Jade Etienne

Brandon

Looking a lot better then what so many of the naysayers had against him for the last few years.  

I was watching the last half with lots of fast forwarding... but was it not Etienne who completely knocked a Toronto guy out of the game because he ran over him.   I was under the impression that Jade is to small to play football.   B)  B)

It still bugs me that for his first two seasons the media called him a bust pick by Mack and now that he's performing he's suddenly Lapo's pick.

It's funny two people can consume the same information and get such totally different views.  Because I see it as the exact opposite. 

When he was a bust the IMWT crowd repeatedly called him Lapo's pick.  Now that he's producing he's MAck's pick.  I'm sure the mods here wouldn't appreciate me linking to threads on another site but do a 5 minute search of the name "Jade Etienne" over there and you'll see him called Lapo's pick fairly regularly. 

Just like it was Lapo's call to cut Kent when discussing last year's defensive struggles but Mack's call to cut Kent when discussing the fact he's now at of football. 

Having said that, Jade is doing very well this year.  If he keeps it up and doesn't jump to the Riders first chance he gets then I will have been wrong and Joe Mack will have been right, sort of.   

It's funny two people can consume the same information and get such totally different views.  Because I see it as the exact opposite. 

When he was a bust the IMWT crowd repeatedly called him Lapo's pick.  Now that he's producing he's MAck's pick.  I'm sure the mods here wouldn't appreciate me linking to threads on another site but do a 5 minute search of the name "Jade Etienne" over there and you'll see him called Lapo's pick fairly regularly. 

I didn't say fans, I said the media. I don't know who called him Lapo's pick at any other sites because most posts that I've seen at other forums either called him Mack's bust pick or were by people saying that fans needed to be patient.

So, do the Bombers overpay to keep Etienne as you know come Feb 15th, Napkin Boy will go after him. The way Mack operates he may just refuse to match or better any offer Jade gets. More importantly, is he worth overpaying to keep? Kid has had a good start, not a great start so we'll see.  

So, do the Bombers overpay to keep Etienne as you know come Feb 15th, Napkin Boy will go after him. The way Mack operates he may just refuse to match or better any offer Jade gets. More importantly, is he worth overpaying to keep? Kid has had a good start, not a great start so we'll see.  

If everything remains on its current pace Jade will go 50 or so catches for 800 or so yards and the team will win 5 or so games.  So you have to at least consider the possiblity that someone other then Joe Mack will be making that call.  Makes it hard to predict how that scenario will play out. 

Kent getting cut was Mack's call. Etienne was LaPo's pick. The challenge is we paid to develop him and he'll be a FA in Feb. better resign him before the Ottawa draft or you protect a guy you would likely loss either to Ottawa or the LaBatte ...I want to play here party line and then go to Regina...how could you blame him.

Saskatchewan could easily fit him under the cap.  If he's a 24 year old non-import home town receiver coming off an 800 yard season they'll find a spot.  Any one of us could name 5 guys they could cut to get the money for someone like that.