The Wild Card race aka hockey's Final Four

This topic is for teams in the Wild Card race.

L.A.: We can write off L.A. as being a concern. After hibernating for most of the season the Cup champs have woken up and have won 8 in a row. No surprise. When you've won multiple cups recently you can take 50 games off and turn on the power when you need to.

4 teams - 2 spots...

Calgary: Kings play lately has knocked them down into the Wild Card race but they have a March schedule that is the best of all the teams included in this post. 15 games(7 home) with 10 against teams below them currently in the standings.

Minnesota: Pulled off the trade/gift of the year by getting Dubnyk. 14 games(8 home) in March and 6 against teams below them currently in the standings.

Winnipeg: 14 games(8 at home) and 5 against teams currently below us in the standings.

San Jose: Has a brutal March schedule. Of their 13 games they only play 3 teams below them currently in the standings. On the plus side, the least amount of games.

And the rest...

DAL/COL: Can not find the post from last fall but I called DAL/COL as missing the playoffs this year and that's holding up. Really seeing nothing changing in that department plus I just can't be wrong in my predictions :)

Conclusion...

Advantage Calgary/Minnesota

Calgary: Kings play lately has knocked them down into the Wild Card race but they have a March schedule that is the best of all the teams included in this post. 15 games(7 home) with 10 against teams below them currently in the standings.

Think you might want to edit that to Flames.

Think you might want to edit that to Flames.

(L.A.)Kings play lately has knocked them(Flames) down into,,,,

I'm gonna say it, but Chicago is a team that i could see struggling down the stretch too, They are without Patrick Kane now and their D leaves lots to  be desired, Jets aren't far back of them actually, 4 points i think. Calgary seems to be struggling a bit right now too, LA is in, Reality is if Jets were in the Pacific Division, they would be second behind Anaheim.

Vancouver will be without Miller for a long time now too, Calgary could very well take Vancouvers Spot.

The way i see, Advantage: Winnipeg for the 1st wild card spot. Why? because they hold it right now and just need to keep picking up points like they have been doing. 

I pieced together the full quote tweeted by Darrin Bauming:

@DarrinBauming: Andrew Ladd: "I'm 29 so, I could care less about the draft and develop model. I want to win right now. I still feel like we have a group here and we have the core to do that, and now it's kind of whoever comes in, the young guys that we have drafted can jump on board and help our group out I'm all for it too." - Andrew Ladd

San Jose lost to Ottawa tonight, you can not officially but darn near officially eliminate them. Minny gonna beat Colorado as it's 3-1 with a minute left in the game. 

It's gonna come down to WPG, MINNY, and one of Calgary or Vancouver. 2 of those 4 will get in. 

Call me crazy

But 

Anaheim, LA, Vancouver. Nasvhille,ST L, Chicago. 

Wpg, Minny. 5 teams from the Central. 

Giordano possibly out for the season. That's not going to help the Flames make the playoffs. I'd like to see them make it, but I don't think they will.

He went from out for season to skating in the warmup but not playing. LOL.

Giordano has a torn tendon in his arm.  Surgery Wednesday. Four to 6 month recovery  time. So... LOL?

Initial reports said gone for season. Then the next game there he is in the warm up. A huge surprise! So yeah it was LOL at the time I typed it as it looked like he was day to day and injury report was way wrong.

But hey now's he's gone for rest of season. Lots of Flames fans have given up. Geeze one dman goes down and its freaking panic time. Look at us. Have some faith geezus!

@DarrinBauming: Andrew Ladd: "I'm 29 so, I could care less about the draft and develop model. I want to win right now. I still feel like we have a group here and we have the core to do that, and now it's kind of whoever comes in, the young guys that we have drafted can jump on board and help our group out I'm all for it too." - Andrew Ladd

This PSA has been brought to you by CONTEXT...

This PSA has been brought to you by CONTEXT...