Everything posted by rebusrankin
-
Possible Changes: Who? When? What Do You Think?
Burke has said some vets jobs are on the line, so when do we see changes and who? Do we see any on offense? Personally, I'd sub in Swiston for Morley and Simmons in for Boatman. Maybe Miles for Anderson.
-
Max Hall May Start In Bc
I hadn't seen that. Thanks, that makes more sense.
-
Max Hall May Start In Bc
I do wonder if its an excuse to audition Hall. Who replace Jovon? Seriously with Dunn and McGee hurt and Washington playing NB, who is left, Pendleton? Why don't we have a 4th QB on the roster?
-
Opposing Qb Totals The Last 3 Games...
Pierce is not helping out Goltz like for example. Dave Dickenson did during his last stop in Calgary.
-
Ottawa Will Have A Better Qb Than Us
Does Ottawa draft QBs first and then players? I seem to recall if a QB is taken that team can protect 2 more NIs. If that is the case, which QB does Ottawa take? Would you rather take Drew Wiley or get a shot at a Chris Best or Ricky Foley?
-
Stamps @ Bombers -- Gdt -- Game Day: We All Play
I think Mitchell we be a good starter. I like Goltz's potential, really think he just needs reps. Not sure on Drew Wiley.
-
So What's The Problem?
Agree that 2001 wasn't a fluke, 2000 we started about 1-6 or so and then we about 5/4 or or 6/3 in the second half and beat Hamilton in the playoffs. Good teams for the next three years. Also agree losing Dunn and Parker has hurt the D, although Wild seems to be decent and developing.
-
How Long Before The Club Makes A Big Move
They might be ok this year, attendancewise. I've read they need 31000 people per game. With the attendance so far, we need to pull about 30,000 for the remaining 6. I think they can do it (since the stadium is new). Next year though, yikes.
-
So What's The Problem?
They sold parking passes at twice the rate, so they do make money from parking, JBR. LaPo's deal is only paid for this year, so you fire Burke in the off-season, you're only paying him. It was only $4 million they needed to pay off per year. I believe its doable (paying for a quality coach).
-
So What's The Problem?
How much of Burke's deal is guaranteed. I know it was a 3 year deal (13,14,15) but Lapo's was only 2 year's guaranteed so is Burke's the same? Would mean only paying Mack and Burke for 2014. Fire them and pay the money for quality people. We have a new stadium which gives us higher attendance on higher prices, I'll assume concessions are giving us more, more on parking, naming rights etc.
-
Boatman
He doesn't help. Can't block, gives up too much pressure. Seriously 300+ NCAA Divison 1 schools and we can't find a better import tackle.
-
Boatman
Can anybody explain why Boatman keeps starting? He has been brutal. Can we not find another import tackle?
-
So What's The Problem?
Coaching staff Secondary OL Just some of the issues. I do agree wth Brown that a new coaching staff would help.
-
Ticats @ Riders
Marcus Howell, Geoff Drover, Wade Miller, Glen Murray, Susan Thompson
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
We're only paying Lapo for 2013 I believe, 2014 was non guaranteed.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
Three years was a terrible decision. Hoping that only one is guaranted like LaPo's. As an aside, anybody else dislike LaPo on TSN? No insight, no personality.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
Rewatched the Toronto game and Goltz has better zip or velocity on his passes than Buck has shown this year. Able to roll out and make plays better as well. He seems to have the tools to succede and just needs playing time.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
How long is his contract?/
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
Burke has made some questionable coaching decisions (the punt in the 2012 LDC, keeping Crowton, not hiring more experienced offensive coaches, not hiring a QB coach to name some). Add those to his comments be it calling out players (Elliott is a turnover machine) and it makes you think he's not head coach material.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
Excited to hear this. Hope he plays well.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
Anybody else tired of Burke's comments to the media. More and more I feel he's a good coordinator but not a good head coach.
-
Hamilton Cuts Knowlton And Patrick
Interesting moves today. I'd take Knowlton depending on how long Dunn and Sears are out.
-
Bryant Turner Upgraded To Probable
Source on Gilmore? Sounded like he might play yesterday.
-
Jade Etienne
What evidence do you have that he was LaPo's pick?
-
Argos Released Lb Brandon Issac
1. I'd sign him. 2. Why would Toronto cut him?