Game 71: Blues @ Jets

The story so far...

Blues best team in NHL

Must win for Jets(aren't they all at this point?)

Keep Steen off the scoreboard and his dad out of the arena

Pav to start

Everyone but the Kings playing Thursday

Somewhere either in the back of my mind or on the board I saw Pav starting games down the stretch. Weird.

I wouldn't call this a MUST WIN, it would be a nice win but not a MUST WIN, must wins are against teams like Vancouver,Minni,Calgary, This would just help lots. 

Pav starting? Not sure i've seen that confirmed but would make sense, outside of that fluke goal he let in vs St Louis, Pav has been better than Hutch recently.

Should have called this thread.. BLUES at JETS: Pavelecs Revenge!! 

I wouldn't call this a MUST WIN, it would be a nice win but not a MUST WIN, must wins are against teams like Vancouver,Minni,Calgary, This would just help lots. 

Pav starting? Not sure i've seen that confirmed but would make sense, outside of that fluke goal he let in vs St Louis, Pav has been better than Hutch recently.

Should have called this thread.. BLUES at JETS: Pavelecs Revenge!!

2m4ubgy.jpg

I think Pavs has played better because he's got some competition on his a** ... most pro athletes with any pride will. Judging from his comments last week about not playing in three weeks (no matter how whinny it sounded), it seems he is a very proud guy and not playing was really bugging him. I don't think he'll let down as easily as it used to be when he had no one to challenge his job, at least I hope so anyway ;).

He also made a comment, I think referring to the first goal of his first start back (cant remember the game off hand but I think it was somewhat of a softie) he later said after that goal if he hadnt stopped the rest he didnt think he'd ever play again. 

Im happy for Pavs.  When Hutch was playing well you had the goofballs online saying gee should have bought out Pavs.  Not a chance.  Although I have enjoyed watching Darren Ford claim to be the only man alive who stood up for Pavs and no one will give him credit it for...much like no one gives him credit for single handedly bringing back the Jets, bringing back the Moose, building the Iceplex with his bare hands, curing polio etc.  :-)

He also made a comment, I think referring to the first goal of his first start back (cant remember the game off hand but I think it was somewhat of a softie) he later said after that goal if he hadnt stopped the rest he didnt think he'd ever play again. 

Im happy for Pavs.  When Hutch was playing well you had the goofballs online saying gee should have bought out Pavs.  Not a chance.  Although I have enjoyed watching Darren Ford claim to be the only man alive who stood up for Pavs and no one will give him credit it for...much like no one gives him credit for single handedly bringing back the Jets, bringing back the Moose, building the Iceplex with his bare hands, curing polio etc.  :-)

I haven't read every post on every blog site, but I didn't read anyone saying the Jets should buy out Pavs. I did see, myself included, that certain posters thought it could be an option in the off season, not now as we push for a playoff spot. I believe it was yourself who responded it isn't an option due to cap issues.

I haven't read every post on every blog site, but I didn't read anyone saying the Jets should buy out Pavs. I did see, myself included, that certain posters thought it could be an option in the off season, not now as we push for a playoff spot. I believe it was yourself who responded it isn't an option due to cap issues.

I wouldnt have even considered it.  People forget that we didnt know what Hutch was in the off-season.  And clearly, having two goalie options is needed right now.  I think he's a potential trade option after next season but since Hutch is still in his entry deal, they might as well keep both.  The caveat being, if Hutch becomes the bonafide number one guy next season, Pavs might not be too happy.