing to take over from Durant next year or the year after? Also... Montreal's rushing stats from last night: Durant: 1 rush, 19 yards (sounds like a scramble {scrambled ham and eggs maybe } where he saw some open space) Willy: 2 rushes, 18 yards Sutton: 6 rushes, 4 yards Logan: 1 rush for 2 yards assuming the three QB rushes are scrambles... they called 7 rush plays for a grand total of 6 yards gained...
-
Injury Report
Maybe I'm just drawing a blank on this nice Friday morning before a long weekend... but who, specifically, are you referring to here... Loffler vs Macho? Bond vs Neufeld? I would guess it's highly unlikely Neufeld goes anywhere this year... You don't give up National O-line depth in a year when you're a contender...
-
Welcoming Other Fans
Haha, you're still on this? .... BTW, possessive requires an apostrophe... c'mon, it's basic grade school grammar! I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about this... it's his opinion... it's a stupid opinion, but he has every right to have it He saw how "ham and egger" Nichols was on Canada Day... and he'll see it again this weekend...
-
Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...
no wait... that's just what Regina smells like...
-
Injury Report
If we all just trusted the coaches decisions at face value (which I mostly do)... what would be the point of even having a discussion board?!
-
Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...
The new official motto of riderfans.com!
-
Lock of the Week 11
Greg Ellingson
-
Rodblacks @ Als
I'd be shocked if BC or Sask don't end up with a better record than whoever is 3rd in the east... I think - barring some second half collapses in the west - the cross-over is almost guaranteed...
-
Injury Report
who comes out is the tough decision... that's what he's saying... putting a healthy Dressler back in the line up - especially against sask - is the easiest decisions the coaches will make all year!