Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
More Players or More Money?
We have enough trouble filling rosters with quality Canadian players as it is. We have stuff where juniors such as Brett Carter could basically be on the team without taking up a roster spot. That's good enough.
-
Bombers O-line coach
Although Chiu is an intriguing name, it's tough for me to say that someone without any experience coaching in the CFL wouldn't be a significant downgrade from one of the best O-line coaches in the game in Wylie.
-
2014 CFL Draft blog
If we still had our second round pick getting Coombs there would've been nice.
-
Any wagers on how long the new team in Ottawa lasts?
Hopefully forever.
-
Kevin Glenn has requested a trade
I'm not sure anyone would be upset about a Canadian safety with a beloved brother playing well for us. Unfortunately, Cauchy being cut has to be considered far more likely than him being a productive starter.
-
Kevin Glenn has requested a trade
Hall most likely doesn't make the team if we acquire Glenn.
-
Kevin Glenn has requested a trade
I wouldn't give up Suber. I honestly wouldn't give up anything more than a Cauchy Muamba, Desia Dunn or an Aaron Kelly.
-
Is Glenn only as good as the team around him? Brown thinks so ...
So Calgary goes and gives the league a successful example of elevating a young starter with upside, and teaming him with an experienced, good-but-not-great backup... and TBurgess from the confines of his cozy British Columbia abode thinks that it is laughable to suggest that might work in Winnipeg? Calgary's been arguably the most successful team in the CFL since signing Kevin Glenn as its experienced, good-but-not-great, backup quarterback. Why wouldn't we try it, if the price were right? I wouldn't compare Willy with Tate just yet, Tate got to play a fair bit before they traded Burris did he not? Safe to say Calgary had a better idea what Tate was capable of with their team. Willy has played quite a bit more than Tate prior to Burris being traded.
-
Is Glenn only as good as the team around him? Brown thinks so ...
He makes a fair point. Glenn isn't going to elevate the guys around him, but at the same time you're more than capable of winning with him.
-
Argo released Khalif Mitchell
I have no issues giving guys the opportunity to potentially make 100x more money in the NFL.
-
Kevin Glenn has requested a trade
No, I'd give up someone more along the lines of Aaron Kelly.
-
A Look at the Blue Bombers LB's and DB's
Yeah, I know Sears has injury concerns but I wasn't sold on Markett yet either.
-
Bombers add 2 MORE imports
Plus the receiver caught passes from Boltus. That has to count for something.
-
7am WBB FC Announcement -- Buck Pierce New RBs Coach
Good spot to start his coaching career. Who knows, maybe in seven or so years have a very successful time featuring multiple Grey Cup victories with Mike O'Shea, Buck Pierce will become our new Head Coach.
-
Bombers trade for QB Brian Brohm; cut Justin Goltz
Back on topic please! I'm shocked that they would delete any threads, the site is pretty quiet these days and I'd be surprised if it's even around next year. It'll simply be the ghost of Shankman modding non existent people for going off topic.
-
Kevin Glenn has requested a trade
That's exactly what I'm worrying about as well. I have no problems with us bringing Glenn in, but Drew Willy needs to be our starting QB this year.
-
Kevin Glenn has requested a trade
Max Hall Cauchy and a 5th rounder? I'd rather just roll with Willy though rather than having to deal with the inevitable QB controversy with Glenn.
-
REDBLACKS sign Justin Palardy
Still not sure that letting him go was a good move IMO.
-
What if Tim Burke had come back as DC?
This was discussed quite frequently prior to him being hired by the Argos. It seems that most people wanted someone new at first, but seeing as how we ended up with Etch, would this have been a better option? Or would it have just been a bad situation having the man responsible for last years mess around in any capacity?
-
Buck Pierce set to announce retirement today
I agree, otherwise I'm sure he'd be released. Making room for Kevin Glenn would be my guess. Finding a spot for Buck in our organization would be nice, he's someone who if nothing else always gave us his all.
-
Free Agency - 2014...
A worse stat might be that we haven't had the same Quarterback lead the team in yardage in back to back years since Kevin Glenn in 2007 and 2008.
-
The mastery of Marcel Desjardins continues...
I'm not sure why people think Kavis Reed is a horrible coach. I actually thought he did a pretty good job here in 2010.
-
Free Agency - 2014...
Nik Lewis is a fantastic player, and we'd be crazy to not have interest in him.
-
Bombers trade for QB Brian Brohm; cut Justin Goltz
I would assume it would be the Bombers 2015 4th rounder not the Riders. I remember when Brian Brohm was coming out of college, people were surprised that he dropped out of the first round and thought that the Packers would be able to deal him for a first rounder within a couple of years.
-
Free Agency - 2014...
If we do, IMO the season is already over. I wasn't aware that the lack of a quality third string QB was that damaging.