Two home games to start the season ...

IC Khari

... June 16 against the Argos and July 3 against that team from Ottawa. When was the last time the Bombers started the first two at home? I really believe the early sked gives this team a chance to get out of the gate well and build some confidence. I know the later part of the sked is brutal, but it's amazing what momentum can do for a young team. Those two (turning into 7 straight) early wins in 2011 gave the Bombers the chance to play in the Cup. We're not in the East anymore so it'll be a tough road. I'm hoping we're going to compete from the first game on.

is playing in front of the bipolar fans in Winnipeg really a bonus? Seems to me that if they start out poorly the mob will turn on them pretty quick. 

I guess you'll need to talk to Dr Sigmund as you're part of the fanbase like we all are. Id? ;)

Well I did say IN Winnipeg so I got my bases covered.

Losing at home to Ottawa in the franchise's first freaking game would be a disaster of epic proportions...

Sadly, I have a feeling I know how that game is going to turn out already.

By that, you mean that our DL's going to have a pinata party with Burris' 39-year-old ass, en route to a 37-10 victory?  Ottawa's TD by way of a DeMarco sneak in garbage time...

Too soon to post anything positive? ;) After the last few years I guess it's expected, but all that being said, I have a feeling that this is going to be the start of a different Bomber era, a time where fans have hope and possibly can get their swagger back. Not sure how long it will take but I truly believe we are heading in the right direction as a franchise again. Call me a dreamer or delusional if you'd like because I know this has been said countless times over the last 23 years. Still IMO I've seen us try harder in the last 6 months than in the last 5 seasons combined to improve and that gives me reason to hope.  

We had some good years in the early to mid 90's & early to mid 2000's so it's now the early to mid 10's. So we're due.... The 2011 season was smoke & mirrors. We have a long way to crawl out of the mess Mack left us with. I won't be as hard on this team as I would have been had Sleepy Joe & Burke still been here. The new regime deserves a chance & I'm going to give it to them.

Just as a point of reference, going back 44 years to 1970 (because I can) new Head Coach Jim Spavital went 2-14 for last place. No one called for his firing because the team played hard that year & didn't suffer a lot of blow outs. There was room for optimism. We needed a qb as well as a few other pieces. We traded for Don Jonas, picked up wide receiver Jim Thorpe, signed (what we thought was a clean) Mack Herron, brought  in a couple of new OL as well as a new MLB, safety & went 7-8-1 in 1971. The team got better in 72 & went 10-6 where we lost the Western Final to Saskatchewan. So, there is always hope. 

Losing at home to Ottawa in the franchise's first freaking game would be a disaster of epic proportions...

Sadly, I have a feeling I know how that game is going to turn out already.

It's not a coincidence that their first game is against Winnipeg. If anyone is capable of handing a new franchise its first win it would be the Bombers.

I always felt that if Lapo would of punted in the second game in 2010 instead of trying to kick a 50 yard field goal that they would of finished with a lot better record. Seemed like that one play set up the rest of the year losing all those close games.

I always felt that if Lapo would of punted in the second game in 2010 instead of trying to kick a 50 yard field goal that they would of finished with a lot better record. Seemed like that one play set up the rest of the year losing all those close games.

Nah I think the problem in 2010 was simply that Jyles would play well enough to lose nothing more nothing less.