Hamilton Cuts Knowlton And Patrick

Jpan85

Knowlton is one of those players whose name has more weight than his actual play. Just hasnt been effective for at least two years now. Too bad there want a better way to do this - deserved a better send off but things have to happen now for HAM.

Knowlton is one of those players whose name has more weight than his actual play. Just hasnt been effective for at least two years now. Too bad there want a better way to do this - deserved a better send off but things have to happen now for HAM.

was there anyone in the hamilton D been effective in that D the last 2 years?

are you suggesting that the bombers don't cut veterans? Cause Hefney might disagree with you there. 

No, what I'm suggesting is that our fan base should pay attention and not whine or cry when we cut a veteran for a younger (gasp) cheaper player because, obviously other teams do it all the time.

No, what I'm suggesting is that our fan base should pay attention and not whine or cry when we cut a veteran for a younger (gasp) cheaper player because, obviously other teams do it all the time.

Actually, the speculation is that these guys were cut to make room for Isaac coming over from the Argos, so releasing a veteran to pick up another is not really the same thing.

I'd like to see Knowlton come in for a look see at WIL, while he's no longer the player he was 2 years ago, I believe he's still a servicable vet, his cfl experience as well as his leadership qualities are something clearly missing on this team.

I suppose he may have looked bad because of the talent around him but I'd rather not bring in a guy that at least in my eyes was really on a steep decline. Wild didn't look too bad last game and it's not like Knowlton would even be a certain upgrade at this point since he hasn't looked good in a long time and he's not a natural WIL.

I suppose he may have looked bad because of the talent around him but I'd rather not bring in a guy that at least in my eyes was really on a steep decline. Wild didn't look too bad last game and it's not like Knowlton would even be a certain upgrade at this point since he hasn't looked good in a long time and he's not a natural WIL.

Wild looked inexperienced but I don't think he was bad... the SAM on the other hand... yikes. Sears I only saw in the first half so I assume he got hurt pretty early, but I didn't think he looked good at all. I'm not sure who was playing there afterwards. 

Maybe so but would you play Knowlton over Desia Dunn when he's healthy? At his price tag, there is zero reason to bring him in as a stopgap for a few weeks until Dunn is healthy because of the temptation to have him keep playing when he wouldn't be the best option down the line. I'd bring him in if we knew for a fact that once Dunn were healthy we would straight up cut him but that's never going to happen.

Either way it's moot, apparently we have no interest.

Wild looked inexperienced but I don't think he was bad... the SAM on the other hand... yikes. Sears I only saw in the first half so I assume he got hurt pretty early, but I didn't think he looked good at all. I'm not sure who was playing there afterwards. 

Markett was at half in the second half, so I would have to assume we dropped Washington down.

• 1 month later...