Opposing Qb Totals The Last 3 Games...

78/91, 1095 Yards, 7 TD's

There are no words. Sure glad we can all agree Buck Pierce is the biggest problem with this team.

He isn't ???? could have fooled me by the way people talk about Buck.

I stated when we brought in Creehan that the defense still had me worried (they've been regressing after the 7-1 start in 2011), IMO the bombers D looks worse than Hamilton's did last season. No life or fire or anything, actually it's seems like the whole team is suffering from this.

yeah well The defense crapping their pants the last 2 games doesn't absolve PIerce from his horrendous play. Hell I'd say Goltz starting all year we're 3-2 cause those first three games were lost because Pierce was horrendous. 

Wow..............really? because Goltz looked so amazing tonight, oh wait unless you're talking about last week where he played in garbage time.

Absolutely unreal that a Qb plays the way Goltz did and still he's somehow better than Pierce.

IMO this is not a Goltz or Pierce issue................ talent, will to win and Crowton seem to be the bigger issues.

Goltz > Pierce.  Why are we even talking about this?  And why the hell are we trying to connect the QBs and defense?

Because on this team, while quarterback play is no question an issue, it is FAR from the biggest issue. Didn't think I'd actually have to spell that out.

Wow..............really? because Goltz looked so amazing tonight, oh wait unless you're talking about last week where he played in garbage time.

Absolutely unreal that a Qb plays the way Goltz did and still he's somehow better than Pierce.

IMO this is not a Goltz or Pierce issue................ talent, will to win and Crowton seem to be the bigger issues.

yeah, that's how bad Pierce was. Plus I think Goltz was decent tonight, the biggest problem tonight was starting in the 2nd quarter the defense could not get off the field and the offense didn't get a lot of chances. Dunno what the TOP stats were but I guarantee it was lopsided. 

yeah, that's how bad Pierce was. Plus I think Goltz was decent tonight, the biggest problem tonight was starting in the 2nd quarter the defense could not get off the field and the offense didn't get a lot of chances. Dunno what the TOP stats were but I guarantee it was lopsided. 

38:15-21:45. You can fault both sides for that.

I think Goltz left some plays on the field because once he found success in the first quarter he went away from what worked & tried to push the ball deeper downfield. The kid is a rookie starter. he needs help to stay  with what works. WE NEED A FREAKING QB COACH. Someone he can talk to after he comes off. Someone to discuss his selection of routes, pump him up when he needs it or give him **** when he screws up. Crowton can't talk to him as he is too busy with other stuff in a game.

38:15-21:45. You can fault both sides for that.

No you can't, the defense looked like a bunch of children out there against Calgary's offense. It's completely freaking pathetic to let a 3rd string QB put up 38:15 in time of possession with 85% passing, 376 yards, 3TDS and over 100 yards rushing. That's horrendous, dispecable and astonishing. THis has to be flat out the worst 2 game performance by a Bomber defense ever. You take all that into account and then you have this idiot mr. perfect some how using that attack the offense. Just freaking ********.

The offense gets absolutely no blame for this loss.

We don't blitz. No pressure. DBs in chase mode.

it's not the lack of blitzing, it's the lack of coverage. Even Burke says that much. he says they aren't playing man well enough to play man so they switch to zone and when they play zone they don't do any better. 

Team needs a wake up call... i agree with Mitch it wouldn't hurt shelving vets and putting new guys in competing for their jobs.     While Markett definitely failed tonight,  it may be somebody else who could come in like Dunn did pre injury and just play at a high level. 

When a qb has time to throw he'll find open receivers. It's too much to ask the defensive secondary to keep blanketing receivers play after play when there's no pressure on the qb. That, to me is the defense's problem. And the fact they're gassed because the offense can't sustain drives & it's constantly 2 & out...

When a qb has time to throw he'll find open receivers. It's too much to ask the defensive secondary to keep blanketing receivers play after play when there's no pressure on the qb. That, to me is the defense's problem. And the fact they're gassed because the offense can't sustain drives & it's constantly 2 & out...

but that's the problem! the qb doesn't need time the receivers are that open! I mean just look at that first big play the stamps made, that receiver was never covered by anyone. Both of the tds the receivers were never covered either, the dbs were beaten clean the whole way. The zone they were playing gave all kinds of underneath room and then they missed tackles coming up to make the stop. There was no blanketing going on, just a hell of a lot of sloppy and downright blown coverages backed up with horrendous tackling. 

17, it all starts on defence with pressuring the qb. Blitzing is big risk, big reward kinda stuff especially against a guy like Ray. But a rookie qb??? He'll be running for his life or throwing the ball into our defenders hands as inexperienced qbs can't make their reads as quickly as a veteran qb can. Plus inexperienced qbs hold onto the football longer making a blitz easier to get to him. So, to just sit back & let Mitchell throw rushing the DL?? That's no strategy as we do it game in & game out. No pressure means a qb has time to go thru his progressions & for the receiver to get separation. Disrupting the qbs timing & putting absolute fear into his head where he throws early or  inaccurately is what our D needs to do. Look at guys like Ray & Durant. They get rattled easily as they don't like to get hit... Yeah, they could kill us but what's the diff... we're getting killed anyway playing this defense. The stubborness of this coaching staff to stick with things that don't work is going to cost all of them their jobs as this is getting absolutely stupid.

Three things...  I admit that I was and am still trying to be excited about Burke as our coach... but...

- Our pre-season defence is actually pretty similar to our regular season D... I thought pre-season was just a big experiment but I was wrong.  Did we blitz Muamba or Wild at all...  I'm trying to remember...

- Did anyone else notice that the record that RIcky Ray broke last week was also against a Burke defence in 2008?  I wonder if Burke's record may be inflated because the east's offences were so horrible in 2009 and 2010

- Burke's entire defence is based around small and fast DBs... then he says to the media that if you're too small to tackle then you'll lose your job?  Good OLs destroy small DBs...  that's why most of the rest of the league is trending towards larger guys...  we need to blitz.

I want to keep Burke but I think we need to airlift in some experienced asst coaches...  This season is getting confusing.