Everything posted by HardCoreBlue
-
Round 1 - Game 2 : Jets @ Anaheim
Um no. He's having a heck of a series imo. Put Pardy up on wing and sit Tlusty. If Ladd is playing hurt, sit him and get him better. His 80% is not better than a 100% we have in the bullpen. The mental part of his game just doesn't seem to be there, it's not the same Ladd I'm use to seeing. Pavelec played lights out, I actually feel bad for him, that doesn't happen often for me. I thought the commentators made a good point that we need to balance our heavy game with some energy towards concentrated offence. Kesler, we need to make him a non-factor is how we react to his crap. For the most part Perry was a non factor last night, nice to see. Unfortunately we have to fight thru the non calls, we can't control how the game is officiated. all I ask for is consistency and the refs can't make it about themselves. Tough one to swallow with holding the stick and too many men that led directly to scoring opportunities/goal. Brush it off, clean slate, new game. It's still an even series until someone loses at home.
-
Non-Jets Playoff Action
Also called a bruise.
-
Round 1 - Game 1 : Jets @ Anaheim
Okay, I officially hate the Ducks. Can't stand their head coach. Disliked him in Washington, dislike him even more now. Loved how he got the 'what for' from the head referee. Thought Galley made a great point about pacing, short shifts. Buff was taking minute shifts. Jets ran out of gas. We effectively shut down Getzlaf, Kesler and Perry for two periods but missed the third. Our penalty kill seems to be playing tentative, need to go back to that aggressive push. Ladd was definitely off his game, all started in the pre-game skate with Pavelec. If Thorburn and Wheeler's goals go in, we win. Trouba is a monster. If Little finds his game, we'll be fine. The way Thorburn is playing, he's almost deserving of third line minutes. My eleven-year old son reminded me it's only the first game, we can steal one on Saturday.
-
Non-Jets Playoff Action
It can't be the only factor (e.g., video, players history, rules, etc.) but has to be ONE of the factors impacting severity of supplemental discipline. Then, it would control for minimizing a cheap shot with no injury not being appropriately assessed.
-
Non-Jets Playoff Action
Oh, that changes everything.
-
Jets vs Ducks Analysis
To neutralize, like we did with Ovechkin, match Meyers on Getzlaf.
-
Game 82 - Flames @ Jets
You could rotate them to play 1/2 game each.
-
Game 81 - Jets @ Avs
I assumed you always were based on your posts . . . :-)
-
The Wild Card race aka hockey's Final Four
Honestly I would keep playing Pav all the way regardless. One game of rest... I don't see the value. Change as little as possible because the team is rolling and you don't want to knock them off course. If the Jets win today (please), you'll see all healthy press box players and dancing gabe in the line-up against Calgary.
-
CFL proposed rule changes for 2015
Move the goalposts to the back of the end zone like the NFL.
-
Game 75: Habs @ Jets
Usually (I hope) the goalie get's upset at the situation (being screened) and not at the player (didn't mean to and/or had to be there). There's a difference.
-
Can we please take a vacation from Rider fans on vacation
That's because you don't live in your parents basement. If you're a true blue fan however, you can do whatever you want, no judgement.
-
Next year's line up?
I'd much rather see Perreault play the wing. Lowry has all the makings of a prototypical 3rd line centre for years and years... Second line when he hits his prime (hopefully).
-
Willy Contract Negotiations
Right or wrong, some athletes would disagree with this. Again, right or wrong some athletes expect some sort of security other than being paid for what they deliver. Similar to having a base salary where most of your income comes from commission.
-
Game 74 : Jets @ Canucks
The one positive I take out of this game was Hutch handled the puck with much more confidence than I've previously seen.
-
Game 74 : Jets @ Canucks
Keep the momentum going as long as you can. Start Pavelec.
-
Game 72 : Crapitals @ Jets
I was not aware of Stafford's hands. Wow. You can tell Pavelec is playing with new found confidence. No happy feet, his positional play was outstanding last night. For the most part, hooved in the puck, caps had very few rebounds. I watched the Oil game afterwards and Scrivens played like bad Pavelec, i.e., made outstanding saves at times but his positional play was atrocious. Even my 10 year old son pointed it out.
-
Game 72 : Crapitals @ Jets
I'd take Bure in a heartbeat. The guy was a great goal scorer. He & Teemu Selanne were filling NHL nets with goals back in 1992-93. When I think of Bure one dimensional doesn't come to mind. You might as well say Teemu was one dimensional because all he scored was 76 goals that season. Sacrilege!
-
Game 71: Blues @ Jets
Great point. Terrible ooint. Hey Buff do you want a 7 year deal for $56 million or a three year deal for $18? If you don't take the lesser deal it's because you hate winnipeg. There's something to be said for being close to home and liking where you are but this is his last chance to cash in and make generational money. He might put a value on liking where he plays bits flat out stupid if that value is more than a few bucks. I'm sorry, was that the point that was made? No, the point was, at least for me, was wondering how much Dustin likes playing here (without your type of judgement), nothing more nothing less. Also, suggesting Dustin is stupid if he gives up significant money to play in an environment he likes fascinates me. You casting judgment on things like this doesn't sound very open minded. Historically, some professional athletes, in a variety of sports, have factored in other things than money when making key decisions about their future.
-
Game 72 : Crapitals @ Jets
Which reminds me what my wife once asked me while watching one of the few games she's watched, 'Why don't they just put a huge sumo wrestler in net, there would be no place to shoot'. My response was, 'you can't . . . wait a sec?'
-
Game 71: Blues @ Jets
Great point.
-
The Wild Card race aka hockey's Final Four
Considering how they've been playing over the last 10-15 games, I don't know about that. I just keep waiting for Dubnyk to come back to his old self and it has happened yet.
-
Game 71: Blues @ Jets
You're missing a few parts imo. Championship teams also need veteran presence, leadership and grit. Players like Buff and Ladd (I know you didn't say Ladd) are not a nice to haves for this team. They are a big part of our identity, they are a big piece to what we would like to accomplish in the next 3-5 years. They are two special players that would be very difficult to replace. I appreciate cap restrictions may dictate this not being possible but if it comes down to where do we push this pile of money, I know what I'd do. Obviously some of us will have different perspectives when it comes to determining what's a luxury for this team and what are necessities when you really get into the discussion of how this team is being built. Arm chairing gm'ing is fun when there's no pressure :-)
-
Game 71: Blues @ Jets
I haven't read every post on every blog site, but I didn't read anyone saying the Jets should buy out Pavs. I did see, myself included, that certain posters thought it could be an option in the off season, not now as we push for a playoff spot. I believe it was yourself who responded it isn't an option due to cap issues.
-
Buff and Myers practising today!
How unlucky for Paul Postma. Hasn't been in the starting lineup since early January, plays a solid game, out with injury. Geez.