Buff and Myers practising today!

IC Khari

Myers and Buff both possible for tomorrow, Postma done for the season it sounds like with a significant lower body injury? Broken leg? What happened to him, thought he played quite well and to be honest, when he was on the powerplay, thought we actually looked much better than normal. It's been said before but tomorrow really is a huge game for us, win and basically can eliminate the sharks really. Play like we did vs Tampa and this team will be tough to beat their remaining games. That's how we need to play to win, it's nice to see that they got back to playing that strong defensively smart hockey, I hope it lasts and if it does, this team may surprise some people if they get to the playoffs. 

I feel bad for Postma; solid teammate, and a solid dude (from what I'm told.. my GF volunteered with him at Siloam Mission last fall).

What I couldn't help think about....

Postma doesn't play for 2 months, no peep out of him, comes back, plays 23 mins and is praised for his solid play.

Meanwhile, Pavs doesn't play for a couple weeks, comes back, plays well but blows the game (STL, obvs), and afterwards it's all about how he hasn't played in awhile, he was screened etc.

Methinks, the younger Postma could teach Pavelec a thing or two about being a pro...

...that said, not a bash-Pavelec post... he played well on Saturday. Do we think Maurice goes back to him vs SJ?

I'd start Pavelec in our next game, but not b/c of any supposed controversy. Play him b/c he's had a good game more recently than Hutchinson has. Hutch hasn't been good enough lately to have his feelings hurt over potentially losing a start.

Hutch is a rookie and a good team mate, he dont have hurt feelings.  But by controversy I mean the sense that they dont have a starter.

As an aside, heard that Hutch has tied the franchise record for wins by a rookie goaltender.  Will almost certainly break the record.