Any wagers on how long the new team in Ottawa lasts?

IC Khari

I hope the team lasts for a long time, I wanna see a 10 team league soon... maybe even 12 in the next 10-15 years would be great...

As far as how long Desjardins will last... that's a different story... it would have to be a colossal disaster for him get fired this year but you never know... 

A great deal of success of this venture is related to the overall commercial development of the site. That will drive this team. Similar to Asper's plan for the site of the old stadium. The difference being that the Ottawa location is more viable on the banks of the Rideau Canal.

new stadium... new TV contract...

no reason to be so pessimistic even given prior failures.

Bluto's right.  The improving TV deals the CFL is getting is making the league less-and-less dependent on gate. 

People in Ottawa like football.  They've finally got owners that are not named Glieberman.  I hope they're a permanent fixture, and that it leads to Quebec City or Atlantic expansion within 5 years.

new stadium... new TV contract...

no reason to be so pessimistic even given prior failures.

Bluto's right.  The improving TV deals the CFL is getting is making the league less-and-less dependent on gate. 

People in Ottawa like football.  They've finally got owners that are not named Glieberman.  I hope they're a permanent fixture, and that it leads to Quebec City or Atlantic expansion within 5 years.

Amen.