Willy ready to compete if Bombers trade for Glenn

gbill2004

From today's Winnipeg Sun. Gotta love his attitude.

Earlier this off-season, head coach Mike O'Shea gave new quarterback Drew Willy a vote of confidence, naming him the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' starter.

Yet the prospect of disgruntled Hamilton veteran Kevin Glenn joining the Bombers remains a possibility.

Willy, in town to drum up some publicity, says it wouldn't shock him if it happens.

"I'll be ready to compete against anyone," Willy told the Winnipeg Sun, today. "If something like that did happen, I'd just do everything else I've done in my career -- just compete and go about my business. Just try to win a spot.

"I've learned in pro football things can change quickly."

Hamilton veteran?

The article is written by Paul Friesen, so errors like that are expected.

The guy also works for the Sun so errors like that are required ...

That's bad. Wow, for a sportswriter in Winnipeg supposedly covering the CFL, that is inexcusable. 

Anybody pointed it out to Friesen that Glenn is not a Hamilton vet?

Glenn did play for Hamilton at one time, so wouldn't that make him a vet of Hamilton? I'm not defending Friesen here at all, just curious what the protocol is. I realize that his last team technically is Ottawa, but he never played there, so would he really be considered, at this point, just a Calgary vet?

The more I see interviews with Drew Willy he is reminding me more and more of Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights.

THAT'S WHAT I SAID BEFORE!!!  Isn't it crazy how much they are alike?

Well I said he looks like him, but I find even his mannerisms are similar.

Show was really good.